Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Insider Posts/Responses to System Integration Issues [READ ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Insider Posts/Responses to System Integration Issues [READ ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:17 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by Jet Yi
While SILVERWING is accepted, I can't find any case where zone fares are quoted. Seems to just provide the same fares available without the SILVERWING offer code.

Is this just a transition issue or are the zone fares no longer available.

On a related note can we use the Chase Credit Card Companion Zone Fares via online booking now and if so what's the process to access those fares?
Hi Jet Yi, we're looking into this. Separately, we'll also check on the Chase Credit Card Companion Zone Fares.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:47 pm

Hello All,

Just a quick note. The “128-bit encryption with a strong cipher” SSL issue is a known issue that we are working actively to resolve. In the meantime, please try using a web browser other than IE9, such as Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

Please refer to the Master Thread for updates.

As always, thank you for your feedback and support.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:40 pm

Hi Everyone, as some of you have reported, we are seeing sporadic cases where pre-assigned seats were lost. Please be sure to confirm your seat assignments online at united.com. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by dpdapper
Shannon,

Are you saying that lost seat assignments will NOT be restored as the bugs are worked out of the system--i.e., that the current state of assigned seats showing online is the final state? If so, I will be very cranky if my transcon exit row aisle seats are NLA.

I look forward to a definitive reply.

PS I PM'd you on this earlier today.
Correct,

We have a process that will be running to reassign seats. If your original seats are not available, it will place you in the best seats available like seat. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

-Carlos F.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

UPDATE: I want my EUA! I think its still down. lol
Hi demkr, this process was just turned back on (minutes ago). I will update this in the master thread too.

Shannon
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by FormerAmtrakTraveler
Can you double confirm you cleared into ON on Sunday, for flight Thu in a 2-class PMUA aircraft? If so, then this is proof those of us waitlisted in ON don't have to worry about getting this fixed and moving it to R.
Originally Posted by rch4u
I'm still very concerned about the R vs. ON mess. I have a waitlisted upgrade (says ON inventory) for Friday on IAD-SAN (757 with 16 open seats). The inventory should be R - ON isn't even listed as an available fare class since it's a two cabin plane. Who wants to be I get passed over on the upgrade?
Hi FormerAmtrakTraveler and rch4u, we should know more about this issue mid-day and will update the master thread with the latest status.

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I just updated my settings for flight status notifications. The confirmation page has headers for "Email notification delivery preferences" and "Phone cotidication delivery preferences". Hmm, cotidication, sounds vaguely French.
Hi GoAmtrak, thanks. We’ll get this content corrected.

Originally Posted by kb1992
To UA Insider: PMUA issued various e-certificates. However, after 3/3 we ran into some troubles. 20% off systemwide e-certificates are rejected; Dollar off e-certificates: now only allows round trip even though the T&C permits one-ways: 10. Valid Routing: Roundtrip or One way only. Circle trips, or trips with multi-city itineraries are not permitted. You must follow a permitted routing. Could you take a look? Thanks.
Originally Posted by domesticated
Hi, I tried two certificates (one for $200 and the other for $250). Although they seem to work for roundtrip, the new United.com refuses to accept them for one way. Can it be a bug in the system? Thanks a lot! EDIT: Just saw that kb1992 reported the same problem -- sorry for double-post, but just to give one more data point.
Hi kb1992 and domesticated, appreciate you sharing your scenarios. I will add this to the master list and will update a status as soon as we know more.

Originally Posted by linsj
My ORD-SFO flight tomorrow has shown as 767-300 since I booked it--and is still listed as that. But when I checked seats last night, the seat map showed as a 757-200. Then the map changed to a 767 and now it's a 757 again. Can't get through on the phone line to check. So do I believe the type of plane or the seat map? With the plane type, my 3F seat is an aisle; but with the current seat map, it's a window. I wish the website would make up its mind!
Hi linsj, what time is your flight departing? If you’d like to PM us the time, we’d like to look at this example a little closer.

