Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track at London Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I think it is actually £50 per year after the initial £70 for the first.
This is correct.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: BRK-B
Is that possible to use either UA (is that the one with title``We are delighted to have you..." and have a picture on it?) or TG fast track cards on LH flight arriving at LHR T2?, since LH didn't give fast track card to all passengers.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:10 pm

Will AA issued/branded fast track passes (intended for Terminal 3) work at Terminal 2?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:00 pm

Fast Track at LHR for 1K members?

We recently flew to LHR and waited almost 1 1/2 hours to get through immigration. As we left we noticed that there is Fast Track service at LHR supposedly for premium class passengers and elite members, but as a 1K we were not offered an invitation by UA to go through the Fast Track line. In reading Star Alliance Gold benefits, we see that expedited security and immigration are listed as benefits.

Were we just forgotten on this trip or does UA not provide Fast Track for 1Ks?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
There should have been a *A (Gold Track) line for you to go through. I'm wondering as well how this will work for my wife tomorrow, a 1K (via my MM). She's flying FRA-LHR-EWR (the first in coach, 2nd in Polaris).
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by mvogel
We recently flew to LHR and waited almost 1 1/2 hours to get through immigration. As we left we noticed that there is Fast Track service at LHR supposedly for premium class passengers and elite members, but as a 1K we were not offered an invitation by UA to go through the Fast Track line. In reading Star Alliance Gold benefits, we see that expedited security and immigration are listed as benefits.

Were we just forgotten on this trip or does UA not provide Fast Track for 1Ks?
Without a specific invitation card to fast track you will not have access to it. And United does not give *G or 1K members an invitation. Only Business class customers get it.

Originally Posted by aacharya
There should have been a *A (Gold Track) line for you to go through. I'm wondering as well how this will work for my wife tomorrow, a 1K (via my MM). She's flying FRA-LHR-EWR (the first in coach, 2nd in Polaris).
There's a Gold Track for security on outbound flights, not for immigration on inbound flights which is what the OP was referring to I believe.

-RM
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
OP was referring to UK immigration on an LHR arrival. Your wife will just have to clear transit security. Different animal.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully she has sufficient time to connect.

I've read in another thread that airlines have to pay for passengers to use the Immigration Fasttrack line. 2 weeks ago I flew to LHR and it took about 1 hour to clear immigration. The good news is that I've signed up for the UK's Registered Travel program and can use the EU gates next time!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:26 pm

So may J pax request FastTrack at Polaris clubs such as ORD - or FA dole out onboard?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
So may J pax request FastTrack at Polaris clubs such as ORD - or FA dole out onboard?
Onboard.
You get it only onboard.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
it is given out onboard, but it's just a slip of paper... and it looks like an advertisement. and if you're sleeping on an overnight flight, they may put it at your seat or somewhere near your seat... and it's very easy to miss. (speaking from recent experience.)
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
I received the fast track invitation in Business Class on board on the IAD-LHR flight that landed around 8:30 pm last week - it was extremely valuable -- the Fast Track line had ~10 people in it. The regular line probably had 500+ people and was moving very slowly - I'm sure it saved me over an hour of waiting time.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Do they change the passes over time? I have several I've saved from previous trips when I took the morning EWR-LHR flight and the regular LHR immigration line was reasonably short. Figured I'd use them when I fly in Y on a future trip. They don't have an expiration date on them.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Do they change the passes over time? I have several I've saved from previous trips when I took the morning EWR-LHR flight and the regular LHR immigration line was reasonably short. Figured I'd use them when I fly in Y on a future trip. They don't have an expiration date on them.
I haven't seen a change in them. But my datapoints only go back 3 years.
Couldn't hurt to try...

When in doubt, ask a FA that you've developed a camadraderie with for sitting in Y? :P
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
I received the fast track invitation in Business Class on board on the IAD-LHR flight that landed around 8:30 pm last week - it was extremely valuable -- the Fast Track line had ~10 people in it. The regular line probably had 500+ people and was moving very slowly - I'm sure it saved me over an hour of waiting time.
Except when UA forgets to load them. A few months ago on IAH-LHR they neglected to do so, but as we exited, the jetway agent said "Don't worry, just show them your boarding pass at the Fast Track lane." At the Fast Track lane, however, the helpful agent refused any effort to be shown the boarding pass, saying "If you don't have a Fast Track paper, I can't let you use this lane."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.