FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

Mbcijim10 Oct 13, 2013 5:35 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90 (Post 21559462)
So why is that a rolling of the eyes?

Typo sorry! I fixed it.

Kacee Oct 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Red-eye SFO-IAD on the 764. Currently I'm in 1L, based on footwell size and no lav traffic. Rows 6-7-8 also available (on the sides, not the middle). What do people think - stick with 1L?

love_to_travel Oct 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 21686171)
Red-eye SFO-IAD on the 764. Currently I'm in 1L, based on footwell size and no lav traffic. Rows 6-7-8 also available (on the sides, not the middle). What do people think - stick with 1L?

I'd stick with 1L for the footwell size. I have size 9 feet and the normal footwell size is tiny even for me. May I ask if you CPUed or RPUed?

Kacee Oct 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 21686190)
I'd stick with 1L for the footwell size. I have size 9 feet and the normal footwell size is tiny even for me. May I ask if you CPUed or RPUed?

I'm hoping the galley noise won't be too bad.

Z fare connecting to SJU. It looked like the CPU was going to be close.

FlytheTail Nov 9, 2013 9:43 am

Bulkhead biz seats

I just flew in seat 1L EWR-HNL and was quite disappointed. In is far too close to the galley and although there is a curtain, it was never closed more than 3/4 and was often less than 1/2 closed. There is a closet located next to seat 1K that was used very often and each time, the FA's backside was inches away from the passenger in seat 1K. Although the foot well size is much larger, I will now avoid these bulkhead biz seats because of the constant galley activity, talking among FAs, etc.

The seat is quite short in the lie-flat position. I'm 6' and my head was nearly touching the end and when laying on my back, my feet were touching the end of the foot well. So, a smaller footwell size really won't make much of a difference to me.

Service on this flight was the worst I've ever experienced on UA, in fact it was non-existent for half of the flight.

COLifetimeFlyer Nov 20, 2013 2:31 am

Flying BRU-EWR in J and need to get off the plane quickly when we arrive at EWR...

Anybody know whether at EWR the jetway comes to 1L (at front of BF cabin) or 2L (at rear of BF cabin, front of E+) door on 767-400? Trying to choose between 2A or 7/8A. Thanks!

anc-ord772 Nov 20, 2013 8:44 am

Originally Posted by FlytheTail (Post 21755367)
I just flew in seat 1L EWR-HNL and was quite disappointed. In is far too close to the galley and although there is a curtain, it was never closed more than 3/4 and was often less than 1/2 closed. There is a closet located next to seat 1K that was used very often and each time, the FA's backside was inches away from the passenger in seat 1K.

Yeah, same-ish experience last time I was in 1L. I'm giving 1D a try because it's set farther back.

Originally Posted by FlytheTail (Post 21755367)
IThe seat is quite short in the lie-flat position. I'm 6' and my head was nearly touching the end and when laying on my back, my feet were touching the end of the foot well. So, a smaller footwell size really won't make much of a difference to me.

I think the 764 flatbeds are the shortest in the fleet. Not really excited about my FRA-IAH coming up next week.

COEWR2587 Nov 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by COLifetimeFlyer (Post 21818386)
Flying BRU-EWR in J and need to get off the plane quickly when we arrive at EWR...

Anybody know whether at EWR the jetway comes to 1L (at front of BF cabin) or 2L (at rear of BF cabin, front of E+) door on 767-400? Trying to choose between 2A or 7/8A. Thanks!

At EWR, you have a very good chance for a 764 an, 777 & 757 it will be 2L. One time on 757 it was 1L but any other time on a plane with 2L we used it.

salesna Nov 23, 2013 11:04 am

Bassinet on 764

My family is flying from MUC to IAD in March, and the PMUA 777 that was on this route at booking has just been replaced with a PMCO 764. We're flying with our 2.5 year old (who will be sitting in a car seat in her own seat) and our 6 month old (who will be a lap child and who will also be using a bassinet).

I understand that the bassinet rows on the 764 are 16 and 28. Any thoughts on which is preferable? How's the legroom? Any blocked windows? Are the seats wide enough to accommodate our Britax Marathon car seat? Should I reroute through FRA to get on a PMUA 777?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

spaceman Nov 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Question on the 764 BF seats - are they approved for under seat (at your feet) storage during takeoff and landing?

Kacee Nov 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by spaceman (Post 21841387)
Question on the 764 BF seats - are they approved for under seat (at your feet) storage during takeoff and landing?

No. I don't believe any UA BF seat is technically approved for underseat stowage.

adambrau Nov 23, 2013 8:15 pm

While I haven't been paying attention to all the conversions going on, I do know that on every pmCO aircraft I have been on that has the lie-flat seats, I have been able to store my small bag (not rolly) under the foot rest. Never the case on a traditional pmUA aircraft (763, 7777, 747) where all has to go in the overhead bins.

Kacee Nov 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by adambrau (Post 21841910)
While I haven't been paying attention to all the conversions going on, I do know that on every pmCO aircraft I have been on that has the lie-flat seats, I have been able to store my small bag (not rolly) under the foot rest. Never the case on a traditional pmUA aircraft (763, 7777, 747) where all has to go in the overhead bins.

Understood, but the question was whether it's "approved." I don't believe that space is technically "approved" for stowage (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

salesna Nov 28, 2013 7:35 am

Originally Posted by salesna (Post 21839111)
My family is flying from MUC to IAD in March, and the PMUA 777 that was on this route at booking has just been replaced with a PMCO 764. We're flying with our 2.5 year old (who will be sitting in a car seat in her own seat) and our 6 month old (who will be a lap child and who will also be using a bassinet).

I understand that the bassinet rows on the 764 are 16 and 28. Any thoughts on which is preferable? How's the legroom? Any blocked windows? Are the seats wide enough to accommodate our Britax Marathon car seat? Should I reroute through FRA to get on a PMUA 777?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Anyone?

anc-ord772 Nov 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by anc-ord772 (Post 21819781)
Yeah, same-ish experience last time I was in 1L. I'm giving 1D a try because it's set farther back.

I think the 764 flatbeds are the shortest in the fleet. Not really excited about my FRA-IAH coming up next week.

Well, flew in 1D. The seat feels narrow, but oddly not as short as I thought. The top of the IFE was used as the snack area, but I slept most if the way and didn't notice until I saw it myself. Honestly, it made it easy to get a snack since I didn't have to get up.

Would I fly it again, maybe, but I think window seats provide a better place to prop up your arm when sleeping. Also, it's really easy for drinks to be tipped over as traffic moves through the noticeably narrow aisles. One must keep alert. I finally used the cup holder by the mesh pocket behind and to the right.