Originally Posted by demosthenes1
Are we really sure the CPU process is working? I now have four flights inside my windows with R>0 and no indication from the seat maps that anyone is getting upgraded. I know--this is the new normal for these systems, but after 18 hours you'd think that something would have budged on at least one of them.
Hi demosthenes1, if you can PM me with your confirmation number, we’d like to research this further.

Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
You build a website that does not allow me to book flights required (i.e. star alliance + ua) and then I can't even ring in and speak to an agent. I realize these are early days - but building an IVR that validates ONLY ON ZIP CODE -- please! Worst business decision for a global airline ever. I am very patent but this is becoming maddening. All of a sudden our top notch service has degraded overnight. Hoping for a quick recovery back to the top.
Hi GlobalSTL, on united.com you can select the “Advanced Search” link from the home page and then use the “Multiple Destinations” option to create a customized routing if you’re wanting to book specific flights. This includes the ability to book both United and Star Alliance operated flights. If there are any particular flights you are unable to find online, please let us know and we’ll b be happy to look at any specific examples.

Shannon
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:28 pm

Has anyone had miles posted for flights? One of my connecting flights from 2/29 did not post.
Hi demkr, I’m afraid that the message that the process to credit flights would be paused for a few days got a bit buried and I should have done a better job highlighting this. This process was turned off just before the integration and is scheduled to be turned on again no later than tomorrow. Once on, it will take a few days to catch up with the backlog. You should then see flights post again at their regular intervals.

Originally Posted by Pat+
UA Insider, any update on reservations marked as "This reservation has been refunded"? I have several reservations that went to "A modification has occurred" to "Refunded". Seat assignments and classes of service do still appear to be intact, though.
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Pat, I've queued this issue to UA Insider as I have this same issue on an end-of-March situation which did have an earlier refund/rebook within 24 hours of original booking. From other views of my PNR, I'm confident that it's a glitch which has not affected the current form of the reservation, but did share my PNR with UA Insider.
Hi Pat+ and Ocn Vw 1K, we’re seeing this happen when you have a confirmation number that was initially cancelled or refunded for one reason or another and then subsequently used for a new flight. The system is reading the status of the first ticket and is displaying these under the “Refunded” section instead of the “Confirmed” section. We will work to correct this logic. But, so long as you see that your flights are intact, there is no need to worry. You are confirmed. We are just displaying it in the wrong section.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
This is a picture of the BP that my friend got at LGA on Sunday night. She's 1K and in F, but got zone 5.
Hi FriendlySkies, we’ll track this issue on the master thread. It should be resolved soon as our final systems run through their updates are brought back online. For example, we’ve seen this happen for customer who checked in before the system ran to update statuses. Because some updates have taken longer than others (as they are running through millions of reservations), the systems were crossing.

Originally Posted by SouthPoleFlyer
1) I have a non reservation: "Flight: to Tak TH (TKT)" under reservations
Hi SouthPoleFlyer, these past date reservations were incorrectly migrated during the conversion. Behind the scenes, these were Apollo reservations that included the code “TKT”, which is the common abbreviation for “ticket”. The new system is decoding this as a city code. The city code is Tak, Thailand, so the system thinks this is a flight reservation.

Originally Posted by donnyb
Flight search is not showing *A partners when I search for flights to FLR, Italy. Instead asks me to switch search to either Milan or Rome. Prior to 3/3 was able to search for FLR and some others. Anyone else having this issue?
Hi donnyb, thanks, I’ve added this to the master thread and we will get this corrected.

Shannon
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
Or... UA is doing something more insidious, such as offering R inventory up until the window, pulling it, running their sweeps, then putting the R inventory back out there.

I personally don't think that's the issue (someone else provided this theory as speculation in another thread), but I also wouldn't put it past the new UA, deliberately or accidentally.
Hi exedra, as you know, the process that clears complimentary upgrades was turned back on yesterday. We’re seeing it work successfully, but, there’s a point of exposure. When it turned back on, it wasn’t able to automatically run on flights where R class inventory was added while the system was “off”. It will eventually catch up as it runs at each interval (e.g. 72 hrs, 48 hrs and 24 hrs out). That said, flights departing Friday, March 9th onward should now be falling into the regular clearance windows. If there are signs of issues, any specific examples you wish to PM us are appreciated.

