FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   [NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1364187-now-expired-sq-releasing-almost-all-f-award-o.html)

flyer31 Jul 8, 2012 5:20 am

OK so I got my ticket and the US airways agent gave mr a SQ reservation number.

ariyo15 Jul 8, 2012 5:32 am

What's crazy (at least to me) is the number of F seats available ON EACH FLIGHT! I booked 2x F on each of my six SQ flights (as part of an eight-flight itinerary), but am still seeing an additional 1, 2 or 3 F seats available on each flight!

Crazy to think that someone could book 4x F on an SQ77W! I'm just hoping that I get swapped out on my SIN-SYD or MEL-SIN flights from the 77W to the 388!

nigelloring Jul 8, 2012 5:47 am

Wow am I glad I woke up early this morning! Between me, my wife, and my mother, we just redeemed more than half a million miles.

(and our ticket numbers were issued by UA within minutes)

Thank you OP ^^^^^^^^^^

ariyo15 Jul 8, 2012 5:52 am

AUSSIE DO??

Come one! There have been hundreds (I'm sure) of reward tickets booked all over the world with this (very) early SQ x-mas gift. Any of you book to Australia?

Can we get a mini-do?

ma91pmh Jul 8, 2012 5:53 am

This is great.... The irony for me is that while space is still wide open, in searching for sq space to male I actually found a better routing with Qatar ... Now I know qr is not sq nut they ain't bad in j and the connections are so good just had to take it! Y'all enjoy sq this is a great opportunity!

chinatraderjmr Jul 8, 2012 6:15 am

Unnamed SQ Station Mgr "We will accept these tkts, at least for today"

I just spoke to a SQ Station Manager who I have met close to a dozen times and who's card I found in my wallet (i looked hard for it). I called to ask if he knew about these award tickets and would they be honored by SQ if I had a booking. He told me he was already contacted by SQ HQ and told to honor the tickets "at least for today" and until HQ comes out with an actual directive. He did say that it was "suggested" to him that he advise passengers to reconfirm any onward or return flights as they may be rescheduled by The issuing airline on different carriers. He does not believe they will honor all the tkts (but said that was his "strong" belief, not any policy he was told about but he said to read between the lines. If he was told to have ground staff advise passengers to reconfirm onward / return flights, that means they probably plan to throw this back at UA/US (and Virgin was also apparently allowed to book these seats as well)

I can't say what station manager for obvious reasons but can say he's in Western Europe (Not the US) and SQ has more then 1 flight a day from his airport

Take it for what it's worth

aaron1262 Jul 8, 2012 6:16 am

anyone getting this message?:
There is a delay in the issuance of your ticket(s). We have requested confirmation of your flights from Singapore Airlines and Singapore Airlines.This process may take up to 24 hours. Your miles will not be deducted from your account until your flights are confirmed and your ticket is issued. We will notify you via email upon confirmation.

keeping my fingers crossed. Just booked about 15 minutes ago for YUL-DPS managed to get MUC-SIN in F. Could have probably gotten a better routing if i called.. but obviously did not want to do that!!!

nigelloring Jul 8, 2012 6:34 am

Hey so I've not redeemed any *A partner awards since the CO merger, but I've read reports that even if you get a 016 ticket number, the ticket number may not be linked to the partner airline's record (if one exists).

So can some kind FTers please offer some practical advice for those of us who have 016 ticket numbers on SQ flights? Should we call SQ to get PNRs and combine them with the 016 ticket numbers? Should we call UA and panic?

chinatraderjmr Jul 8, 2012 6:37 am

Originally Posted by nigelloring (Post 18890093)
Hey so I've not redeemed any *A partner awards since the CO merger, but I've read reports that even if you get a 016 ticket number, the ticket number may not be linked to the partner airline's record (if one exists).

So can some kind FTers please offer some practical advice for those of us who have 016 ticket numbers on SQ flights? Should we call SQ to get PNRs and combine them with the 016 ticket numbers? Should we call UA and panic?

All tickets since 3/3 say 016. What has that got to do with anything. You should call SQ anyway regardless to get your PNR and confirm they have received the tkt numbers from UA - that goes for any award tkt with ANY partner. Not just SQ

SunLover Jul 8, 2012 6:39 am

Originally Posted by aaron1262 (Post 18890054)
There is a delay in the issuance of your ticket(s). We have requested confirmation of your flights from Singapore Airlines and Singapore Airlines.This process may take up to 24 hours. Your miles will not be deducted from your account until your flights are confirmed and your ticket is issued. We will notify you via email upon confirmation.

Nope. The miles were deducted from my account in ~10 minutes but then again they were J tickets.

SunLover

amolkold Jul 8, 2012 6:43 am

@SingaporeAir just tweeted that the changeover to the new Reservations system is complete.

http://www.singaporeair.com/ is back online.

SFO777 Jul 8, 2012 6:46 am

Still alive.

