Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (and returning) routes! SFO-TPE, SFO-CDG, ORD-MTY, IAD-SAL, others

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New (and returning) routes! SFO-TPE, SFO-CDG, ORD-MTY, IAD-SAL, others

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
FYI

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone, wanted to provide a quick update on this. As you have seen, the new start date for DEN-NRT is May 12. Because of the pull-down in 787 flying, we're also making a few other schedule adjustments:

• We'll fly 777s instead of 787s on LAX-NRT, LAX-PVG, and IAH-LOS
  • The start date of SFO-CDG will change to April 26
  • The start date of nonstop SFO-TPE will change to June 6

Hi EmailKid, that's correct. The current plan is for the new start date for DEN-NRT to be reflected in the schedules by February 23.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
my bolding of the start date changes
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
SFO-CDG nonstop delayed to Apr 26

Looks like the April 11 start for the nonstop SFO-CDG flight has been move to April 26. I was rebooked via EWR but maintained upgrade luckily.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
correct, as report last week by UA Insider (787 issue related)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20292038-post262.html
and linked in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...al-others.html
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Looks like SFO-TPE will be delayed until March 2014:
http://airlineroute.net/2013/04/01/ua-sfotpe-s14/

Also being discussed here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...cts-fares.html

Last edited by SFOPhD; Apr 3, 2013 at 12:13 am Reason: Added FT link to other thread
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
As noted last year by LarkSFO, if you are looking for another *A option to Northern Europe, SAS has just launched SFO-CPH service.

The SK regulars do not appear to be too keen on the 170-degree angled business class seats, though honestly that doesn't sound any worse than the current LH product which is slowly being retrofitted with lie-flat.

With the new SK service, I see no chance of a UA nonstop from SFO to Scandinavia. But at least we'll have better connections to SAS intra-Europe flights...
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
UA offering bonus miles for flying SFO-TPE. 100% in United First & United Business, as well as 50% for select United Economy tickets (a.k.a. the most expensive fare classes)

Enjoy the convenience of our new nonstop flight between San Francisco and Taipei and earn bonus award miles. Earn 100% more MileagePlus miles on roundtrip flights in United First, United Business or full-fare United Economy® (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y and B fare classes), or 50% more miles in discounted United Economy (M, E, U and H fare classes).

Simply register and book between November 15, 2013, and June 20, 2014, then complete your travel between March 29, 2014, and June 20, 2014.

Register here:

IMHO, it would have been nice if they'd have included W/V/Q fares. Checked a couple dates in July for USA>TPE and prices were $1500++ (and that was for an S or L fare...)
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
UA offering bonus miles for flying SFO-TPE. 100% in United First & United Business, as well as 50% for select United Economy tickets (a.k.a. the most expensive fare classes)

Register here:

IMHO, it would have been nice if they'd have included W/V/Q fares. Checked a couple dates in July for USA>TPE and prices were $1500++ (and that was for an S or L fare...)
As you know, summer (mid-May-early September) and the last 2 weeks of December are the highest season as all the students in North America go back for vacation. The fares are reasonable the rest of the year, it seems. I hope the route does well and they don't suspend it again...
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Register here:

On the TPE-SFO flight late this coming week!
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1st flight 29 MAR is delayed 40 minutes already and the Y->C upgrade list has 22 people with 6 cleared. It seems many are nonrevs as they are also on the F WL. Y has 2 empty seats.

It looks like tomorrow's flight (2nd flight) is booked decently and Y -> C upgrade is pretty competitive... C shows booked full on Flight Status and already 7 people on the WL.

So, maybe it won't be an easy-upgrade route...

Last edited by username; Mar 29, 2014 at 3:32 pm
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Earn 100% more MileagePlus miles on roundtrip flights in.....
10. Roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city. Open jaw and circle trip itineraries do not qualify for this offer.
Why? I happen to have a trip with return city different from the original destination SFO. The SFO-TPE is not available on the day I'm to return so I cannot route through SFO and take advantage of the bonus miles offer. Too bad.
Old May 3, 2014, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to this (in Chinese): http://www.chinatimes.com/newspapers...4000038-260202 that the GM for Sales at United TPE said the load factor for 871/872 April reached 90%. So, I guess it is good news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.