Originally Posted by FormerAmtrakTraveler
Oh man, that is not funny. I'm still sitting in E+ w/ R9 within 72 hour window, on S-fare. Not sure if EUA is down or it's running but I'm on S-fare. Dear UA Insider, any update on this issue and the ON one? Thanks.
Originally Posted by amartin1979
I'm obeserving the same phenomenonon on my flights. R availability days in advance, yet no upgrades are processed until the gate. EUA does not appear to be working for elites. Upsell offers continue to be offered at check-in, however.
Hi FormerAmtrakTraveler and amartin1979, if you’d like to PM us your confirmation number, we’d like to research these further to determine if they fall within the scenario above or something else.

Shannon
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
UAInsider: A tremendous advantage to the PMUA "My itineraries" page was the display of partner record locators, making it easy to assign seats on other Star Alliance carriers. This function is now gone. Please work to bring it back.
Hi MatthewLAX, thanks for identifying this issue. We’re looking into this and I’ve added it to the master thread.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
My PQM's (~18,000) are all gone from this year, too, though my 6 PQS are still showing properly. I had both CO and UA accounts. My SO, who just had the MP account, has her correct PQM and PQS showing, though she only had an MP account before. This makes my tracker look sad - was almost 80% to Premier Silver already by end Feb, which is record speed for me. Now, it looks more like 20%.
Originally Posted by navi-c
So logged in and saw all the PMUA PQMs gone. Freaked out, but then got caught up on todays posts here and see it is wide spread. Luckily, I've had lots of training keeping up with enormous threads on FT (thank you trick it!) but I can't imagine what folks who aren't plugged into this thread (or even FT in general) must be thinking!
emcampbe and navi-c, as you know, you’re not alone. When we turned on the system to start crediting flight miles again, we started to see reports of PQM’s changing. We’re working to identify the root cause for this and will keep the status updated in the master list in post #1.

Originally Posted by username
I asked Alex and...

You Asked: How come UA Insider has not provided any update on Flyertalk.com?

Alex: I'm not sure I understand, please try rewording your question.
Hi username, UA Insider’s answer is, “simply not enough hours in the day.”

Shannon
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I can't see any LX options on several routes that they fly.. Also having issues with NZ.
Hi FriendlySkies, as of this afternoon, rewards on Swiss should now fully be functioning again. Are you still having trouble with NZ?

Shannon
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by ElieW
I have a trans atlantic flight on Sunday night. The res shows departure at 10:40pm and 4:50am arrival. The flight status shows everything an hour later (note: that’s the scheduled time. It's not a delay). Should that be the case, I won't make my connecting flight Monday morning. Guess it's another call to support.
Originally Posted by rwsteelers
Same problem - UA110 EWR-LHR on Sunday scheduled 7:05 pm departure, now showing as scheduled 8:05 on flight status, however schedule (reservation search) still reflects correct 7:05
Hi ElieW and rwsteelers, as you and others have noted, we’ve had some time discrepancies reported today. The issue is related to daylight savings time this weekend. The correct scheduled time for your flight is the one you see when you view your reservation on united.com. The time you see under “Check Flight Status” is what is incorrect. We’re working with priority to correct this.

Originally Posted by SeattleFred
I received an email telling me that my RPU-waitlisted upgrade had cleared for my upcoming p.s. flight. (The email had the confusing Subject line: United Airlines Waitlist Notification for Confirmation.) All good except the departure time shown on the upgrade email is an hour later than the actual scheduled departure time. Perhaps another daylight savings time issue.
Hi SeattleFred, the time issue is the same one noted above. But, agree with you that there’s opportunity for us to improve the subject line of the email. Thanks for pointing this out.

Originally Posted by hobo13
Cannot print SWU's for use on LH.... no estimate given for when this will be fixed.
Hi hobo13, this ability to request that GPUs be printed to paper for use on LH is not available on united.com, but, our Contact Centers have a procedure for this. If you're still having trouble getting this printed for use on LH, please PM us.

