FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   [NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1364187-now-expired-sq-releasing-almost-all-f-award-o.html)

infamousdx Jul 7, 2012 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 18889153)
How did you assign seats? The SQ website is down, plus I don't see an SQ PNR in my confirmation on .sux

That's what I was about to ask, too.

Vunder31 Jul 7, 2012 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx (Post 18889157)
That's what I was about to ask, too.

I had seats auto-assigned for my reservation. No SQ PNR for me either.

FriendlySkies Jul 7, 2012 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Vunder31 (Post 18889160)
I had seats auto-assigned for my reservation. No SQ PNR for me either.

SHARES must like you more :p

I see

JFK - SFO: 2A
SFO - SIN: ---

shaunc Jul 7, 2012 11:22 pm

Just called and modified my April 2013 return trip from NRT-SFO-SAN (all UA) to NRT-LAX (SQ12 A380)-SAN in business. Fingers crossed...

Thanks OP! ^

flyersky1 Jul 7, 2012 11:22 pm

I have the following seats auto-assigned:

SFO - SIN: 1A
SIN - MLE: 12K
MLE - SIN: 12A
SIN - SFO: ---

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 18889166)

I see

J.Edward Jul 7, 2012 11:23 pm

Datapoint:

Heading over with two others on IAH > SIN -- two of use have seat assignments (in fact, we have the *SAME* seat assignment!) and the third person has no seat assignment yet.

Vunder31 Jul 7, 2012 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 18889166)

I see

Well, I would like to change the seats I got...
I mean, why get F class seats if you can't get the BEST F class seat on the plane? :D

PaulInTheSky Jul 7, 2012 11:28 pm

Huge dilemma:

773ER F IAH-DME-SIN

A380 C JFK-FRA-SIN

Which one would you recommend? The worst thing is 773ER F seems to be available in better times for me, but I haven't tried for the A380 yet.

andrewket Jul 7, 2012 11:29 pm

I give up. I can't find availability on A380. Everything shows as sold out.

A

UrbaneGent Jul 7, 2012 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 18889153)
How did you assign seats? The SQ website is down, plus I don't see an SQ PNR in my confirmation on .sux

It initially showed --/-- next to the flight numbers and then changed with seat numbers. I wanted to see the seat map to move seats, but told me not available. I got a 016 ticket number via email confirming seats.

UG

Originally Posted by andrewket (Post 18889192)
I give up. I can't find availability on A380. Everything shows as sold out.

A

On UA .com, if I did JFK-LIN Milan Linate, SQ wouldn't show up but MXP Milan Malpensa did and NCE did as well. Also, I had to play around with the calendar too until it showed up. I hope that helps. Good luck.

UG

Vunder31 Jul 7, 2012 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 18889191)
Huge dilemma:

773ER F IAH-DME-SIN

A380 C JFK-FRA-SIN

Which one would you recommend? The worst thing is 773ER F seems to be available in better times for me, but I haven't tried for the A380 yet.

This exact topic is currently being discussed in the SQ forum. The experts there recommend F class on 773ER.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...ss-choose.html

OskiBear Jul 7, 2012 11:34 pm

I have 12D/12F/12D on my flights which seem to be nearly the first in each flight/section. If you're all getting the same plus row 1 or 2 in F, it seems as we are just being assigned from front to back?

Vunder31 Jul 7, 2012 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear (Post 18889205)
I have 12D/12F/12D on my flights which seem to be nearly the first in each flight/section. If you're all getting the same plus row 1 or 2 in F, it seems as we are just being assigned from front to back?

Yeah, I got row 1 on all my flights.

spideysense Jul 7, 2012 11:41 pm

Cannot find any F, just J on the a380 which I booked. I did find Thai a380 F though, so I ended up booking that as well.

iceman77_7 Jul 7, 2012 11:42 pm

How long did it take you from booking the reservation to ticketing?

Never mind, just ticketed after 9 minutes! EWR-SIN in all-J, then SIN-SFO in SQ F!

shopper711 Jul 7, 2012 11:43 pm

still alive. One thing I haven't figured it out. How the hell do you get to manipulate the connection - the one you want to stop before arriving to the destination? Multiple cities input is not the way to go for lowest use of miles. What gives?

