Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track at London Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2012, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: United global services, BA gold,

Does United give fast track or arrivals at London Heathrow? Used to live there so had IRIS but it's expired and am quite worried with recent news.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1.3 Million Mile, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President Circle, Global Entry
They hand out Fast Track for arrivals if you are in BF. Concierge usually makes the rounds before departure.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA GS/3MM; American EXP; Hilton Diamond; Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Yes, for C and F, including upgraded passengers.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1.3 Million Mile, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President Circle, Global Entry
BTW, what recent news are you thinking of?
Old May 5, 2012, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by adagio
BTW, what recent news are you thinking of?
This http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17905611
Old May 5, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
"Mr Walsh - the boss of British Airways' parent company IAG said a more-detailed analysis using data and CCTV footage from Heathrow's owners BAA showed some passengers queued for two hours and 31 minutes on 27 April."

Interesting that it's the airline going to bat for its customers. Would UA ever do such a thing for TSA/CBP waiting times?
Old May 5, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA
Flew quite a few times in biz with UA over the past two years into LHR, so hoarded the Fast Track certificates to use when arriving back during the December hols. 'Fast track' on Dec 29, 2011 was 1 hour/5 min. 'Regular' entry would have been at least 2 hours.

That being said, on 'normal' days previously, the regular or fast track lines were about the same, maybe 10 minutes, tops. Not sure how they will cope with the Olympics though.
Old May 5, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by maize&blue
Would UA ever do such a thing for TSA/CBP waiting times?
I will give UA credit for helping sponsor us for Global Entry, which helps us get into the US really fast (would BA do this?).

It's one of the only things I can say UA did good for us post 3/3
Old May 5, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by adagio
They hand out Fast Track for arrivals if you are in BF. Concierge usually makes the rounds before departure.
What airline are you flying, cause it sure isn't UA if you have anything that could be confused for a concierge on your flights.
Old May 5, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by actonma
Yes, for C and F, including upgraded passengers.
Seems inconsistent for C; sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.
Old May 5, 2012, 8:20 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
Fast Track is given to all F & C pax for flights arriving before 3 or 4 pm. after that time the Fast Track lane is closed. So for Flt 922 which has a 21:55 arrival time there's no Fast Track cards given out but there isn't much of a line at that time in T1.

If extra fast tracks were boarded the purser/crew used to hand them out to 1k & GS in Y but since the 3/3 change over the manifest only shows special meals and wheel chair assistant info for Y pax not our loyal high status pax in Y

For some reason in T1 IRIS is hit or miss unlike T3 & T5. I used to visit London a lot but my IRIS has expired so I've saved up on fast track passes
Old May 5, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Fast track passes were not given out on a recent IAH-LHR flight in BF. Immigration took over 1.5 hours. This was on a Sunday arrival. It was awful.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
We flew LAX-LHR in C and were excited to use our Fast Track invitations on arrival ... but this actually turned out to be slower than going in the regular queue.

When we arrived, the Fast Track queue had about six pax in front of us (waiting to talk to one agent), and the regular queue had zero pax (waiting to talk to one different agent). We ended up ducking over to the regular track.

(Not that it mattered, as our luggage was delayed for two hours!)
Old Sep 21, 2013, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any recent experiences on getting Fast Track passes?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 3:52 pm

I fly Iah-lhr several times a year, typically in BF and they have always provided a fastpass coupon. In my experience, the standard queue moves about 10:1 vs the FP queue. This is due to the number of agents processing FP is typically 2. Typical wait times has been less than 30 minutes - but this is T4 and much less populated than other terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.