Does anyone notice the app doesn't show upgrade lists for regional jets?
Hi demkr, now that we’re on a single system this is on deck as something that we’ll work to add.

Originally Posted by colpuck
An e-mail I sent to 1Kvoice Dear Sir. I keep trying to apply a GPU(SWU) to my EWR-HNL flight on 5/27. PNR [redacted]. Now the elite line and the electronic support desk keep telling me that there is a fare class requirement on that flight. Except according to the website, http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/default.aspx, and see attached screen shot there is no fare class requirement listed. What can be done to get this fixed?
Hi colpuck, we’ve put some fixes in to correct some of the RPU / GPU redemption issues on united.com, but, if this is failing due to a fare class restriction in this market, then we may have another bug. As you referenced, GPUs should not be restricted to HNL. We’ll get this message to our support desks as well.

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Silly me for actually flying. If I had known what a mess it would cause for me to give them $$$ I would have passed on the trip entirely. Thanks for the link, but despite what they say that: "Eliminated error messages stating that a reservation needs to be reissued". It is patently untrue in my case. My reservation in June still shows: ! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued. This reservation was ticketed and confirmed on Sat., Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:51 a.m. Central Time.
Hi Pat89339, if you’d like to PM us with your confirmation number, we’d be happy to research this further. While most of these have reservations been corrected, there are still a few use cases out there that we’re working to identify.

Originally Posted by gusd
UA Insider, Here's something I noticed while searching for flights to Europe. If I check "Lowest Available Fare" under advanced search, the lowest fare displayed is higher than if I search by a specific fare class, for example S. I don't know if this was also the case with continental.com or if it's the result of the integration. I thought I'd just point it out.
Hi gusd, I tried to recreate this, but, the markets I tried worked nicely. If you’d like to share the markets and dates you were trying, we can take a closer look at what’s happening.

Originally Posted by redwoman
Shannon, Things are starting to look up, thanks to you and the UA team. Back to 1K from Platinum today as PMUA EQMs migrated over. But my PQMs were deposited from a flight I took on 3/5, then a deduction (2758) taking them away immediately. Has anyone else reported that? I won't worry about it if it's a known issue.
Hi redwoman, yes, as you and some others have noted, some of these PQMs still need to be restored. We are aware and continue to work on this. Thanks for sharing your example.

Originally Posted by wxguy
With PMUA, when a MP member's status was upgraded after a trip was ticketed, it was necessary to have the MP number deleted and re-entered into the PNR for that reservation to reflect the new status. Must this be done on Shares?
Hi wxguy, your status will be updated automatically.

Originally Posted by MtRoot
Will past reservations be updated as well? I'm asking because not all the six flights I took between 3/1-3 have been credited and the problem might be the wrong class. When I tried the online request with the eticket number yesterday, it said that the miles are already credited. . . .
I pulled up the receipt from past itinerary and found that the last three flights are listed as ON class. So I'm guessing that this is the reason why they haven't posted. The third flight is correctly listed as R class, so I'm not sure why this hasn't posted yet.
Hi MtRoot got your PM on this. Thanks for sending over the details. We’ll take a closer look and I’ll update the master thread over the weekend with any details.

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
ability to cancel award tickets via the website: cool! apparently losing all associated miles with said cancelled award: not cool
Hi aCavalierInCoach, I don’t think I’m following the situation you’re experiencing. If you have any other details you’d like to post or PM us, I’m interested to see if there is an error here or if we need to improve the experience.

Shannon
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer
UAInsider: Simple question: There are dozens of reports of 1K's NOT being on the upgrade list on the day of departure. What is going on there? It is extremely frustrating that 100K mile flyers cannot just get an answer (even if it is "its broke") to such a fundamental part of the program. I know you are buried with issues but If I were to stack rank the ones causing the most ill-will and stress this would be #1. Can your team address this issue? If you came back and say "Sorry, 1K's and GS's are now not eligible for gate upgrades but everyone else is" that's fine...I can deal with facts but the "theories" we are seeing and lack of a direct statement is making this much more stressful than it needs to be.
Hi avidflyer, we’re continuing to look into the examples being reported where complimentary upgrades are not always being processed. We’ve made progress here, but, there are still some cases we’re working to identify and resolve.

