FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

SFO 1K Nov 5, 15 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE (Post 25670309)
Anyone know from experience that can help me with this? Thanks in advance..

Meal choice is supposed to be prioritized so GS and 1K get their first choice, then front to back. So, the closer to the front you are, the better off you'll be. If the crew decides to ignore the GS/1K priority, then clearly, the closer to the front, the better.

cesco.g Nov 5, 15 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 25129957)
Now if only UA didn't play tricks and time the flight 10 minutes after the dinner cutoff time :rolleyes::mad: hehe

This issue should be resolved by now, e.g. 1 Nov. 15

FBWFTW Mar 16, 16 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy (Post 25075486)
I just had my first ride on the 767-400ER, in seat 1K. The light and noise from the galley was noticeable, even when the meal service was finished. While I appreciated the larger foot well, I think in the future I may go for a row further back.

And let's say I'm not impressed by the layout, especially the two lavs to the rear of the J cabin for use by 39 J pax plus crew.

So Seatguru was accurate in depicting no lavs at the FRONT of the plane? I booked row 6 based on the pictorial and I'm looking for some confirmation on the location of the lavs-are they only in the back or are there a set in front as well?

Also I've got some other questions re the BF cabin/service "domestically" speaking (EWR-HNL/HNL-EWR)

-Do you get the nice pillow and blanket that's shown in photos online or is that only an international thing? (It seems like it might be since domestic is a red headed stepchild)
-Is row 6 too far back to get meal choices? (Only option is to go up to 5-we've got the whole row)

-I understand can the BF IFE screens have an "iPod connect" feature. Out of curiosity, does that include movies that I have loaded on my current gen iPad/iPhone? Sure would be nice to plug in and put the phone/iPad down!

If there are any other tips anyone has for a first time BF(J/F whatever the code is) customer riding on the 764 for 11 hours back and forth from EWR-HNL please let me know!

-Is channel 9 still a thing? (Hope so!)

windhund Mar 16, 16 4:05 pm

Yes, Seatguru is accurate -- there are no lavs in the front of the BF cabin on the 764, only the rear.

FBWFTW Mar 16, 16 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by windhund (Post 26342567)
Yes, Seatguru is accurate -- there are no lavs in the front of the BF cabin on the 764, only the rear.

Thanks so much! Seatguru as I'm sure folks here know well isn't always the best.

764toHI Mar 16, 16 11:14 pm

Which door is typically used for boarding / deplaning? Assuming both door 1 and 2 - looking at FRA specifically.

SFO 1K Mar 17, 16 3:02 am

Originally Posted by 764toHI (Post 26344205)
Which door is typically used for boarding / deplaning? Assuming both door 1 and 2 - looking at FRA specifically.

Always been 2L when I've flown it. They are pretty protective of anyone heading north of Row 1.

kpatt13 May 10, 16 2:19 pm

Looking for information on recommended BF row 6 or row 7 on UA 767-400ER VCE-EWR or can you suggest the appropriate thread?
Thanks

Hartmann May 10, 16 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by kpatt13 (Post 26605030)
Looking for information on recommended BF row 6 or row 7 on UA 767-400ER VCE-EWR or can you suggest the appropriate thread?
Thanks

I would probably choose row 6. You'll be served from the rear galley (usually faster than the forward galley) but still further from the lavs.

bioyuki May 13, 16 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 25163013)
I recently was in 1L and had a similar impression. I felt the FAs could have done a better job of keeping the curtain closed. That said getting served first is pretty nice, as is the flat area on top of the monitors where you can place extra stuff during the flight (pillow, blanket, etc.)

Arg I'm in 1A for my entire itinerary except for 1L on the overnight segment where I want to sleep. Might have to sacrifice the larger footrest area and move back...

ipa123 May 17, 16 5:14 am

UA 767-400 - row 27 recline?

Hiya,
Does anyone know if row 27 on the UA 767-400 (economy seat, but last row in the E+ cabin) has limited recline?

I know seatguru suggests it does, but they always suggest that for all last rows. I like being able to recline without worrying who's behind, but equally don't want to be stuck in a seat with reduced recline for 10 hours.

I know 16 and 28 are the best E+ seats, but curious if anyone's sat in row 27 and can report on recline?

Cheers,

Kacee May 17, 16 8:31 am

Originally Posted by ipa123 (Post 26637586)
Hiya,
Does anyone know if row 27 on the UA 767-400 (economy seat, but last row in the E+ cabin) has limited recline?

Row 27 backs against the bulkhead right in front of the lavs. That's two reasons to avoid it . . . it will have limited recline and you'll have lav traffic and noises throughout the flight.

mediator Jun 19, 16 3:49 pm

Question, what is the best solo traveler in business class after all the D seats have been taken? If I pick the window seat, is it hard to step over my neighbor? The flight is a 9-hour red eye.

Kacee Jun 19, 16 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by mediator (Post 26801263)
Question, what is the best solo traveler in business class after all the D seats have been taken? If I pick the window seat, is it hard to step over my neighbor? The flight is a 9-hour red eye.

1A/B. The larger footwells outweigh the potential light/noise from the galley.

You have to stepover from the window. Whether it's a hassle depends on how tall and/or nimble you are.

mediator Jun 19, 16 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 26801287)
1A/B. The larger footwells outweigh the potential light/noise from the galley.

You have to stepover from the window. Whether it's a hassle depends on how tall and/or nimble you are.

Thanks. End up with 1A. I'm about 5'11 tall.