FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

dinoscool3 Sep 8, 2014 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 23496143)
I didn't like it either. I found the aisle traffic super annoying and can't imagine sleeping in it on a long-haul.

One of the biggest YMMV seats in the fleet though, as there are members here who really like it.

Put me as one of those who really like them. I've slept in D seats multiple times, and I love to ability to get served and get out of the seat from both sides. I never felt I had a problem with privacy.

FTstudent Sep 8, 2014 8:01 pm

1D is pretty much my go to seat. Agree that you gotta keep an eye on your drink, especially during boarding.
My second favorite BF seat, only second to 1D on the 787. Could be my imagination, but felt like they pushed the foot cubby forward just a few hairs on the 787 making the seat slightly longer.

JVPhoto Sep 8, 2014 10:03 pm

As a solo traveler I love D on the 764 and have never had a problem with traffic or sleeping.

eflyte Sep 9, 2014 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 23496143)
I didn't like it either. I found the aisle traffic super annoying and can't imagine sleeping in it on a long-haul.

One of the biggest YMMV seats in the fleet though, as there are members here who really like it.

Fully agree - folks clearly go both ways but I'm not a fan and if you like being cozy and having a bit of a buffer from the traffic you might want to think twice about D. Part of the problem is the zig-zag aisle shape defined by the angled seats, I think. The FAs are clearly very good at working in this space but it seems to make some pax (me included) stagger down the aisle like a drunken soldier!

Kacee Oct 4, 2014 10:50 am

I just did 1B to HNL. The footwell is nice, but there are two negatives with this seat. First, the aisle is particularly narrow right there b/c of the closet on the other side and if you use the armrest you will get bumped by the FA's. Second, you look right into the galley at the jumpseat area. This is where the FA's congregate after meal service and they were pretty loud on this flight. I think I would take 1A, 1K, or 1L all over 1B. With the windows probably getting the slight edge because there's no galley light issue in those seats.

nikolastojsin Oct 4, 2014 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 23625885)
I just did 1B to HNL. The footwell is nice, but there are two negatives with this seat. First, the aisle is particularly narrow right there b/c of the closet on the other side and if you use the armrest you will get bumped by the FA's. Second, you look right into the galley at the jumpseat area. This is where the FA's congregate after meal service and they were pretty loud on this flight. I think I would take 1A, 1K, or 1L all over 1B. With the windows probably getting the slight edge because there's no galley light issue in those seats.

While Kacee is exactly right, I flew with my SO recently in 1K and 1L - and felt that 1A/1B pair would have been better (could have been the case of grass is greener). In 1K, you get the nice footwell, but you are sitting two feet from a closet that is constantly being used, and feel like you sitting in the aisle, which curves right around your knee. I also had a great view of a FA that sat in the galley jumpseat reading a book for about 80% of the flight (with lights on, of course).

My go to seat in this plane is 1D, but that is a matter of personal preference (I need the large foot well and bulkhead is wide, so it blocks the galley light - and alleviates privacy concerns.)

Kacee Oct 4, 2014 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by nikolastojsin (Post 23626822)
While Kacee is exactly right, I flew with my SO recently in 1K and 1L - and felt that 1A/1B pair would have been better (could have been the case of grass is greener). In 1K, you get the nice footwell, but you are sitting two feet from a closet that is constantly being used, and feel like you sitting in the aisle, which curves right around your knee. I also had a great view of a FA that sat in the galley jumpseat reading a book for about 80% of the flight (with lights on, of course).

My go to seat in this plane is 1D, but that is a matter of personal preference (I need the large foot well and bulkhead is wide, so it blocks the galley light - and alleviates privacy concerns.)

Okay, so it's 1A and 1L (and 1D if you like the middle) :D

SFO 1K Nov 5, 2014 2:05 am

If you could choose 1A or 1L, is one better? For example, I would think 1A sees more traffic during boarding, and potentially more crew noise due to the jump seat at door 1 Left. Also, is 1B reserved for assignment until day of departure? I've noticed it un-assignable on multiple seat maps.

Kacee Nov 5, 2014 10:05 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K (Post 23794384)
If you could choose 1A or 1L, is one better?

Not really. It depends on which side of the galley the FAs congregate to chat after meal service ;)

Germanfflyer Dec 4, 2014 3:58 am

767-400 BF which row

Hello,

I am looking at an empty BF seat map...which row would you recommend to have a quite ride and have space ?

Row 1 or better in the middle row 4?

Thank you for your input!

nikolastojsin Dec 4, 2014 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer (Post 23940305)
Hello,

I am looking at an empty BF seat map...which row would you recommend to have a quite ride and have space ?

Row 1 or better in the middle row 4?

Thank you for your input!

It depends on how much one cares about foot-well size. I am relatively tall (6'2"), size 12, so first row is a must. That means, if alone, 1D (bulkhead is pretty wide, so it shields from the light and the noise IMHO).

NYC Private Equity Feb 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Economy Plus Seats in a 764

Anyone fly in a row 16 economy plus seat (bulkhead) on a 764? Saw they are behind the F galley and in proximity of a bizfirst bathroom. Any other downsides? Would it make sense to switch to a regular Econ Plus? Thanks in advance.

schnitzer Feb 10, 2015 5:38 pm

so, I've got the chance to fly this bird for the very first time, surprised to see an airbag in my seat belt! is this a factory optional for just this bird? do other airlines have them too? I normally fly 747, 777.

wto605 Feb 11, 2015 9:38 am

Originally Posted by NYC Private Equity (Post 24326011)
Anyone fly in a row 16 economy plus seat (bulkhead) on a 764? Saw they are behind the F galley and in proximity of a bizfirst bathroom. Any other downsides? Would it make sense to switch to a regular Econ Plus? Thanks in advance.

I've flown it domestically... as bulkhead seats go the legroom is on the smaller side of standard.

Originally Posted by schnitzer (Post 24327179)
so, I've got the chance to fly this bird for the very first time, surprised to see an airbag in my seat belt! is this a factory optional for just this bird? do other airlines have them too? I normally fly 747, 777.

What seat were you in? It has been required safety equipment for the pmCO J seat as long as I can remember (and is thus equipped on all such seats). On other carries the use of airbags in Y has been extensive at bulkhead seats (and others that don't have the benefit of a seat in front) but I haven't seen any on UA.

schnitzer Feb 11, 2015 11:21 am

Originally Posted by wto605 (Post 24331212)
What seat were you in? It has been required safety equipment for the pmCO J seat as long as I can remember (and is thus equipped on all such seats). On other carries the use of airbags in Y has been extensive at bulkhead seats (and others that don't have the benefit of a seat in front) but I haven't seen any on UA.

I was sitting in 1A.. it looked like every J seat had an airbag. I didn't get to see the Y cabin tho.