USFdonWill Jul 7, 2012 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by iceman77_7 (Post 18889214)
How long did it take you from booking the reservation to ticketing?

Never mind, just ticketed after 9 minutes! EWR-SIN in all-J, then SIN-SFO in SQ F!

I have 8, 6, and 12 minutes for three different reservations

OskiBear Jul 7, 2012 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by shopper711 (Post 18889218)
still alive. One thing I haven't figured it out. How the hell do you get to manipulate the connection - the one you want to stop before arriving to the destination? Multiple cities input is not the way to go for lowest use of miles. What gives?

You get one stopover - I did multiple cities.
If you want the <24HR connection, I think you hope it gives you what you want when it returns the search results or can you do multi-city and just manipulate the dates so that it's less than 24HR and still works?

FlyWorld Jul 7, 2012 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by uapremier (Post 18887888)
Hi All,

Doing some planning/booking and noticed that (I think due to a systems conversion issue) SQ has released ridiculous amounts of F (O award availability) on almost all routes to *A redeption!
Grab them before they go! I suspect its an error-website says they are converting systems, but I was able to ticket no prob with UA miles.

Has anyone tried *A upgrade ... Purchase B then UG with miles?

aaucello Jul 7, 2012 11:47 pm

I booked EWR-SIN in Business and also SFO-SYD on SQ15/SQ211 in F for 80k UA miles. Any way I could have squeezed in the positioning flight (JFK-SFO) and kept it the same redemption (80k)?

UrbaneGent Jul 7, 2012 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by aaucello (Post 18889236)
I booked EWR-SIN in Business and also SFO-SYD on SQ15/SQ211 in F for 80k UA miles. Any way I could have squeezed in the positioning flight (JFK-SFO) and kept it the same redemption (80k)?

Did you try, it should have worked. Do a dummy booking and see.

yerffej201 Jul 7, 2012 11:51 pm

Ya, mostly gone, but still some C/F in various scattered routes.

Vunder31 Jul 7, 2012 11:55 pm

Amazing how I would voluntarily spend 40 hours traveling SFO-HKG-SIN-MEL when I could just take the SFO-SYD-MEL. Oh wait, that route is on UA... :)
Having 12 (daylight) hours to stretch my legs in Singapore is a nice bonus.

yerffej201 Jul 7, 2012 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by spideysense (Post 18889212)
Cannot find any F, just J on the a380 which I booked. I did find Thai a380 F though, so I ended up booking that as well.

A380 Suites is not bookable by SQ members either unless on a huge pile of miles.

aaucello Jul 8, 2012 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Vunder31 (Post 18889253)
Amazing how I would voluntarily spend 40 hours traveling SFO-HKG-SIN-MEL when I could just take the SFO-SYD-MEL. Oh wait, that route is on UA... :)
Having 12 (daylight) hours to stretch my legs in Singapore is a nice bonus.

Haha! Same boat! 40+ hours of travel - jeeze... atleast I have that 8.5 hour layover in singapore LOL

spideysense Jul 8, 2012 12:04 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 18889258)
A380 Suites is not bookable by SQ members either unless on a huge pile of miles.

Not sure what you mean. I booked 2 x J with Singapore today from YYZ to SIN RT on the a380 and it cost me 250k miles, and I booked 2 x F YYZ-FRA-BKK RT on the a380 and the cost was 350k miles. Spent 600k miles today!

amolkold Jul 8, 2012 12:06 am

Originally Posted by spideysense (Post 18889274)
Not sure what you mean. I booked 2 x J with Singapore today from YYZ to SIN RT on the a380 and it cost me 250k miles, and I booked 2 x F YYZ-FRA-BKK RT on the a380 and the cost was 350k miles. Spent 600k miles today!

None of the flights in your routing are on SQ F or SQ suites.

On SQ A380, there's no F. There's R, which is higher than F and unredeemable by non-SQ members (and for SQ members, at highly inflated prices).

n8onUA Jul 8, 2012 12:07 am

Ultimate Rewards Down

Anyone else just realize that UR is down from 1 - 7 EST for "maintenance".

