FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   [NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1364187-now-expired-sq-releasing-almost-all-f-award-o.html)

legalalien Jul 8, 2012 8:03 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 18890427)
I called UA and asked for the Singapore Airlines confirmation number, which they gave me. But when I enter it on the www.singaporeair.com website along with my last name, I keep getting this error:

No match found for the entered SQ booking reference and last name.

So I called UA again, but they gave me the same Singapore Airlines confirmation number they gave me the first time, and it still doesn't work.

Should I just give it some time?

Try mobile site at http://mobile.singaporeair.com. It worked for me when full site did not.

love_to_travel Jul 8, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks legalalien. I tried it on the mobile site but it still doesn't work. I get the following error:

We are unable to find this confirmation number. Please validate your entry and try again or contact us for further information. (8104)

I wonder if this means it hasn't really ticketed yet. I shouldn't contact SQ should I? At least not today right?

apk123 Jul 8, 2012 8:12 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 18890453)
Thanks legalalien. I tried it on the mobile site but it still doesn't work. I get the following error:

We are unable to find this confirmation number. Please validate your entry and try again or contact us for further information. (8104)

I wonder if this means it hasn't really ticketed yet. I shouldn't contact SQ should I? At least not today right?

I called United and got an SQ PNR but didn't work for me either on SQ's websites.

synd Jul 8, 2012 8:13 am

which version of the mobile site are you using?
tried global, us, and france and when i click on my trips i get an error loading the page. :(

sq is aware of the issue as mentioned by the other poster, so no problem in calling imo.

just need to get a printout of the sq flights on the sq website . i have checkmytrip and us so far.

Originally Posted by apk123 (Post 18890468)
I called United and got an SQ PNR but didn't work for me either on SQ's websites.

SQ website is not loading any pnr right now, even a revenue ticketed one i have, so don't worry about that too much.

nevansm Jul 8, 2012 8:13 am

Originally Posted by legalalien (Post 18890437)
Try mobile site at http://mobile.singaporeair.com. It worked for me when full site did not.

I was able to pull it up on this site but unable to select seats... It's a waiting game now.

NA-Flyer Jul 8, 2012 8:13 am

I issued two tickets using US miles to fly SQ first class from Europe to SIN and both tickets were issued on the spot and I easily found the bookings on SQ website confirmed :D

legalalien Jul 8, 2012 8:17 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 18890453)

Has it been ticketed by UA? That is, do you see ticket numbers when you pull up your reservation on united.com?

amolkold Jul 8, 2012 8:20 am

Wait wait wait ... has anyone told Macabus about this deal yet?! :p

I hope SQ has the Dom ready for the flood of FTers about to set up camp in their F cabins.

apk123 Jul 8, 2012 8:20 am

Originally Posted by legalalien (Post 18890484)
Has it been ticketed by UA? That is, do you see ticket numbers when you pull up your reservation on united.com?

For me it got ticketed. Do you mind trying again to pull up your reservation?

UAL1200 Jul 8, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks for the news flash!

I was able to grab:

IND-CLT-SFO in US F
SFO-HKG-SFO in SQ F
SFO-CLE-IND in UA F (CLE-IND is in Y)

Not great compared to others here, but a nice opportunity to try SQ F. The trip was ticketed in less than an hour and got a SQ PNR. However, the PNR does not work on the SQ's website nor their mobile site.

love_to_travel Jul 8, 2012 8:32 am

Originally Posted by legalalien (Post 18890484)

I'm not sure where to find ticket numbers on united.com, but I can see the eTicket number in the MileagePlus eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation e-mail that United sent me. It starts with 016. That means it's ticketed on the United side, but does it also mean that it is ticketed on the Singapore side?

legalalien Jul 8, 2012 8:32 am

Originally Posted by nevansm (Post 18890472)
I was able to pull it up on this site but unable to select seats... It's a waiting game now.

It's entirely possible that SQ's new system isn't working properly just yet.

as219 Jul 8, 2012 8:34 am

This is killing me.

We have an award itin JFK-LHR-BKK-HAN and vv, but I'm seeing JFK-SFO-SIN-BKK-HAN on our dates with SQ F for the transpacs. I'd make the change, but if SQ reneges, we'll certainly lose our VS C segments, and who knows what UA will stick me with (if anything).

