Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track at London Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
There are no reliable times to arrive as the system keeps on changing so that it's impossible to discern patterns before it changes again. My guess is that you will probably be ok, unless there is a new system in place which causes chaos. Top tip is to ensure you have print outs of your PLF, your pre-departure test result and your pre-booked Day 2 and Day 8 tests.

And, no, Fast Track is not operating and the e-gates, if operating at all, are behind the COVID checks.
ch922455 likes this.
Old May 19, 2021, 11:14 pm

I flew in last month from EWR with a 7am arrival and it took about 45 minutes to get through immigration/covid checks and grab my bags. The line was about 50% full when I walked up and filled up pretty quickly once I was in line. I agree that having printouts of all your documents is best. The total experience wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

There was no fast track and the e-gates are behind the checkpoints. They will check all your docs at the checkpoints and then allow you to pass through to the gates.
ch922455 likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
Originally Posted by ch922455
We are booked to fly into LHR early July. While still over a month away, I am wondering what the immigration queues are like at LHR for early morning arrivals (we land at 7.30 am). Also, we will be in Polaris cabin - any chance fast pass is still operating? I have found online horror stories about >5 hr waits at LHR but no reliable info re. how that changes with landing time. We have two small kids with us so a >5hr wait will likely kill me!
No fast track, and with children you will not be able to use the e-gates and will instead be directed to another line meant for those who can't or won't use the e-gates, mostly families. It's a crapshoot depending on exactly which other flights are landing at the same time. In my last 4 trips with a child in tow, I've spent at best 45 minutes in that line and at worst around 2.5 hours. It's hot as hell usually and there's no social distancing. Anyway, assuming you're planning to stay in London, all of that will be a breeze with 2 small children compared to the 10 day quarantine that follows (5 days if you test out)!
ch922455 likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by ch922455
We are booked to fly into LHR early July. While still over a month away, I am wondering what the immigration queues are like at LHR for early morning arrivals (we land at 7.30 am). Also, we will be in Polaris cabin - any chance fast pass is still operating? I have found online horror stories about >5 hr waits at LHR but no reliable info re. how that changes with landing time. We have two small kids with us so a >5hr wait will likely kill me!
I arrived around 8am on May 17th and the line at the e-gates was fairly short. I didn’t get a good look at the regular line, but it was definitely longer. I was one of the first off our flight and just beat out another group deplaning. I imagine it could have been a lot worse a few minutes later.

The PLF check was quick and easy—it helps to have hardcopies of the required documents rather than fumbling with the phone. I was expecting the worst, but got through in less than 10 minutes. All a crapshoot. Good luck!
Dyce and ch922455 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.