One use case we’re running across lately is that, by design, the system that clears complimentary upgrades stops when it tries to clear the next customer in line, and for one reason or another, cannot complete the upgrade. This most often happens, when the reservation in question needs to be reissued. Normally, this is a rare occurrence. But, as has been noted in the master thread, one side effect of the migration is that we have many more reservations than normal out there with the “A modification has been made …” message.

If you’re in a window where seats are available and upgrades should be clearing, please continue to PM us your examples. With these details, we’ll try to get anything unstuck that may be preventing the system from running as well as identify any other trends that we need to fix.

Shannon
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:55 pm

UA Resolution to Mileage Distance Discrepancies post 3/3

Hi Everyone, thanks for your patience while we evaluated this topic further. I can assure you that this was an innocent change and no harm or financial gain was intended. Because mileage calculations are used throughout the company for a variety of purposes, we’ve taken the past week to look at the downline implications.

After evaluating all the considerations surrounding this change, we have decided to revert to the mileage calculation methodology that United used prior to our system conversion. We will restart the flight crediting process tomorrow. The process will capture flights flown since March 6, so it may take a few days for all your flights to appear. Within a few weeks, we will also re-process flights that were credited to accounts March 1-5 (including retroactive credit).

Shannon

[moderator edit] This was taken from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...solved-ua.html

Last edited by J.Edward; Mar 13, 2012 at 4:05 pm
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by mghorton
Sitting at SFO right now after spending 45 minutes checking in with kind-hearted but exhausted UA INTL agents.

They made phone calls to higher ups, they called for a supervisor, they called HQ. Bottom line: upgradable fares using SWU that do not clear 24 hours before departure ARE NOT moved to the gate upgrade standby list at check-in. If you don't clear before check-in opens, you WILL NOT be given the opportunity to clear later.

The ONLY waitlisted passengers that are being moved to the gate upgrade waitlist are MILES + MONEY.

In addition, if the check-in counter puts you on the waitlist, they will REMOVE you.

Despite the fact that we are told we will be moved to the waitlist, it is deliberately not happening. In my case, I received an email and confirmed by telephone that all I had to do was check in and I would get on the standby list to get my shot.

They KNOW we are being told otherwise. But the reality is not what has been advertised and put into writing.

UA Insider, we need answers on this.

In my case, I paid for an upgradable W fare and they took my SWU from my account in DECEMBER.

This is a dealbreaker for me.
Hi mghorton, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I want to ensure you, and anyone else who may hear this, that this is absolutely not the case. I'm sorry you were misadvised. If you redeem a mileage upgrade award, Regional Premier Upgrade (RPU) or Global Premier Upgrade (GPU) and don’t clear the waitlist within 24 hours of your flight, the system will automatically place you on the upgrade standby list when you check-in. We are in process of getting some good information into the hands of our co-workers to ensure that this process is understood.

To offer a bit of background, I think where the confusion has come into play is that, previously United customers could request to upgrade using a systemwide or regional upgrade on the spot, at the airport. Now, if space is not available, these requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance either online or over the phone. I'm afraid some took this to mean that being put on the upgrade standby list at the airport was no longer possible. This is an incorrect interpretation. So long as you’ve redeemed the mileage, RPU or GPU in advance, then you should be on the standby list. We're working to get this message re-communicated.

Shannon
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
Shannon, what was the reasoning behind eliminating the ability to request an upgrade "on the spot" at the airport using an instrument? It seemed to work fine in the past.....
Originally Posted by pagotto
Shannon, Thanks - that's good to hear. But could you possibly clarify why the new United has chosen to go to a more restrictive policy from the previous ability to apply upgrade requests on the spot and whether work is in process to go back to the more customer-friendly approach? Thanks

Hi halls120 and pagotto, your both right. Previously, on the United side, there was a good process for this. All in all it’s much more a systems constraint than it is a business decision. The short answer is, we simply don’t have the right tools and process in place to support this at the moment. That’s not to say that we don’t want to get there though.

Shannon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.