Had two trips ready to book, went to transfer the miles and no dice =(

PaulInTheSky Jul 8, 2012 12:07 am

Originally Posted by aaucello (Post 18889265)
Haha! Same boat! 40+ hours of travel - jeeze... atleast I have that 8.5 hour layover in singapore LOL

This should be one of the longest all-in SQ routes. I saw EWR-SIN-SYD but didn't get a chance to book.

Well, at least this gives another reason for me to keep flying UA a little bit.

iceman77_7 Jul 8, 2012 12:10 am

Originally Posted by aaucello (Post 18889236)

How are you getting from SIN back to North America? You could have done JFK-SFO-SYD for the same amount of miles as SFO-SYD.

lsed Jul 8, 2012 12:10 am

Is this working only for UA? I have 110K US air miles to burn and wondering if anyone else is using other partner miles to book.

miko2a Jul 8, 2012 12:16 am

I just got off the phone trying to change an existing reservation and the agent said it wasn't possible. Even though it shows online. I'm pretty sure he didn't know what he was doing because he was trying to route me through NRT even though I plainly read the routing I was looking at. I know hang up and try again but, will probably just let it rest. I hope this sticks and everyone gets to enjoy their trip on SQ

spideysense Jul 8, 2012 12:19 am

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 18889280)
None of the flights in your routing are on SQ F or SQ suites.

On SQ A380, there's no F. There's R, which is higher than F and unredeemable by non-SQ members (and for SQ members, at highly inflated prices).

Oh ok, I didn't know that, thanks.

If SQ eventually accepts all these reservations that are made, I wonder what would happen if we need to make a change to them. For instance, my SQ flights are to and from LHR and SIN. My flights between LHR and YYZ are with AC. If I change the AC flights to some other ones down the line (without changing the SQ flights) would the ticket have to be re-issued and thus possibly cancelled by SQ? They'd probably look for any reason to cancel them.

Also, I booked the flights through Aeroplan.com and got an E-ticket itinerary/receipt. Does that mean that it is ticketed, or do I need some other sort of confirmation?

FriendlySkies Jul 8, 2012 12:20 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 18889286)
Is this working only for UA? I have 110K US air miles to burn and wondering if anyone else is using other partner miles to book.

I've also seen SQ F space on AeroPlan.

Just booked another ticket (EWR-SIN). Now looking at a return to the US with Aeroplan miles.

LufthansaFlyer Jul 8, 2012 12:21 am

Was able to book GRR-IAH-DME-SIN (1.5 hour stop in DME) and then SIN-HKG-SFO-CLE-GRR return (1.5 hr stop in HKG).

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 18889286)

US And aeroplan showing inventory. Even someone on SQ's thread said he saw SQ F on Miles&More.

When I was booking my return with a UA agent, she actually had to call SQ to clear up a glitch and SQ came back confirming the seats...

jasonvr Jul 8, 2012 12:22 am

I'm not seeing any 2x F seat availability on SFO-SIN anymore. But still see lots of places with 1 F seat.

lsed Jul 8, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks for the replies. Will try US Air then.
Would be great if I do redeem something. Never flown F on SQ!

bubster Jul 8, 2012 12:26 am

Updated BLR-FRA-SFO on LH to BLR-SIN-SFO in J. Thank you very much for the heads up. Hope it holds.

FriendlySkies Jul 8, 2012 12:28 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer (Post 18889306)
Was able to book GRR-IAH-DME-SIN (1.5 hour stop in DME) and then SIN-HKG-SFO-CLE-GRR return (1.5 hr stop in HKG). Hope the ticketing holds.......

Similar to the RGN deal, the US DOT should be able to get involved with SQ if they cancel tickets that touch US soil.

Sykes Jul 8, 2012 12:32 am

Originally Posted by spideysense (Post 18889300)
If SQ eventually accepts all these reservations that are made, I wonder what would happen if we need to make a change to them.

Theoretically, you shouldn't have any issues. Reissuing a ticket doesn't affect the booked space ... you shouldn't expect to be able to change the SQ segments (because that inventory will disappear), but changing other segments that are normally widely available should work fine.

There are other things that could go wrong though ...
  • If you ticket on UA, SHARES could drop the segment
  • An inexperienced agent could accidentally drop the SQ segment during a change
  • The eTicket record could become unlinked from the reservation causing SQ's system to cancel the segments
  • Probably more ...