Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

200 UA passengers stranded for three days in PVG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

200 UA passengers stranded for three days in PVG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pigx5
Indeed and most amazing thing is that their aircraft looks clean, cleaner than
pmCO's fleet.......
Hmmm...let's just say my local 'long in the tooth' Dennys is cleaner than the DL 757 I was on a couple months back.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

3-Day Delay in Shanghai Departure Typifies United's Quarter

Ted Reed writes about UA's second quarter:

http://business-news.thestreet.com/s...s-morning-news
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I met one of the pilots from the flight in question last night, and he filled me in some details:

-one engine part had to be flown in from EWR (24 hours)
-since this didn't solve the problem, a second was brought up from HK (10 hours)
-crew went overtime
-UA DID accommodate (the smart) pax on other flights
-there was a small protest in the gate area of the day 2 flight that prevented people from being rebooked on it

The pilot in question didn't want to be mentioned on FT (and, he honestly doesn't deserve any personal blame), but I'm posting anyway (without naming him) for the benefit of you guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.