Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track at London Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Any recent experiences on getting Fast Track passes?
I just received one in late August while traveling in Global First.

Landed in T1, and after a 30 minute walk (ugh), cleared customs in 3 minutes.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I just flew into LHR from SFO this morning on 930. They handed out passes in GF. Didn't matter, immigration was dead empty when we arrived around noon. Wow but that's a long walk.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: QR platinum
Did not get it at the end of August in C on IAH-LHR, but admittedly I slept until the landing announcement.

Same experience a few days later: Ms. CASAFlyer didn't get one on IAD-LHR (C as well) and she told me that she didn't see them being distributed.

We both have EU passports, so did not ask.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I just flew into LHR from SFO this morning on 930. They handed out passes in GF. Didn't matter, immigration was dead empty when we arrived around noon. Wow but that's a long walk.

And those hallways are so stuffy. LHR certainly doesn't like the "air con!"
Old Sep 21, 2013, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Different sort of Fast Track but I was surprised at LHR on Friday that Fast Track security was given to me as a 1k in Y. This was taken away around the time of the merger but seems now to have made a welcome return.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sulley

Thanks, hopefully T4 is a bit quicker
Old Sep 21, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Different sort of Fast Track but I was surprised at LHR on Friday that Fast Track security was given to me as a 1k in Y. This was taken away around the time of the merger but seems now to have made a welcome return.
This happened this evening also (UA 122, IAD > LHR)

There was a 1K in the exit window seat who requested & was given the fast track voucher

(I didn't need one, UK passport)
Old Sep 21, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)

It's a h*ll of a long walk, almost a mile I'll bet. I can do it in about 15 mins tops though (I walk fast)

This is really anal, but if I'm awake enough, I'll turn on my Android app to measure it next week (Cardio Trainer)
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by StingWest
It's a h*ll of a long walk, almost a mile I'll bet. I can do it in about 15 mins tops though (I walk fast)

This is really anal, but if I'm awake enough, I'll turn on my Android app to measure it next week (Cardio Trainer)
It may have been closer to 15 - my brain isn't functioning at 6:00 AM GMT after a sleepless flight

Please measure it! I'm interested to see how far it is from gate 49. I just know it seems like it is endless. I have such a love/hate relationship with LHR.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
It may have been closer to 15 - my brain isn't functioning at 6:00 AM GMT after a sleepless flight

Please do - I'm interested to see how far it is from gate 49... I just know it seems like it is endless. I hate a love/hate relationship with LHR.
I think the SFO flight usually comes in at gate 33 (could be mistaken), but I'll try to remember
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SPG Gold
Thanks, hopefully T4 is a bit quicker
T-4 is usually about a five minute walk to immigration
The last few times the FAs did not hand out any Fast Track invitations. They said BF passengers are entitled to use Fast Track. The agent at the entrance to Fast Track scanned my boarding pass and then said to proceed
Old Sep 22, 2013, 12:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by StingWest
I think the SFO flight usually comes in at gate 33 (could be mistaken), but I'll try to remember
I don't remember what gate it was. Longest airport walk ever. At least 15 minutes and I'm an extremely fast walker. The good news is, the walk took so long, luggage started arriving just as I cleared immigration.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold
Yep. Just landed a couple of hours ago (ORD-LHR) and they handed out the slips for Fast Track to C and F passengers at the beginning of the flight.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:09 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Here's my brief experiences with Fast Track security and immigration at LHR. All my UA flights have been in and out of T4 since I'm flying to/from IAH. I've had to ask the crew on the plane a few times about getting a Fast Track card. One time they started passing them out, but the purser got distracted and missed my section. Another time the crew seemed a little clueless and I think only handed them out by request.

T4 must be pretty dead because I don't ever recall getting to immigration and people being in line from another flight. The queues generally aren't bad at all. Since Im in BF, I'm one of the first people off of the plane so there generally is no real queue in the non-fast track lane. There always seem to be 2 fast track lanes open with an agent and they slowly bring out staff for the normal lanes as the line fills up. One time I was the 3rd person in the fast track lane and the people at the desk had issues that took a long while to resolve and they let about 20 people through the regular lanes while we were stuck there. One time i went to the normal line and they only had one agent when i first arrived and a few more filtered out over the next couple minutes and it was a couple minutes longer than fast track, but I still was at the baggage carousel before the bags arrived.

Based on my experience in another terminal, they may let you into the fast track immigration lane just with your J or F boarding pass, but I haven't actually tried it. I've been using a lap infant as a travel accessory lately and it has come in really handy in being sent to the front of the queue

I flew a flight in Y on a *A partner in T1 and decided to see if I could use the fast track security. I showed my * Gold card and they let my family through.

One last thing - you do NOT need to take off your shoes when going through security at LHR so leave them on.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:54 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
That incredibly long walk to and from the outer extremities of T1 is something that I do at least 10 times a year. I'm doing it twice in the next 3 weeks. It's one of the design factors that make LHR a Third World airport.

We are told that this distance will be much reduced when *A moves to T2 in 2014 (United is first off, in early June). Can't wait!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.