FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

drewguy May 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 21883869)
This thread is surprisingly light on information about seats in Y. Bizarrely light.

Please to rank the following sets of seats:

- 16ABKL
- 16DEF
- 28AL
- 26BK
- 26DEF

This depends on personal preference to some degree. I was on a recent flight in 17L and made the following observations.

All row 16 seats are bulkhead with same legroom. I would say you have more knee room than you would in other rows, but you can't slide feet under seat in front (of course), so that may make it feel less roomy. There's a fair degree of galley noise in Row 16 and 17.

Row 28 DEF appears to be the same as Row 16DEF in terms of distance from seat to bulkhead.

Row 28AL are "window" seats with a modest slide protrusion-maybe 6 inches. The legroom is still decent even with that, and you could angle your legs. The seats are near the lavs, so there's that as a drawback.

Row 28BK are aisle seats with nearly infinite legroom because of exit row, although infinity can be cut short by people waiting for lav.

One other note on Row 16AL and 17AL - both have a window gap, meaning that there's only one window instead of two, towards the front of the seat area. The rear is just wall, which means if you lean your head against the wall while sleeping you may prefer it as compared to having a window.

brian51974 May 22, 2014 11:25 pm

Hey all, on the 764's , specifically flight 73 SFO-HNL, do they board/deboard at the 2nd door (closer to the wing) behind row 8 or at the front door 1?

Thanks!

JOSECONLSCREW28 May 22, 2014 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by brian51974 (Post 22910962)
Hey all, on the 764's , specifically flight 73 SFO-HNL, do they board/deboard at the 2nd door (closer to the wing) behind row 8 or at the front door 1?

Thanks!

Depending on the gate in both SFO & HNL it will either be 2L or both 1L & 2L.

-Star- Jun 2, 2014 11:03 am

Personal video screens in rows 16/28?

Hi all - My husband and I will be flying on the UA15 EWR-HNL in a few months. Just wondering if there are personal video screens for Seats 16AB/16KL and Seats 28AB/28KL? (Still trying to figure out which row is best)

From the pictures and YouTube videos, it kind of looks like there is only one video screen for both seats, rather than two seperate video screens?

drewguy Jun 2, 2014 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by -Star- (Post 22965280)
Hi all - My husband and I will be flying on the UA15 EWR-HNL in a few months. Just wondering if there are personal video screens for Seats 16AB/16KL and Seats 28AB/28KL? (Still trying to figure out which row is best)

From the pictures and YouTube videos, it kind of looks like there is only one video screen for both seats, rather than two seperate video screens?

Individual, in armrest (or unfolds up from).

-Star- Jun 2, 2014 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 22965635)
Individual, in armrest (or unfolds up from).

Thank you!

eng3 Jun 4, 2014 9:24 am

How does the 764 BF seat compare to the 772 pmCO seat for an intl flight? Are they pretty much the same? I seem to recall reading a thread either praising the 764 or saying to avoid it. Search hasn't been too helpful since it wont accept 3 letter words

kirkwoodj Jun 4, 2014 11:30 am

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 22976876)
How does the 764 BF seat compare to the 772 pmCO seat for an intl flight? Are they pretty much the same? I seem to recall reading a thread either praising the 764 or saying to avoid it. Search hasn't been too helpful since it wont accept 3 letter words

Pretty much the same.

Kacee Jun 4, 2014 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 22976876)

Same basic seat but narrower and much shorter. Footwells are a real problem in non-bulkhead seats.

SeaRaptor Jun 4, 2014 2:36 pm

I love the 764s in BF, but the more I fly them, the more I notice the width and length differences versus the 772s (in the pmCO BF seat). I am 6' 1" and primarily a side sleeper, and they can be a little cramped. I sleep okay, just not as good as the bulkhead seats on the 772s.

eng3 Jun 4, 2014 5:12 pm

I thought the bulkhead just gave you more width (at the feet). Does it give you more length as well? I always try to get the bulkhead on the pmco BF seats anyways

Kacee Jun 4, 2014 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 22979583)
I thought the bulkhead just gave you more width (at the feet). Does it give you more length as well? I always try to get the bulkhead on the pmco BF seats anyways

No one said the bulkhead seats are longer. However, the larger footwell is equivalent to a longer seat.

mgcsinc Jun 4, 2014 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22979949)
No one said the bulkhead seats are longer. However, the larger footwell is equivalent to a longer seat.

Indeed. Well, unless you're a pointy mermaid.

1Konsultant Jun 24, 2014 12:10 am

Originally Posted by anc-ord772 (Post 21872179)
Well, flew in 1D. The seat feels narrow, but oddly not as short as I thought. The top of the IFE was used as the snack area, but I slept most if the way and didn't notice until I saw it myself. Honestly, it made it easy to get a snack since I didn't have to get up.

Would I fly it again, maybe, but I think window seats provide a better place to prop up your arm when sleeping. Also, it's really easy for drinks to be tipped over as traffic moves through the noticeably narrow aisles. One must keep alert. I finally used the cup holder by the mesh pocket behind and to the right.

I'm booked in 1A for IAD-ZRH bc row 1 is supposed to have the most space, but I'm worried about the noise from the galley given this an overnight flight (i.e., the chatter from the FAs or the clanging from the prep). Any thoughts?

RJ1 Jul 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Next month I am travelling IAH-MUC-IAH in BF on a 767-400. Since this is from IAH, would this be pmCO?

We have seats 4A,B and 3A,B.