Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"There is no longer a dedicated 1K line"

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by halls120
Shannon - if the 1K desk still exists, why do the agents that staff that desk announce themselves as "Premier Services" and not 1K?
Read her words carefully. She's not saying that these agents are 1K-only, just that they're the ones designated to take 1K calls. While perhaps they're more senior or better trained than other agents, they could well be spending most of their time handling lower-level Premiers. (Of course, they could still answer the phone as 1K Desk when we call, if the system worked properly and they were paying attention.)
Old May 17, 2012, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL 1K, Starwood Platinum
then let's stop mincing words and be direct and truthful to us. that is the biggest part of the issue as i see it at UA...no one wants to tell anyone what is going on...and when they don't know, they just make something up. knowing is half the battle. (that and the customer service is a disgrace)
Old May 17, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
When I call into the 1K line, I always hear "Thank you for calling the MileagePlus Premier line."
IME, that means you got a PMCO call center.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ualvet
Read her words carefully. She's not saying that these agents are 1K-only, just that they're the ones designated to take 1K calls. While perhaps they're more senior or better trained than other agents, they could well be spending most of their time handling lower-level Premiers. (Of course, they could still answer the phone as 1K Desk when we call, if the system worked properly and they were paying attention.)
Exactly. IMO, There is now a set of reps that are designated as able to take 1k calls.... Not that they only take 1k calls. They probably are supposed to answer with "1k line" based on a screen indication that they are talking to a 1k, but not yet in the habit.

My guess, based on the posted experiences, UA greatly increased the number of staff so designated to reduce wait times (before answering the call, not total time of call).

End result, less experienced reps who do not understand the ends and outs of 1k benefits as they are not used to dealing with them.

All part of the announced strategic plan to reduce the cost of serving "elites".
Old May 17, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Where are the current locations of the sCO and sUA call centers?
Old May 17, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by g_leyser
"Thank you for calling the 1K desk, this is Peggy."

I think I just pee'd myself from laughing so hard.
Old May 17, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
I called GS last week and the line was answered with "Global Services" but the agent had no clue about the GS benefit of a guaranteed seat on the next flight after a cancellation. They are just better in faking it.
Same experience. The GS line is just as gone as the 1K line. Come on, UA. This is absurd. If an agent is going to pretend to be a GS agent, at least know all the GS benefits! Otherwise there is no point to a GS line, other than immediate service, which has also seemed to disappeared.
Old May 17, 2012, 2:58 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
The agent I talked to today simply answered: "This is Jenny." **

And nothing else.

** actual name changed to protect the agent.
Old May 17, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
Originally Posted by unavaca
This sounds like a call routing issue.. just last week I got someone who answered as the "1K/Global Services" line.

Rumors of the 1K line's death are greatly exaggerated.
That's AFWUL! They can't merge the GS line with 1Kers!

For the record, I've been getting good response times if I call the GS number; (Whether they can actually help me is another story!)

It would be foolish to treat all "Premier" customers the same. Premiere from a Credit Card is not the same as someone who flies 100,000 BIS miles or has enough spend to qualify for GS.
Old May 17, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by reamworks
It would be foolish to treat all "Premier" customers the same.
But that is exactly what has happened in practice from my experience.
Old May 17, 2012, 4:39 pm

Hi cranky1K, that’s correct. The 1K desk has not gone away. Specifically, when you call in and your MileagePlus number is recognized as 1K, the call is routed to an agent that is specifically designated to handle these calls. The agents that receive these calls come from both the former United and Continental sides of the house. With all the training and changes in place, the way in which the line was answered wasn’t something we focused on immediately enforcing. But, we are working to continuously improve the experience and streamline our process.

Shannon
Hi Shannon.

So are you saying the "1K desk" now takes calls from both 1K's and other elites? So there is no 1K only line anymore?

It seems to defeat the purpose. If an agent working an 8 hours shift answers 25 calls in a day, and 15 are silver, 5 Gold, 5 PLatnium and 5 1K, it does not seem to me that they would know / expect to suddently provide a higher level of service to the 1K caller. ALl callers would just be treated the same.

a higher level of service was what the 1K Line was all about.

I've had some shocking experiences since 3/3 with the new "Premiere line" If these agents have been trained to take 1K calls - how on earth can they not know the rules of an GPU - surely the most basic and important 1K perk "Sorry Sir - you cannot use a GPU on a ps flight" - that is what 3 supervisors told me on the "1K Line"
Old May 17, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TIMOS
It seems to defeat the purpose. If an agent working an 8 hours shift answers 25 calls in a day, and 15 are silver, 5 Gold, 5 PLatnium and 5 1K, it does not seem to me that they would know / expect to suddently provide a higher level of service to the 1K caller. ALl callers would just be treated the same.

a higher level of service was what the 1K Line was all about.
The current philosophy being communicated by at least one customer-facing UA sales rep is that "1K" is not essentially more special than any other elite level: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18585613-post236.html.

The company may no longer be focused in providing 100,000-mile flyers with hands-on, highly flexible, ultra expert service; that perk may now be reserved for high spenders. To quote the paraphrased conversation more specifically:

-GS and Corp customers are the most lucrative and things will improve for "those 2 groups" but ALL customers are important and there is no way to treat 6 sub groups differently on board or in airports the way UA used to
Old May 17, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Yfirst gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Plat.
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi cranky1K, that’s correct. The 1K desk has not gone away. Specifically, when you call in and your MileagePlus number is recognized as 1K, the call is routed to an agent that is specifically designated to handle these calls. The agents that receive these calls come from both the former United and Continental sides of the house. With all the training and changes in place, the way in which the line was answered wasn’t something we focused on immediately enforcing. But, we are working to continuously improve the experience and streamline our process.

Shannon
Hi Shannon, good to see you posting. It seems like now more than ever your and Scotts help, input, and clarifications are needed. (and appreciated) FWIW I just called iK line number. CS agent answered "Premier Line" Facts: call was answered in seconds, and agent was polite and knowledgeable.
Old May 17, 2012, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Exactly. IMO, There is now a set of reps that are designated as able to take 1k calls.... Not that they only take 1k calls. They probably are supposed to answer with "1k line" based on a screen indication that they are talking to a 1k, but not yet in the habit.
Well, they don't answer "1K," at least not IME.
Old May 17, 2012, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by reamworks
<snip>It would be foolish to treat all "Premier" customers the same. Premiere from a Credit Card is not the same as someone who flies 100,000 BIS miles or has enough spend to qualify for GS.
But as FLYDCA says above, this is exactly what's happening, what's apparently supposed to be happening, and what's going to continue happening.

It does give me some sad joy to see two recent threads from high dollar (by my standards, anyway) GS flyers unhappy with the new way of doing business, who are moving large amounts of money to other carriers, but the reality is this is a new business model. Get used to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.