FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   "There is no longer a dedicated 1K line" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1345191-there-no-longer-dedicated-1k-line.html)

jacroweORD May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

i called [the 1K number]

they answer hi, name is xyz...welcome to the Premier line...i ask if this is the 1K line...they say, yes...for all elites...woman not very helpful as I ask if 1K line is gone or not...she says its still here for baggage etc..or mileage plus..

call back..(like usual) another woman says its still here, just using it for all premiers now as they are overwhelmed with calls. I tell her i am REALLY annoyed..(looking for the old 1K bunch of savers i can't find online anymore)...

says she will get me to a 1K agent that can help. On hold now...

Anyone know the true answer?? Also, can they help me get back any of the upgrade certs i have "used" but were not returned.. (tongue/cheek)

These people need to get their act together...simple solution was NOT to remove all the current elite processes for 1Ks.

and apparently it is answered by a phone bank in a treehouse somewhere in cambodia....and the windows are open, not only can they not comprehend english, but the wind is blowing through the phone...

ok..I am done. incredible experience. best of luck figuring this out united

chinatraderjmr May 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by jacroweORD (Post 18553458)
i called [the 1K number]

they answer hi, name is xyz...welcome to the Premier line...i ask if this is the 1K line...they say, yes...for all elites...woman not very helpful as I ask if 1K line is gone or not...she says its still here for baggage etc..or mileage plus..

call back..(like usual) another woman says its still here, just using it for all premiers now as they are overwhelmed with calls. I tell her i am REALLY annoyed..(looking for the old 1K bunch of savers i can't find online anymore)...

says she will get me to a 1K agent that can help. On hold now...

Anyone know the true answer?? Also, can they help me get back any of the upgrade certs i have "used" but were not returned.. (tongue/cheek)

These people need to get their act together...simple solution was NOT to remove all the current elite processes for 1Ks.

Alas there is no more 1K line as ALL ELITES are the same. (welcome to Aeroflot). If you want one of the great PMUA 1K agents what I do is when a man answers I just hang up. When a woman answers I say "hi, are you by any chance in HNL?". If yes, that is a old 1K agent. If no, hsng up and keep trying till you get a HNLRR agent

jacroweORD May 10, 2012 9:49 pm

STILL on..they transferred me to the "1k" desk...after which they say is the "premier desk"...

SO i see a saver biz flt...they can't see to see...25k....she quotes me 25k for economy.....ask for the flt...she comes back and says...it will be 100k for the rd trip???? WHAT?? how do we get the 75k for the other leg?

ask for supervisor now...

gotta say...i ignored the status match thing til now...think i may have to jump ship...unreal...

1K line was AWESOME...this is ridiculous\

oh, and so much for that saver award inventory for 1k and up...

samplat May 10, 2012 9:50 pm

I don't know about the 1k line but my experience as a gold & calling the new UA has been definitely a lot worse than in the past.

- the wait each time has been horrendous (20-30 mins). I eventually gave up and ended up doing the reservations via the web w/o certs.
- clueless agents who didn't know simple things and had to put me on hold to go clarify the questions
- terrible call quality. Lot of static, presumably because of VoIP routing to Asian call center.
- calls dropped multiple times because the agent didn't know what to do and put me on hold then hung up.

All in all, three of the most terrible experiences dealing with UA call center over a dozen years, all in the last two months!:mad::td::td:

NewtoConsulting May 10, 2012 10:29 pm

I called the "1K 1Call" line on Monday and got a computer instead of a person, even the wrong person would have been better. If I fly 100,000 miles and have to talk a computer into putting me on the line with a real person I give up. The only good news is that nobody was taking my blood pressure that night! I did the status mach with AA Monday night. Hopefully I will be EXP by the end of next week.

Originally Posted by jacroweORD (Post 18553559)
and apparently it is answered by a phone bank in a treehouse somewhere in cambodia....and the windows are open, not only can they not comprehend english, but the wind is blowing through the phone...

I'm going to have this image in my head the next time I call UA. :D

jacroweORD May 10, 2012 10:37 pm

ok..i have simmered down some...sent a note to 1K voice...hope they still exist..thing is why have sent out the 1Call number, card and listing of numbers if it doesn't exist?? is it just a lie?? pretend its still there??

i AM going to apply for status match, but frankly, an apology would work...i am just growing so tired of all this on a daily basis...for us road warriors who are there several times a week (not just 7 or 8 flts to asia a year...sorry..guys/gals)...it used to help a bit to have an avenue for some assistance...hundred + trips to the airport a year are pretty nerve racking and tiring...

