Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (and returning) routes! SFO-TPE, SFO-CDG, ORD-MTY, IAD-SAL, others

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New (and returning) routes! SFO-TPE, SFO-CDG, ORD-MTY, IAD-SAL, others

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by username
Doea anyone know when the first flight will be (Apr ?? 2013)?

The best part is one can get up a little later on both ends for this flight!

Thanks.
4/9/13 SFO-TPE
4/11/13 TPE-SFO

The best part is not to have to connect at NRT,
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
4/9/13 SFO-TPE
4/11/13 TPE-SFO

I look forward to not connecting in NRT, but until April, I am going to be in a tough place given the capacity reduction by UA.

UA NRT-TPE is always full. No airplane? Comon' they must have something.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by beekatt
I look forward to not connecting in NRT, but until April, I am going to be in a tough place given the capacity reduction by UA.

UA NRT-TPE is always full. No airplane? Comon' they must have something.
UA is happy for NH to take UA passengers because of the agreement to share profit. To them this is better than just fill the FC and BC cabins with the large number of FAs with home in Taipei (the UA TPE based FAs in the 1990s) and now stationed at NRT, plus all the CPUs.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
As United's best SFO-CDG customer (just kidding!!!), I agree, a later return would be great. Anything earlier than an 11am departure requires an extremely-early getaway from Paris due to the madness that is CDG. 1pm would be very civilized; you could catch the 9am AF bus out of town and have plenty of time.

For those of us who can't afford to fly C or better, there is a disadvantage to the direct flight; you're spending the entire time in Y, while SFO-IAD-CDG allows you to spend 20k miles and nearly half your flight is in C or domestic F.

Another potential downside is that this is an indication that United sees higher fares in the future. AF and Delta had fairly-attractive SFO-CDG fares in the past, which might have kept United out of the market. I doubt I'll ever see a return to the $889 all/in July tickets I got three years ago. $1400 has been a traditionally-decent fare, and I've paid up to $1850. In Y, of course.
OK, I confess I'm too old to fly coach, so I use my $$ in my old age and pay for C-type fares. But I do look for decent value. Compare the currently available fares between AF and UA, at least on the internet right now. A round trip fare exists on AF's 777 for $5,280. I imaging it is a Z type fare with $400 penalties for change and such. Both carriers are non-stop and leave about one hour from each other on each leg.

All UA has is a $7,400 RT fare---a "D" fare which has restrictions and penalties similar to AF's. So I say, what the?? Additionally, no UA Y-type fares are allowed for upgrade at booking now. UA is running a 767-300, 6 seats across. The 772 on AF is 7 seats across.

So why is UA $2,000 more than the competition? I'm probably going to book the DL codeshare in a month or so if nothing budges. Anyone figure this one out?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FullFare
So why is UA $2,000 more than the competition? I'm probably going to book the DL codeshare in a month or so if nothing budges. Anyone figure this one out?
The UA seat is a true flat bed, rather than an angled lie-flat seat. The UA configuration also has no middle seats.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
4/9/13 SFO-TPE
4/11/13 TPE-SFO

Now that the revenue space is active and bonus miles promo'ed, any ideas when award space will be loaded?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by vkng
IAD-SAL has me excited. I go there about twice a year and it's nice to have additional options.
Yay!!! Another cool place to add to my bucket list
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: UA
Is UA dropping SFO/TPE in NOV?

This is odd. I know UA is allegedly starting the SFO/TPE route in April. Though, I'm trying to book flights to TPE for Nov., and I don't see any SFO/TPE flights. I'm being routed to NRT again and then NRT/TPE on NH. I currently have a reservation for SFO to TPE in May, and that reservation is still showing confirmed. I would think that UA would have loaded rev seats on to the system for Nov already by now.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by nycua1k
This is odd. I know UA is allegedly starting the SFO/TPE route in April. Though, I'm trying to book flights to TPE for Nov., and I don't see any SFO/TPE flights. I'm being routed to NRT again and then NRT/TPE on NH. I currently have a reservation for SFO to TPE in May, and that reservation is still showing confirmed. I would think that UA would have loaded rev seats on to the system for Nov already by now.
On what day? I do a random booking on 11/4 and 11/13. UA871/872 are there operated by 747.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by mckerrow
On what day? I do a random booking on 11/4 and 11/13. UA871/872 are there operated by 747.
I checked Nov. 27. It might be sold out then.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by nycua1k
I checked Nov. 27. It might be sold out then.
Holiday suspension. 871 won't operate Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday that week (26-28 November)......................
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Holiday suspension. 871 won't operate Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday that week (26-28 November)......................
Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by 14940674
The UA seat is a true flat bed, rather than an angled lie-flat seat. The UA configuration also has no middle seats.
You do realize that DL's business class seats on its B777/B747 are also lie-flat and all seats with direct aisle access unlike the UA configuration 2-4-2 (2 middle seats), right?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pigx5
You do realize that DL's business class seats on its B777/B747 are also lie-flat and all seats with direct aisle access unlike the UA configuration 2-4-2 (2 middle seats), right?
We were discussing AF's business class product, not DL's offering.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Ooh! ORD-MTY in an RJ!

I cannot imagine flying from ORD to Monterey Mexico in an RJ! Gimme a break!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.