Just booked Denver-Paris, Paris-Bali and Bali-Denver with AC Aeroplan...
DEN-IAD UA F
IAD-CDG UA F
CDG-FRA LH J
FRA-SIN SQ F
SIN-DPS SQ J
DPS-SIN SQ J
SIN-SFO SQ F
SFO-DEN UA F

Received confirmation and AC ticket numbers while on the phone with agent. ^

amolkold Jul 8, 2012 6:48 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18890138)
Still alive.

DEN-IAD UA F
IAD-CDG UA F
CDG-FRA LH J
FRA-SIN SQ F
SIN-DPS SQ J
DPS-SIN SQ J
SIN-SFO SQ F
SFO-DEN UA F

Oh the sacrifices one has to make! :D

SFO777 Jul 8, 2012 6:51 am

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 18890145)
Oh the sacrifices one has to make! :D

I know. I know. Now I just have to find the courage to tell the Mrs. :D

AA_EXP09 Jul 8, 2012 6:57 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18890138)
Still alive.

DEN-IAD UA F
IAD-CDG UA F
CDG-FRA LH J
FRA-SIN SQ F
SIN-DPS SQ J
DPS-SIN SQ J
SIN-SFO SQ F
SFO-DEN UA F

Connecting in CDG is another sacrifice.

love_to_travel Jul 8, 2012 6:57 am

Thought I'd get it on the action, although my itinerary is not as spectacular as some of the others (is there a FT University somewhere where I can get a degree in routing :)). I got SFO-SIN-SFO all in F on a 777-300ER. Now I have to book HNL-SFO tickets.

amolkold Jul 8, 2012 7:00 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 18890185)

He's on an AC award, methinks that's a multi-day stopover. ;)

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 18890186)
Thought I'd get it on the action, although my itinerary is not as spectacular as some of the others (is there a FT University somewhere where I can get a degree in routing :)). I got SFO-SIN-SFO all in F on a 777-300ER. Now I have to book HNL-SFO tickets.

I'd build a stopover in SIN, then add a return flight to anywhere else in the region just to get a couple more hours on SQ for the same number of miles (+ some airport fees) :D

nigelloring Jul 8, 2012 7:00 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 18890103)
All tickets since 3/3 say 016. What has that got to do with anything. You should call SQ anyway regardless to get your PNR and confirm they have received the tkt numbers from UA - that goes for any award tkt with ANY partner. Not just SQ

Thank you.

So when do we do this? Now, or a few hours, or a few days from now?

Thanks again...

SFO777 Jul 8, 2012 7:04 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 18890185)

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 18890198)
He's on an AC award, methinks that's a multi-day stopover. ;)

Yup. Anniversary. 4 days in Paris, 4 days in Bali.

nevansm Jul 8, 2012 7:09 am

Booked with US miles and now when I go to view PNR it's reporting a "schedule change" on one of the UA flights. What do you guys think is the best course of action here?

love_to_travel Jul 8, 2012 7:14 am

How do I select seats?

My itinerary just ticketed.

Is there a way for me to select the seat I want? I can't seem to do it on the United website.

I think the 777-300ER is 1-2-1 so everyone has aisle access, but I rather sit in one of the 1s and not the 2s.

aaron1262 Jul 8, 2012 7:14 am

Originally Posted by aaron1262 (Post 18890054)

this F ticket i reserved is still not ticketed and just saw that the SQ system is back up so thought my chances of ticketing were low. decided to spring for another itinerary but all in J with CDG-SIN segment on SQ. that was ticketed within minutes. however i haven't cancelled the original ticket booked in F for a day earlier....actually there is no option to cancel because it's pending....

SFO777 Jul 8, 2012 7:18 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 18890254)
Is there a way for me to select the seat I want? I can't seem to do it on the United website.
I think the 777-300ER is 1-2-1 so everyone has aisle access, but I rather sit in one of the 1s and not the 2s.

You can ask the UA agent to request seats or get the SQ PNR (will be different that your UA PNR) and do it yourself on SQ.com.
I would wait a few weeks (until the dust settles on this) before calling SQ if you can't get the SQ PNR from UA.

amolkold Jul 8, 2012 7:22 am

Just ticketed LAX-DPS (with SFO-SIN in F). Ticketed in 5 minutes.

I don't even know if I can go, but hey, 24 hour free cancellation.

Edit: Phew, really is 24-hour free cancellation. Had to make sure of that without 1K/PP status. :p

SFO777 Jul 8, 2012 7:25 am

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 18890285)
Just ticketed LAX-DPS (with SFO-SIN in F). Ticketed in 5 minutes.

^
This is almost as much fun as the RGN mistake fare spree.

legalalien Jul 8, 2012 7:27 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 18890254)

You need to call United to get SQ PNR.

The full site (http://www.singaporeair.com) couldn't retrieve my reservation this morning, but the mobile site (http://mobile.singaporeair.com) worked like a charm and I now have a couple of seats in the front cabin of the A388 all-C upper deck. :p

amolkold Jul 8, 2012 7:28 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18890290)
^
This is almost as much fun as the RGN mistake fare spree.

