Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anybody have EQMs post from purchases on the Chase MP Signature Visa this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody have EQMs post from purchases on the Chase MP Signature Visa this year?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
PQM posted accurately, on-time, and with no hassle

Originally Posted by N515CR
It was slightly better up until 3/3, meaning that they would likely post, but usually not until the end of the 6-8 weeks. It started getting worse the 2nd half last year (IME), and I had to be more proactive with Chase. This year, I had to absolutely hound them (Chase).

This seems to be the trend with anything related to COdbaUA.
The PQMs for the last UA ticket I've booked just posted on time, in the correct amount, and...gasp...without me having to contact Chase.

Even .bomb shows this as "Non Airline Activity" making the audit a bit easier...finally a 'change' I do like!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by N515CR
The PQMs for the last UA ticket I've booked just posted on time, in the correct amount, and...gasp...without me having to contact Chase.

Even .bomb shows this as "Non Airline Activity" making the audit a bit easier...finally a 'change' I do like!
Why on earth can't the PQMs post at the same time as the RDMs? I'd love someone from Chase or United to explain this mystery to me. I won't consider the PQMs on time until they post when the RDMs post.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I got a big chunk of my PQMs post at the end of June but still seems to fall short of my spend for the year. I should make well more of the 5000 spend this year so I figure it will even out on the end and just let it ride. At least we can SEE the postings now!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Does the Chase Signature Visa that has the $60 annual fee get PQMs as well? Chase is telling me it does not, just the straight 1mile for each dollar. I see a lot of comments about the Select vs. Signature. I thought I used to get the PQMs but I could be wrong.

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by JC5280
Does the Chase Signature Visa that has the $60 annual fee get PQMs as well? Chase is telling me it does not, just the straight 1mile for each dollar. I see a lot of comments about the Select vs. Signature. I thought I used to get the PQMs but I could be wrong.

Thanks!
I have the Select which definitely does and is just a version of the Signiture with more benefits for an extra $35 dollars annually. If I remember correctly the regular signiture does get EQMs but the best way to check for the most up to date info is to log into you Chase online account and open up your cc terms and conditions, which will outline all of the benefits you should currently be receiving.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by JC5280

Thanks!
Keep in mind these reps are dealing with dozens of different card products and don't really understand them without reading the TCs themselves. Also, I would think it is likely they might not know that PQMs = EQMs from the old United, so in a straight reading of the TCs they may say "no, you don't get PQMs"

However, I do know that the original $140 annual fee Signature Card I had at the time was the EQM generating one. The the Select version came out and the annual fee dropped to $95 but some benefits got dropped. I think there was a lower Signature that was not an EQM earning card.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I've got the Signature card that earns PQMs.

The wording on the Chase site says "And you can earn up to 5,000 PQMs every year on all purchases made at united.com.", so it would imply I'd get PQMs for gift certificate purchases on united.com, correct?

It also says "You'll earn miles every time you use your card. Triple Miles on United ticket purchases and double miles on eligible gas, groceries and dining purchases. You'll also get double miles on travel with Star Alliance partners." So gift certificate purchases would NOT get triple RDMs because they are not ticket purchases, correct?

Last edited by BangkokTraveler; Jul 11, 2012 at 10:27 am
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I contacted Chase via secure message yesterday to ask for the remainder of the 5000 I was due. Autoresponse said I'd hear back in 7 business days. Sounds like UA and Chase have aligned their response SLAs
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I contacted Chase via secure message yesterday to ask for the remainder of the 5000 I was due. Autoresponse said I'd hear back in 7 business days. Sounds like UA and Chase have aligned their response SLAs
So I heard back this morning. They said they'd deposit the remaining 458 PQMs.

Login to my Mileage Plus account and 458 RDMs have been deposited...

Ugh... try again, Chase/UA.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: UAL 1P
Still waiting on about 3k of missing PQMs. I contacted Chase via secure messaging about a month ago (then 8 weeks post billing) and they basically said to wait longer. Still nothing. Newer purchases seem to post PQMs, but things from the March/April billing cycle still haven't.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
PQM's from last month posted at the same time as my RDM's, but the PQM's from March are still MIA. Sent a SM to Chase. Let's see what happens.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Just got off the phone with Chase CS. I was told that Chase/United does not offer any cards that award PQM(EQM) and that the 5000 miles bonus when reaching $35,000 in spending is no longer given. My question, does the United Club Card have these benifits or not? Does any card?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by Doug 1029
Just got off the phone with Chase CS. I was told that Chase/United does not offer any cards that award PQM(EQM) and that the 5000 miles bonus when reaching $35,000 in spending is no longer given. My question, does the United Club Card have these benifits or not? Does any card?
The Club Card does not have this benefit.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I have the United MileagePlus Select Card. Chase is violating the terms of the credit card agreement. In my agreement, it states: "PQM/miles will be automatically transferred to your MileagePlus account at the end of each billing cycle." This has NEVER happened to me. I received my RDMs for the billing cycle ended 6/17/2012 on that date. But I am still waiting for my PQMs!

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
I've got the Signature card that earns PQMs.

The wording on the Chase site says "And you can earn up to 5,000 PQMs every year on all purchases made at united.com.", so it would imply I'd get PQMs for gift certificate purchases on united.com, correct?

It also says "You'll earn miles every time you use your card. Triple Miles on United ticket purchases and double miles on eligible gas, groceries and dining purchases. You'll also get double miles on travel with Star Alliance partners." So gift certificate purchases would NOT get triple RDMs because they are not ticket purchases, correct?

No, that is NOT correct. You should get both PQMs and RDMs. You did not read the LEGAL rules and regulations, just a consumer-friendly summary with no legally binding authority.

Click on the link to read the rules and regulations, which state:

"You will earn 3 miles for each $1 of Net Purchases made directly from United (excluding purchases made onboard). ("Net Purchases" means purchases of goods and services made by you or any authorized user on your account minus any returns or refunds)." For PQMs, the only added restriction is that the Net Purchases have to be made at United.com. There is a restriction prohibiting earning miles for "cash-like charges, such as travelers cheques, foreign currency, and money orders," but no mention is made of gift certificates, which arguably are not "cash-like" because they are restricted as to where and how you can redeem them.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 20, 2012 at 11:14 am Reason: merge
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: UA gold
I have a Visa Signature card and was just given what I hope is authoritative information from Chase about PQM transfers:

united.com purchases are logged at the closing date of your statement and sent to United on the last day of the month.

5k PQM when you reach $35k spend is sent over with other miles on the last day of the month once you reach $35k independent of the statement closing date.

It takes four to six days for United to post the PQMs.

We'll see if this is all true—my closing date is the 8th of the month and I haven't seen the united.com PQM from a purchase made in the last statement. I just crossed $35k in spend. According to the info I was given I should see a chunk of miles post to my account sometime between 9/6 and 9/10.

…..
The 5k PQM bonus for 35k spend posted around 9/12. The PQM from my last united.com purchase posted 9/18, the day after I called Chase because it had been six weeks and two statement closings since the purchase.

Last edited by sfmaus; Sep 18, 2012 at 8:54 pm Reason: Follow up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.