Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anybody have EQMs post from purchases on the Chase MP Signature Visa this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody have EQMs post from purchases on the Chase MP Signature Visa this year?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wmute
Hmm, my bonus miles posted from March (post 4/8) and April (post 5/8) billing periods, but no EQM/PQMs from those months (~3k). Hope they fix this soon.

If/when they do post, you might want to see if those PQMs are included in your total PQMs. Some of my Chase PQMs posted on March 31, but the total PQMs was never updated to include them! How can a computer be so poorly programmed that it can't even add?
Old May 17, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Quick Chase response

Thanks to this thread, I checked my own balance and saw that I hadn't gotten any EQM for a purchase a couple of months later. I sent Chase a message through my account page asking about it; two days later, I got this reply:

Review of the account confirms that two eligible
www.united.com purchases from January and February did not
report Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM). I have sent a
request to MileagePlus to add a total of 493 PQM. Please
allow 5-7 business days for correction.
I'll report back at the end of next week if that happened.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by DCBob
If/when they do post, you might want to see if those PQMs are included in your total PQMs. Some of my Chase PQMs posted on March 31, but the total PQMs was never updated to include them! How can a computer be so poorly programmed that it can't even add?

Same thing happened for me until tonight. Some United ticket purchases I made with the United Chase Platinum VISA in 3/2012 did not post Chase PQMs until about a week ago, backdated to 3/31 of course. It was a line item post in my Mileage Plus account, but the total overall PQM YTD was not updated to include them. This lasted an entire week this past week until tonight, when the total PQM YTD has finally corrected to include the March PQMs.

Same thing happened with my February purchases posting in April but backdated to 2/29.

Going by these time frames, I suspect April charges will therefore post on 5/31.....May charges will post on 6/30.....and so on......
Old May 18, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Yep, looks like my yearly total has been updated as well.
Old May 19, 2012, 4:58 am

The 325 miles that "posted" on 3/31 but didn't update my total have now actually posted, like others are reporting.
Old May 19, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
My March PQMs finally posted but didn't update my total. What I noticed is that my statement ending April 10 is xxx elite miles, and the statement beginning April 11 is less by the number of Chase PQMs that posted, resulting in a net 0 gain.
Old May 20, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Used to be that a UA.com purchase showed up in the Chase statement as coming from Elk Grove and that was a good indicator that you would receive the EQM. Now everything shows up on my statement as made from Houston. Don't know when that changed happened, but wouldn't surprise me if this is another "bug" and that they are having trouble differentiating between .com and non.com purchases.
Old May 20, 2012, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Used to be that a UA.com purchase showed up in the Chase statement as coming from Elk Grove and that was a good indicator that you would receive the EQM. Now everything shows up on my statement as made from Houston. Don't know when that changed happened, but wouldn't surprise me if this is another "bug" and that they are having trouble differentiating between .com and non.com purchases.
I also had one UA purchase show from Rosemont, IL this year.
Old May 20, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by penner42
I also had one UA purchase show from Rosemont, IL this year.
Actually, you're right, it was Rosemont and not Elk Grove as I thought in my earlier post. I knew it was somewhere in Illinois. But all of my UA.com purchases in April showed Houston.
Old May 20, 2012, 6:00 pm

My UA purchases from 3/12 posted today. Correct number of PQM's (actually a few more than there should have been, but who's complaining about that?!), total updated properly. I flew SFO to DFW (PQM's posted within 48 hours).
Old May 20, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EVP, United 1K and 2MM, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Delta
Originally Posted by agprint
My UA purchases from 3/12 posted today. Correct number of PQM's (actually a few more than there should have been, but who's complaining about that?!), total updated properly. I flew SFO to DFW (PQM's posted within 48 hours).
As is typical in the new SHARES world of randomness- out of just under $4K of UA spend YTD I have had one post of PQM crediting ~600 purchased in Feb. Everything else MIA.

Brings a whole new meaning to YMMV - maybe after 3/3 we should just say Your Mileage Will Vary
Old May 20, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by johnru36
As is typical in the new SHARES world of randomness- out of just under $4K of UA spend YTD I have had one post of PQM crediting ~600 purchased in Feb. Everything else MIA.

Brings a whole new meaning to YMMV - maybe after 3/3 we should just say Your Mileage Will Vary

Still no PQMs for me at all and no response yet from Chase since they said they were sending my inquiry to the correct department for research.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Avis Pref Plus, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Still no PQMs for me at all and no response yet from Chase since they said they were sending my inquiry to the correct department for research.
Similar for me. My pre-merger UA spend posted just fine, but absolutely none of the PQMs from my United purchases post-3/3 have posted.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Don't know when that changed happened, but wouldn't surprise me if this is another "bug" and that they are having trouble differentiating between .com and non.com purchases.
This seems to be a real issue. I called Chase the other day to initiate some sort of resolution to the PQM posting issue. the agent reviewed with me all my UA purchases since 3/3 and I had to indicate to her which were on ua.com and which were not. I had both types and it did not seem as though she could tell by looking at the transaction. This is troubling since it suggests a more systemic problem.
Old May 24, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I emailed MP about the bad math that resulted after March PQMs posted in May. (See post #126.) Didn't get a reply, but my total is finally right through March 29.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.