I missed out on that :( (ironically because I was busy flying SQ that day and didn't have wifi access ...)

Also, a few weeks ago, I moved a bunch of AMEX MR into SQ KF before closing out the card. I guess I'm just going to have fly only SQ for the near future #firstworldproblems

mrredskin Jul 8, 2012 7:29 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 18890049)
I just spoke to a SQ Station Manager who I have met close to a dozen times and who's card I found in my wallet (i looked hard for it). I called to ask if he knew about these award tickets and would they be honored by SQ if I had a booking. He told me he was already contacted by SQ HQ and told to honor the tickets "at least for today" and until HQ comes out with an actual directive. He did say that it was "suggested" to him that he advise passengers to reconfirm any onward or return flights as they may be rescheduled by The issuing airline on different carriers. He does not believe they will honor all the tkts (but said that was his "strong" belief, not any policy he was told about but he said to read between the lines. If he was told to have ground staff advise passengers to reconfirm onward / return flights, that means they probably plan to throw this back at UA/US (and Virgin was also apparently allowed to book these seats as well)

I can't say what station manager for obvious reasons but can say he's in Western Europe (Not the US) and SQ has more then 1 flight a day from his airport

Take it for what it's worth

how hard would it have been for you to wait until the deal is actually dead to call your "contact"?

chinatraderjmr Jul 8, 2012 7:31 am

Originally Posted by nigelloring (Post 18890200)
Thank you.

So when do we do this? Now, or a few hours, or a few days from now?

Thanks again...

ASAP........Your tkt is not confirmed until SQ has the reservation and generates a PNR. Sometimes the ticket # may take a few hours to get over to SQ but you should still be able to call them, get a seat assignment and ask for the PNR. ( When your on the phone w SQ, ask if they have the tkt numbers from UA. If yes, your good to go. If not, let them know it HAS been ticketed and call back in a few hours to confirm. (if they have not received tkt numbers within 12 hours, call UA and ask the ...?

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 18890309)
how hard would it have been for you to wait until the deal is actually dead to call your "contact"?

What? You think they did not already know? I wanted to know if I was wasting my time or not. No big deal!!! Didn't "ruin" anything for anyone. He already had the telex in hand from HQ but hay, if it does not work out you can put ALL the blame on me

mrkymark Jul 8, 2012 7:33 am

I agree.

In the future please wait to call.

Other folks would like to participate in the deal as well.

SFO777 Jul 8, 2012 7:38 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 18890332)
He already had the telex in hand from HQ

SQ still uses Telex? ;)

DrivingRain Jul 8, 2012 7:38 am

what phone# is best to use to call SQ this morning from the States this morning to get PNR/ticket#?

SFO777 Jul 8, 2012 7:39 am

Originally Posted by DrivingRain (Post 18890342)
what phone# is best to use to call SQ this morning from the States this morning to get PNR/ticket#?

Don't call SQ today. Call UA.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jul 8, 2012 7:49 am

it was rumoured earlier this year that sq was going to open up award space... something we never got to see. do you think this current offering is planned and here to stay?

it's now well after the resurrection of the new system and the seats are still there on many routes...

Short hair Francis Jul 8, 2012 7:49 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18890347)
Don't call SQ today. Call UA.

+1, why would you call for seats when people are still trying to nab SQ C(J)/F?

chinatraderjmr Jul 8, 2012 7:49 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18890340)
SQ still uses Telex? ;)

I knew that was coming........

They still call the printout a "telex" for some reason. I've heard the term a number of times when referring to a message. I don't think it's a literal meaning - just a word to use instead of "printout of the message"

gaijinjapan Jul 8, 2012 7:50 am

Called UA and received my SQ confirmation numbers. It looks like this really worked.

nick5000 Jul 8, 2012 7:51 am

call UA (or ticketing carrier)

DBCme Jul 8, 2012 7:53 am

UA will give you SQ confirmation number
Go to SQ website to change seat.

One datapoint: My SFO(HKG)SIN flight this fall... I am the only person currently booked in F on the flight.
I'd like to believe this is more of SQ truly releasing some inventory versus a mistake.

In the RGN deal, Korean Airlines stands a good chance of some pretty good publicity from all the FT'ers who will be sharing their trip reports here and with friends. Only with SQ, they will get this and big payment (albeit less than they may want) from UA for these tickets. So if this is all a mistake, SQ may want to think through any knee-jerk reaction about cancelling these. Just my .02

love_to_travel Jul 8, 2012 8:00 am

I called UA and asked for the Singapore Airlines confirmation number, which they gave me. But when I enter it on the www.singaporeair.com website along with my last name, I keep getting this error:

No match found for the entered SQ booking reference and last name.

So I called UA again, but they gave me the same Singapore Airlines confirmation number they gave me the first time, and it still doesn't work.

Should I just give it some time?