Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track at London Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:30 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by st530
Except when UA forgets to load them. A few months ago on IAH-LHR they neglected to do so, but as we exited, the jetway agent said "Don't worry, just show them your boarding pass at the Fast Track lane." At the Fast Track lane, however, the helpful agent refused any effort to be shown the boarding pass, saying "If you don't have a Fast Track paper, I can't let you use this lane."
I requested a GS agent to meet me at the aircraft when they forgot to load them. The agent was indeed there with a stack passing them out by the door. That's a major benefit in London when flying F or J. Those lines are some of the longest ones I have ever seen at an airport.

I did ask the FT agent once if they would accept a BP marked First or Business for access. Said agent said they would.
st530 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Anyone with a recent experience with FT at LHR when arriving on a UA J flight? Are they loading up the forms for passengers to use?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Anyone with a recent experience with FT at LHR when arriving on a UA J flight? Are they loading up the forms for passengers to use?
Yes (out of SFO).
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
If you fly to LHR often enough then consider registering for Border Force as you get to use the eGates: https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...s/border-force

At GBP50 I think it is great value and have used for a couple of years. I will not be renewing my subscription that is up in early January because in the last UK budget, the UK has now given Aussies (and Americans) the ability to use the eGates effective January 1, 2019: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...more-countries

Don't pay @TomMM if you are an American https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...more-countries
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Yes out of IAH along with the UK landing card, recently on UA 5.

^^ good point on the e-gates being available to US, UK, CAN, and a few others in 2019 as well.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHR is now using eGate for US Passport holders (they said it just started a few days ago at T2). https://www.heathrow.com/arrivals/im...-and-passports. No pre-registration needed. It is incredibly simple - no paper, fingerprint, no questions to answer and no staring into a camera.

I am not sure if they still have / are still distributing Fast Track forms.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by username
LHR is now using eGate for US Passport holders (they said it just started a few days ago at T2). https://www.heathrow.com/arrivals/im...-and-passports. No pre-registration needed. It is incredibly simple - no paper, fingerprint, no questions to answer and no staring into a camera.

The FAs on UA 930 last Tuesday handed them to just about everyone in business without asking if pax were ending in London or connecting.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by username

Had been waiting for this after it was announced in the UK budget last March (2018). Was supposed to be January 2019, then moved to March (I got caught out as thought it had happened and it had been delayed again) and i had not renewed my Border Force as knew it was coming, so have been avoiding travel to LHR as waiting for it to happen so thank you for the update and confirmation. One of the benefits of Brexit for non- EU folks (limited countries but my passport qualifies)
Old May 26, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by 1kBill
The FAs on UA 930 last Tuesday handed them to just about everyone in business without asking if pax were ending in London or connecting.
Still makes sense to do so as one could be a citizen of a country that’s not eligible.
Old May 26, 2019, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by villox

Still makes sense to do so as one could be a citizen of a country that’s not eligible.
landing cards supposedly have been eliminated for all.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
No landing cards! On yesterday's UA5, flight attendants handed every J passenger a fast tract paper. You can also use the arrive lounge after immigration by using this paper.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by louchen67
No landing cards! On yesterday's UA5, flight attendants handed every J passenger a fast tract paper. You can also use the arrive lounge after immigration by using this paper.
Actually for the Arrivals lounge you just need your BP and even then the lounge has a list of all the eligible pax by flight.

Originally Posted by myperks

landing cards supposedly have been eliminated for all.
But the eGates for fast track (equipment) only certain nationalities qualify such as Canada, New Zealand, Australia and the USA. One of the UK budget changes last year.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 27, 2019 at 12:50 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 26, 2019, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
But the eGates for fast track (equipment) only certain nationalities qualify such as Canada, New Zealand, Australia and the USA. One of the UK budget changes last year.
it is supposedly also gone for those that can't use egate and is seeing a border control officer.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
No landing cards last Friday and I did not use the egates.

Arrived to an almost empty arrivals hall so the FastTrack vs egates comparison is kind of moot for me. The egates for USA passport holders, which are before the Fast Track entrance, had like 10 people in line so I went to the empty manned Fast Track line on the far left.

Border Officer scanned my US passport then waved me through with no stamp.

Last edited by onthesam; May 27, 2019 at 7:12 am
Old May 19, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLATINUM
London Heathrow immigration?

We are booked to fly into LHR early July. While still over a month away, I am wondering what the immigration queues are like at LHR for early morning arrivals (we land at 7.30 am). Also, we will be in Polaris cabin - any chance fast pass is still operating? I have found online horror stories about >5 hr waits at LHR but no reliable info re. how that changes with landing time. We have two small kids with us so a >5hr wait will likely kill me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.