FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

Kacee Jun 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by mediator (Post 26801302)
End up with 1A. I'm about 5'11 tall.

That's your best choice then.

747FC Jun 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 26801287)
1A/B. The larger footwells outweigh the potential light/noise from the galley.

Feel the same way about 1D? Thanks.

Kacee Jun 19, 2016 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC (Post 26801996)
Feel the same way about 1D? Thanks.

I don't like the singles due to aisle traffic on both sides but that's a personal preference. Some people prefer them.

As a bulkhead, 1D will have a larger footwell and that's really critical for an overnight on this aircraft. The seats are otherwise very short.

televisor Jul 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Not particularly important, and perhaps a rather ridiculous question: do the 767-400s all have no individual air vents?

My last 767-400 flight definitely didn't have any vents in Y, I think I remember not having one the previous flight too (but my memory is more hazy on that). I don't think I can remember any other UA aircraft without vents (I'm pretty sure I had them on a 2-class 763, admittedly I've not been on any UA 777 or 747s yet).

kimChee Oct 7, 2016 5:47 am

Had the misfortune of flying this plane in 5K HNL-EWR, first time on united metal in about 5 years.

That foot well was torture. Unable to sleep, no comfort in any position.
If I were couple inches shorter maybe would be OK ( I'm 5'11). With the taper, room for only 1 foot. They need some memory form or padding on the hard plastic and metal. It was painful and uncomfortable.

Would never choose to fly this again. Would rather do DL via ATL or AA via DFW, even the old AA 763 slant flat is superior to this.

On a positive note, the food was pretty good. But no menu. No description of anything. DL not only has menu, but gives you (tumi) amenity kit on this domestic route....

thejaredhuang Oct 7, 2016 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by kimChee (Post 27314964)
But no menu. No description of anything. DL not only has menu, but gives you (tumi) amenity kit on this domestic route....

Its because this is considered a regular domestic F flight even though its just as long as any TATL flight. It's the same menu and service as any domestic flight over 2.5 hours

Kacee Oct 7, 2016 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang (Post 27317442)
It's the same menu and service as any domestic flight over 2.5 hours

It's not the same menu/meal service, it's in its own category (along with IAD-HNL and ORD-HNL), but it is domestic non-ps service, which means no printed menu. Domestic F Dining.

ClipperJon Oct 7, 2016 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by kimChee (Post 27314964)
Had the misfortune of flying this plane in 5K HNL-EWR, first time on united metal in about 5 years.

That foot well was torture. Unable to sleep, no comfort in any position.
If I were couple inches shorter maybe would be OK ( I'm 5'11). With the taper, room for only 1 foot. They need some memory form or padding on the hard plastic and metal. It was painful and uncomfortable.

Would never choose to fly this again. Would rather do DL via ATL or AA via DFW, even the old AA 763 slant flat is superior to this.

On a positive note, the food was pretty good. But no menu. No description of anything. DL not only has menu, but gives you (tumi) amenity kit on this domestic route....

My flight attendants on both UA 144 and UA 145 were thoughtful enough to describe both the breakfast and dinner options to me. The female f/a were nicer than their male counterparts, which had an inordinate amount of attitude. I am 6'2" and was able to sleep on my side in 7L and 3A. That said, I prefer Delta's 767 first class configuration, 1-2-1.

Exleftseat Oct 17, 2016 12:02 pm

Looking for eeeeextra legroom and chose exit row 28 a/b. Very concerned about the
toilet traffic. Equipment shows as 767-400 ER,, so hopefully I am looking at the
correct map. Is legroom "endless" or will my feet hit the toilet enclosure? Maybe I
am better off with a regular E+ seat?

laughinlab2001 Nov 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Where to sit 767-400

I just booked my first trip for 2017 in business class (D) on United (UA 962 EWR-TXL) and it shows the 2-1-2 configuration for rows 1-6 on 764. Recognizing its more speculation than science at this point, any advice on whether the middle seat is more desirable than any others?

Interestingly enough, the return flight (UA 929 LHR-ORD) is also designated as Polaris business (D) in my reservation notes but the physical configuration is the traditional 3-classes of service.

747FC Nov 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by laughinlab2001 (Post 27490230)
I just booked my first trip for 2017 in business class (D) on United (UA 962 EWR-TXL) and it shows the 2-1-2 configuration for rows 1-6 on 764. Recognizing its more speculation than science at this point, any advice on whether the middle seat is more desirable than any others?

Flying as a single and don't care about a window? IMHO, middle isle is great. Some, however, don't like having people passing by on both sides.

FlyHighInTheSky Dec 20, 2016 8:37 am

Are there air vents in J on this bird? I can't recall.

airlinemileswhore Mar 29, 2017 1:54 pm

Seating Question 767-400????

Tried doing a search and can't find the thread on where to sit on a 767-400 so I thought I would ask. Originally has business seats 3A&3B but United has just switched them. Are 8A&8B bad seats? Is there much noise from the galley behind them? Called United to switch them back which they said they did but they haven't changed back on the reservation. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

PsiFighter37 Mar 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by airlinemileswhore (Post 28103332)
Tried doing a search and can't find the thread on where to sit on a 767-400 so I thought I would ask. Originally has business seats 3A&3B but United has just switched them. Are 8A&8B bad seats? Is there much noise from the galley behind them? Called United to switch them back which they said they did but they haven't changed back on the reservation. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

The bathrooms are also back there. I prefer the middle/front of the cabin on these birds.

airlinemileswhore Mar 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 28103450)
The bathrooms are also back there. I prefer the middle/front of the cabin on these birds.

Well unfortunately, United doesn't want to move me back to my original seats so I guess I am stuck. At least it's a night time flight so hopefully not much traffic while sleeping.