Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:01 pm

I know this has been discussed to death, but I have a flight to MUC on this bird and am choosing between 2AB or 1KL. Its an overnight flight and I would like to sleep, but then again I like the extra footwell space - my wife and I are both around 6ft tall.

Knowing this, what would you recommend (is it better to sacrifice foot space for less light/chatter)?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JoesRevenge
I know this has been discussed to death, but I have a flight to MUC on this bird and am choosing between 2AB or 1KL. Its an overnight flight and I would like to sleep, but then again I like the extra footwell space - my wife and I are both around 6ft tall.

Knowing this, what would you recommend (is it better to sacrifice foot space for less light/chatter)?
the light/chatter is solvable with eye masks/earplugs --- go for the foot space.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Trying to decide between row 28 and row 17. Any thoughts on this?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I need some help trying to pick the best E+ seat on the 767-400. We are Going from FCO-EWR. For me any E+ seat that might have a slight edge in leg room is my preference as I am 6' 2". Right now we are in the last row of E+ (28 k,l) and this is the exit row. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
I need some help trying to pick the best E+ seat on the 767-400. We are Going from FCO-EWR. For me any E+ seat that might have a slight edge in leg room is my preference as I am 6' 2". Right now we are in the last row of E+ (28 k,l) and this is the exit row. Thanks!
Row 28 A/L have one downside: the slide protrudes from the exit door in front of you. While it isn't as bad as the 757 (due to being a bit further from the door) this is a large bulge that requires angling somewhat awkwardly. Personally I shy away from these seats, but if you're OK with the tradeoff there's plenty of leg room.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by wto605
Row 28 A/L have one downside: the slide protrudes from the exit door in front of you. While it isn't as bad as the 757 (due to being a bit further from the door) this is a large bulge that requires angling somewhat awkwardly. Personally I shy away from these seats, but if you're OK with the tradeoff there's plenty of leg room.
well it would be my wife that would have the window and I always take the aisle. She is much shorter than me so maybe it would not be as big a deal?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: United Silver; Marriott Silver
Flying IAD->FCO in 4A/B with the wife. Anybody heard anything bad about those seats?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by swodog94
Flying IAD->FCO in 4A/B with the wife. Anybody heard anything bad about those seats?
With the exception of bulkheads having larger foot-wells and the general "proximity to the galley" at either end there's nothing exciting (good or bad) about any of the BF seats on this config. If one of you is tall and/or a side sleeper I would suggest double checking for a bulkhead pair because it's the difference between this and this
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: United Silver; Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by wto605
With the exception of bulkheads having larger foot-wells and the general "proximity to the galley" at either end there's nothing exciting (good or bad) about any of the BF seats on this config. If one of you is tall and/or a side sleeper I would suggest double checking for a bulkhead pair because it's the difference between this and this
Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:57 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Another Row 16 Questions...

There is a lot of information here regarding Row 16. Let me help continue to beat the dead horse...

Does anyone happen to have a picture of Row 16? I am interested in how much room there is from the front edge of the seat to the wall? I am curious as to whether a person who is 6'1" or 6'2" is going to feel like it's tight even though the pitch is greater than other seats in E+ because of the wall with nowhere to put your feet. Additionally, are the tray tables and PTV's in the armrest and, if so, if the seat width reduced noticeably from other E+ seats?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyKid
There is a lot of information here regarding Row 16. Let me help continue to beat the dead horse...

Does anyone happen to have a picture of Row 16? I am interested in how much room there is from the front edge of the seat to the wall? I am curious as to whether a person who is 6'1" or 6'2" is going to feel like it's tight even though the pitch is greater than other seats in E+ because of the wall with nowhere to put your feet. Additionally, are the tray tables and PTV's in the armrest and, if so, if the seat width reduced noticeably from other E+ seats?
I'm 5'11" and while I wouldn't call it roomy (for example sliding forward in your seat and extending your legs is probably not possible) but it isn't cramped. As for the seat width I'd say the setup (similar on the 763s and TATL 752s) is definitely noticeable, but no different than the domestic table-in-armrest seats you see in exit/bulkhead rows. Personally I'm not a fan on overnights since it makes various sleeping angles less comfortable.

I only sat in 764 row 16 once, domestically, a few years ago... so my memory is hazy, but I think this was the flight were I was able to prop my backpack against the bulkhead and put my feet on it. Pretty much the most comfortable I've been in E+.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:36 am

If you recline your seatback fully in Y, can the person behind you see/access their AVOD screen?
Old May 1, 2015, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
If you recline your seatback fully in Y, can the person behind you see/access their AVOD screen?
Yes. While the don't tilt (like the DTV on 737s) the screens have a very broad viewing angle (and face in a slightly upwards direction in the first place). I (as well as my taller siblings who are >6') have had no problem viewing the screen on a fully reclined seat even when sitting fully upright.
Old May 3, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM
Is seat 1B usually blocked for airport assignment or does it open up at check in?
Old May 3, 2015, 7:42 pm

IIRC 7D is crew rest, so 1B is probably just your standard blocked seat. I would expect it to open up at T-24, but cannot speak from recent experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.