AZjohns May 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by jacroweORD (Post 18553678)
ok..i have simmered down some...sent a note to 1K voice...hope they still exist.....

Sorry to report that 1Kvoice and the 1K line are both history as we knew them.

embarcadero1 May 11, 2012 11:34 am

"There is no longer a dedicated 1K line"

This is what I heard when calling today, to correct a reservations mess, from an agent identifying herself as [name redacted, per FT policy], in Salt Lake City, UT.

She says that there is no longer a 1K dedicated line, and all premier customers now share the same line. Only Global Services has a dedicated line.

Nice.

She was unable to solve the problem created by Houston's reservation crew, the same people who couldn't distinguish first from business class. I'm now down at least 60 minutes, thanks to this merger.

I'm hating this more than usual. I've never been a United fan, but now that I've had to spend 60+ minutes solving a problem created by people who didn't know how to use the reservations system, my inclination is to go elsewhere. I desperately wish Virgina America had a more robust route network from SFO!!

mherdeg May 11, 2012 11:41 am

If you were paying close attention over the last few months, you would have noticed when you logged into continental.com that you were a Presidential Platinum member and you could have printed yourself a membership card with that exclusive phone number :)

I've never used it.

DrDesmo May 11, 2012 11:44 am

Sounds like a call routing issue. I called yesterday about an RPU being sent back to my account, and was off the phone in about 3 minutes with the problem completely solved.

And they answered as "This is X from the 1K desk" just like they have ... forever. Well, IME anyways ^

Cheers,
Adam

unavaca May 11, 2012 12:07 pm

This sounds like a call routing issue.. just last week I got someone who answered as the "1K/Global Services" line.

Rumors of the 1K line's death are greatly exaggerated.

raehl311 May 11, 2012 12:13 pm

This had better be a call routing issue...

I started as a NW plat, and one of the nicest things about it was the very nice dedicated Plat desk agents. When NW got assimilated by DL, I switched to CO due to the (at the time) good service Plats could expect there.

With this new merger Platinum isn't what it used to be, but fortunately it appears I will make 1K pretty soon this year (going to pass 75K on Monday).

If 100,000 miles a year can't get you directly to the most experienced agents, it seems obvious UA isn't placing much value on their elite fliers. I mean, the agents are there, you just have to assign them their own call-in queue.

Unless there's no 1k desk because you fired all your best reservations agents...

embarcadero1 May 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca (Post 18556875)
This sounds like a call routing issue.. just last week I got someone who answered as the "1K/Global Services" line.

Rumors of the 1K line's death are greatly exaggerated.

I was just told today, in no uncertain terms, that there was no dedicated 1K line, that the only dedicated line was for GS. This was not presented as a temporary fix. The Salt Lake City based reservations agent told me that all premier customers would now be handled on the same lines.

If you know differently, I'm all ears. But so far, I've not seen or experienced anything to support this. I'll keep calling and hanging up until I get Chicago or HNL.

This is a major downgrade. As I mentioned before, I've had several ex-CO staff who have not been trained to handle reservations on UA aircraft.

unavaca May 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by embarcadero1 (Post 18556949)
I was just told today, in no uncertain terms, that there was no dedicated 1K line, that the only dedicated line was for GS. This was not presented as a temporary fix. The Salt Lake City based reservations agent told me that all premier customers would now be handled on the same lines.

If you know differently, I'm all ears. But so far, I've not seen or experienced anything to support this. I'll keep calling and hanging up until I get Chicago or HNL.

This is a major downgrade. As I mentioned before, I've had several ex-CO staff who have not been trained to handle reservations on UA aircraft.

Is SLC a PMUA or PMCO call center?

NiceLanding May 11, 2012 12:39 pm

A few days ago I asked a gate agent if I could standby for an earlier flight. When she asked for my ID, I handed her my 1K card, which she stared at blankly for a few seconds before amending her request to a photo ID. Then she asked what level of elite I was. When I said "1K", she replied, "oh, there are too many levels now to keep track of."

So far, this has been entirely consistent with my experience with the new UA, so not surprising that the 1K desk would disappear.