FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

Boo_Radley Jul 14, 14 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by RJ1 (Post 23196140)
Next month I am travelling IAH-MUC-IAH in BF on a 767-400. Since this is from IAH, would this be pmCO?

We have seats 4A,B and 3A,B.

Yes. There is only one 764 config, and it is pmCO.

eng3 Aug 12, 14 4:35 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the plane. Seats are shorter I think. I sit in the first row to get the bigger foot hole, but since I'm a window guy, I think I may lose something from the curvature of the plane in the front. You also get some more noise and light from the galley. The middle front seat doesnt seem to have any advantage as far as I can tell. I still can't get a decent night sleep in the lie flats.

Also, there are no individual vents. For some reason, I'm always either sweating or too cold. I'd rather it be too cold (since I can just put on a blanket). There's nothing like sweating through your shirt and knowing you are stuck there for the next 6hours

ellienyc Aug 14, 14 4:12 pm

Economy Footrests on UA's 767-400ER to Europe

I apologize if this has been raised before,but cannot find info on UA site or elsewhere. Anyone know if there are footrests in regular coach on this aircraft. Will carry my own portable one if not, but don't want to lug it around unless necessary.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Aug 14, 14 4:15 pm

No footrests. And you can't claim your significant other as carry-on :)

ellienyc Aug 14, 14 4:28 pm

Thanks for that. Figured as much, but thought I ought to check

FlytheTail Aug 14, 14 4:58 pm

Not sure there would be any room for your own footrest. If so, both your feet and the footrest would have to be very small.

Does any airline offer footrests in coach (not including premium economy)? I've never flown on one.

LongingForORD Aug 14, 14 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail (Post 23365316)
Does any airline offer footrests in coach (not including premium economy)? I've never flown on one.

Singapore Air does offer foot rests in Y. Very nice for us short people.

uastarflyer Aug 14, 14 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by ellienyc (Post 23365061)
Will carry my own portable one if not, but don't want to lug it around unless necessary.

Do you have suggested one? a link to such a product?

Kacee Aug 14, 14 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by LongingForORD (Post 23365532)
Singapore Air does offer foot rests in Y. Very nice for us short people.

OZ as well. At least on the new 380.

eng3 Aug 14, 14 6:11 pm

Well, you'll probably be forced to stuff your carryon under the seat so I guess that can serve as the foot rest

tonykline1947 Aug 14, 14 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail (Post 23365316)
Not sure there would be any room for your own footrest. If so, both your feet and the footrest would have to be very small.

Qatar on A32o

azzurro Aug 14, 14 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 23365646)
Well, you'll probably be forced to stuff your carryon under the seat so I guess that can serve as the foot rest

I always use my carry on as a footrest!!!

eflyte Sep 8, 14 4:50 pm

In my first D seat in BF. Hate, hate, hate it. It's the opposite of privacy IMHO, I feel every person and cart that passes. Almost had a shawl knock a glass of champaign into my lap. Give me a seat mate any time - 1A now officially and forever my favorite seat on the plane.

RJ1 Sep 8, 14 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by eflyte (Post 23495240)
In my first D seat in BF. Hate, hate, hate it. It's the opposite of privacy IMHO, I feel every person and cart that passes. Almost had a shawl knock a glass of champaign into my lap. Give me a seat mate any time - 1A now officially and forever my favorite seat on the plane.

I was just on the 764, and while I didn't have a D seat, I tend to agree with you that sitting in those seats would be like being "on display".

Kacee Sep 8, 14 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by eflyte (Post 23495240)

I didn't like it either. I found the aisle traffic super annoying and can't imagine sleeping in it on a long-haul.

One of the biggest YMMV seats in the fleet though, as there are members here who really like it.