Argh! I think I'm going to have to sit this one out. :(

legalalien Jul 8, 2012 8:34 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 18890541)
I'm not sure where to find ticket numbers on united.com, but I can see the eTicket number in the MileagePlus eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation e-mail that United sent me. It starts with 016. That means it's ticketed on the United side, but does it also mean that it is ticketed on the Singapore side?

I assume it wouldn't get ticketed by UA if SQ did not confirm, but I'll defer to more experienced FTers.

love_to_travel Jul 8, 2012 8:35 am

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 18890493)
I hope SQ has the Dom ready for the flood of FTers about to set up camp in their F cabins.

I'm not a big drinker, so I've never had Dom Pérignon before. If I really do have an F ticket on SQ, I think 30,000 feet in the air would be a good place for my first sip :)

legalalien Jul 8, 2012 8:37 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 18890553)
I'm not a big drinker, so I've never had Dom Pérignon before. If I really do have an F ticket on SQ, I think 30,000 feet in the air would be a good place for my first sip :)

Personally, I would not want to wait that long, and would ask for a pre-departure beverage. :cool:

izzik Jul 8, 2012 8:38 am

Originally Posted by uapremier (Post 18888239)
Yeah- Thanks. Lucky at Boardingarea.com didn't even have the decency to cite me as the source. Unbelievable, wrong and totally uncool.

Of course not cool at all. Are you surprised? I'm sure he'll thank you later for the web traffic.

ingy Jul 8, 2012 8:43 am

Lucky Hat Tipped

Originally Posted by izzik (Post 18890565)
Of course not cool at all. Are you surprised? I'm sure he'll thank you later for the web traffic.

The reader that told him about it.

love_to_travel Jul 8, 2012 8:45 am

Found this video on YouTube. Although the seats do look very wide, they don't look long enough to sleep comfortably in. Maybe it's just an optical illusion.

nachosdelux Jul 8, 2012 8:45 am

ticketed 2 seats SFO-SIN and back in Jan (77W in F).

cruisr Jul 8, 2012 8:52 am

Stupid question

We have F on SQ from MUC to SIN and J from EWR to MUC. We did the 70k level and it said that F cabin was not available. We have the F rate deducted so is it possible to WL for F? Its on LH. Would I have to check every day to force the seat in F?

Thanks. Looks like we are going for New Years Eve. Funny thing is I was just looking last night for Shanghai for New years eve but SIN is warmer..

dsquared37 Jul 8, 2012 8:53 am

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 18890493)
Wait wait wait ... has anyone told Macabus about this deal yet?! :p

They can have the Dom, I'll take 20 hrs of Krug thank you very much. ;)

andrewket Jul 8, 2012 9:01 am

I must be doing something wrong. I started looking at this last night around midnight and then again today. I can't find SQ F A380 seats. 777 no problem. I'm open on destination...

I end up with mixed cabin tins. F on UA metal, biz or coach on SQ.

A

cruisr Jul 8, 2012 9:01 am

Dreaded up to 24 hours to confirm

I got the message that all segments can not be confirmed and it may take up to 24 hours. I called 1k line and she saw LH record locates but not SQ. she said it could take up to 24 hours. I asked if she did the booking would that be the same scenario and she said yes. Should I worry?

iexaltu Jul 8, 2012 9:02 am

I was able to snag HKT-BKK-SIN-EWR for next week. I hope it sticks or I'll be stranded in Asia:eek:
Additionally, I was able to get JFK-FRA-SIN-AKL-NAN in November. The agents wanted way more miles, charged me a change fee even though I am not within 21 days. When I questioned them about it they said the 21 day rule went out the door with the merger. I asked why the website still shows it and the agent and her supervisor both said it has not been updated. Given I was paying $5.00 per minute for the call, I decided to wait till I am back in the US to fight for the $75 per person change fee.
All in all, I spent $350 calling the United! SQ better be worth it. I should have used skype but my work laptop .....

Now if only I could find a way to get the SQ PNR numbers without paying $5 per minute so I can select seats for next week:(

lucky9876coins Jul 8, 2012 9:02 am

Originally Posted by uapremier (Post 18888239)
Yeah- Thanks. Lucky at Boardingarea.com didn't even have the decency to cite me as the source. Unbelievable, wrong and totally uncool.

My post went up five minutes before this thread was started (blog is hosted on Mountain Time).:confused:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7127/7...929fe6d6d2.jpg

I credited the person that did tip me off to this, which was a reader named Apurva, who did so a couple of hours before I even posted.

iexaltu Jul 8, 2012 9:07 am

Originally Posted by andrewket (Post 18890684)
I must be doing something wrong. I started looking at this last night around midnight and then again today. I can't find SQ F A380 seats. 777 no problem. I'm open on destination...

A

For now, I don't think SQ releases F inventory on the A380 so you are not doing anything wrong. Take a chance and try C:D
The 777 should have F availability as you said

SFOTurtle Jul 8, 2012 9:09 am

Originally Posted by andrewket (Post 18890684)

A

You won't find F seats on SQ's A380 routes, at least not long-haul routes. If you can find F on 77W, snag it and don't look back.

amolkold Jul 8, 2012 9:09 am

Lucky is right, this thread shows as 4:36pm and Lucky's post hit my Google Reader at 4:35pm, beat ya by a minute!

iexaltu Jul 8, 2012 9:09 am

Originally Posted by cruisr (Post 18890639)
We have F on SQ from MUC to SIN and J from EWR to MUC. We did the 70k level and it said that F cabin was not available. We have the F rate deducted so is it possible to WL for F? Its on LH. Would I have to check every day to force the seat in F?

Thanks. Looks like we are going for New Years Eve. Funny thing is I was just looking last night for Shanghai for New years eve but SIN is warmer..

If you booked via united, I doubt you'll be able to waitlist on LH. Also, LH releases inventory to their members that UA does not have access to so EF may not be too helpful here

andrewket Jul 8, 2012 9:15 am

Originally Posted by iexaltu (Post 18890716)
For now, I don't think SQ releases F inventory on the A380 so you are not doing anything wrong. Take a chance and try C:D
The 777 should have F availability as you said

hrm, I thought I saw last night that some people were getting SQ F on A380 (suites). That's what I want to try.

A

chinatraderjmr Jul 8, 2012 9:19 am

Originally Posted by DBCme (Post 18890403)
UA will give you SQ confirmation number
Go to SQ website to change seat.

One datapoint: My SFO(HKG)SIN flight this fall... I am the only person currently booked in F on the flight.
I'd like to believe this is more of SQ truly releasing some inventory versus a mistake.

In the RGN deal, Korean Airlines stands a good chance of some pretty good publicity from all the FT'ers who will be sharing their trip reports here and with friends. Only with SQ, they will get this and big payment (albeit less than they may want) from UA for these tickets. So if this is all a mistake, SQ may want to think through any knee-jerk reaction about cancelling these. Just my .02

Very common for SQ flights on some routes to go out empty or close to it in F. I've taken SQ 015 or 016 exactly 5 times in the last 12 months (only between ICN and SFO, not all the way to/from SIN). I've been the INLY passenger in F 3/5 times and never more then 2 more people in F.

Also, your giving FT a lot more credit then it deserves. There are not enough people that actively participate in or even read FT religiously enough to make a dent in SQ's booking. For some reason some people think FT is a lot more indicative of what most people think then it is. One reason UA does not care about our complaints as much as we think they should is because we (the people that post on FT) is such a small sampling that it's almost meaningless (that's not to say others don't agree with us) but most of them either don't find these things important or just don't care enough to complain. A good example is the AA Status match. I've read reduculous posts saying UA has lost "tens or even hundreds if thousands of Elites to AA". While none of us will ever know the real number, I really doubt it was as very significant. Read a bunch of threads on the UA forum and I doubts there is more then 100 people that actually post anything. And most of those people post repeatedly. A better example then the status match is the CO crews that make the announcements thanking people for flying w a CO crew. Does anyone really believe ANYONE really cares about this or even pays attention to this with the exception of the few people that talk about it here

Bottom line is IMO while SQ may not be happy with this muck up, I doubt that any more then a few hundred tickets were issued in the 12-16 hours since this whole thing started (and it was only 3 hours before SQ shut down their site.

iexaltu Jul 8, 2012 9:21 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 18890768)
Very common for SQ flights on some routes to go out empty or close to it in F. I've taken SQ 015 or 016 exactly 5 times in the last 12 months (only between ICN and SFO, not all the way to/from SIN). I've been the INLY passenger in F 3/5 times and never more then 2 more people in F.

Also, your giving FT a lot more credit then it deserves. There are not enough people that actively participate in or even read FT religiously enough to make a dent in SQ's booking. For some reason some people think FT is a lot more indicative of what most people think then it is. One reason UA does not care about our complaints as much as we think they should is because we (the people that post on FT) is such a small sampling that it's almost meaningless (that's not to say others don't agree with us) but most of them either don't find these things important or just don't care enough to complain. A good example is the AA Status match. I've read reduculous posts saying UA has lost "tens or even hundreds if thousands of Elites to AA". While none of us will ever know the real number, I really doubt it was as very significant. Read a bunch of threads on the UA forum and I doubts there is more then 100 people that actually post anything. And most of those people post repeatedly. A better example then the status match is the CO crews that make the announcements thanking people for flying w a CO crew. Does anyone really believe ANYONE really cares about this or even pays attention to this with the exception of the few people that talk about it here

Bottom line is IMO while SQ may not be happy with this muck up, I doubt that any more then a few hundred tickets were issued in the 12-16 hours since this whole thing started (and it was only 3 hours before SQ shut down their site.

I agree and sincerely hope you are right ^

colpuck Jul 8, 2012 9:22 am

I didn't see F space on the A380, I know SQ said they were not going to release that space.

ma91pmh Jul 8, 2012 9:26 am

Could not resist in the end. Booked RDU.SFO.ICN.SIN.MLE in f/j. Coming back on ey j/f via AUH so shd be fun round the world trip!

I saw this on luckys blog then checked in here. ^ to all for spreading the joy :D

snic Jul 8, 2012 9:29 am

Originally Posted by snic (Post 18888707)
I just changed an award ticket so that now mrs snic is on SQ C JFK-FRA on the A380. I have a (UA) e-ticket, but when I click the link to get the SQ confirmation number, it still shows the confirmation number for the other airline (and none for SQ). But maybe that's to be expected if SQ's system is down.

Originally Posted by mike_L (Post 18888743)
Not exactly related to this. I booked an award flight with a few legs on SQ 7 days ago. THe confirmation # never showed up, while other airline confirmation #s were there. I called UA, and the agent did not know either.

Then I called SQ and got my confirmation # and seat assignment. You might need to call SQ to find it out.

Thanks, Mike_L. I called UA and they can't find a SQ confirmation number. I tried calling SQ, but after an hour on hold, I gave up. Hm, I wonder why they are so busy???

as219 Jul 8, 2012 9:32 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 18890768)

Perhaps. But you do have to keep in mind FT doesn't exist in a vacuum. FTers on the whole may care about these things more than an average group of non-FTers, but I would be shocked to find out that FT opinions are dramatically different than non-FT opinion. For example, if you've been reading the mainstream press since 3/3, it's pretty clear lots of people have beefs with UA. So we may talk about it more than most, but it's not just us. Moreover, as we all know quite well, FT isn't the only place to learn about mistakes (fares or otherwise) -- thy spread quickly around the web, and the better the deal, the more they are discussed and disseminated.

(Of course, in this case, there's a pretty high barrier to entry as it were. Zero dollar fares are one thing; award space at the 100K+ RDM level is something else entirely. Not many people (a) have the RDMs and (b) the flexibility to jump on this kind of thing. )

Short hair Francis Jul 8, 2012 9:34 am

Originally Posted by snic (Post 18890827)
Thanks, Mike_L. I called UA and they can't find a SQ confirmation number. I tried calling SQ, but after an hour on hold, I gave up. Hm, I wonder why they are so busy???

Don't call SQ right now, its a system changeover for christ sakes!
If you have a UA locator and a ticket number, don't worry about it.

Same as Mistake fare "Don't Call the Airline"!

Madone59 Jul 8, 2012 9:40 am

Data point

Just got off the phone w/ UA to get my SQ conf #, these are being upheld by SQ.

Enjoy everyone.

ArizonaKudos Jul 8, 2012 9:42 am

I was able to book SFO-HKG and ICN-SFO for March in SQ F through US Airways. They even gave me a conformation number, so I am hoping everything sticks. The agent also said this was the third SQ flight she had booked today, which she found strange. I didn't bother to tell her why that was.