Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Frankly, this is not an acceptable solution. The reason that I pay my money 6 months prior to travel is so that I can get the seats that I want. Now, in a mere few hours of incompetence, I and dozens of others lose our seats and all we get is a "sorry".
Unfortunately, no airline I know guarantees any seat assignment. Your ticket entitles you to some seat on the flight, in the class of service you bought, but not any specific seat within that cabin. Seat assignment is an accommodation, not a "right."

I've had situations where i've been randomly moved the middle seat at the last minute (i.e. gate) to accommodate couples and/or families.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Easier to say than to experience, but seat assignment is not guaranteed. Got hit with this in the past week when an itin for MAD-EWR was moved from row 21 to 20. Both exit row, but now non-reclining. It is what it is.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by edcho
Unfortunately, no airline I know guarantees any seat assignment. Your ticket entitles you to some seat on the flight, in the class of service you bought, but not any specific seat within that cabin. Seat assignment is an accommodation, not a "right."

I've had situations where i've been randomly moved the middle seat at the last minute (i.e. gate) to accommodate couples and/or families.
All the more reason that they should give us our seats back since whoever grabbed my seats (plural) doesn't really have a guarantee and I had them assigned for 4 months while they have only had them for less than a day. So, now they have my party separated all over the cabin and there is nothing I can do about it.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1 MM
I am trying to find out if the paper SWUs for LH still apply. New united.com seems to have nothing about it; actually, it seems to have the old CO OnePass policies only. Thx.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC

It's one thing to read the legal terms and another to provide good customer sevice. True, seat assignments are not guaranteed and UA has a good case in court. But a service company should do what's necessary to make customers happy.

A few years ago when I was GS, I got 9000 RDMs for losing an upgraded seat on a two hour flight because the equipment was swapped to a one class TED. I didn't care while in flight and never complained. The bonus miles were deposited automatically, followed by an apology email from the GS customer service. Based on your logic, UA should never have done that.

Of course, that was before Mr Smisek's reign. Good old times.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:40 pm

Question United Continental Holdings

Will UCH be renamed back to UAL Corporation now that the two subsidiaries are under one PSS? UC Holdings will now [soon?] hold only one subsidiary? Or will sUA and sCO still be around internally to designate the different workgroups until joint contracts are completed?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by naumank
It's one thing to read the legal terms and another to provide good customer sevice. True, seat assignments are not guaranteed and UA has a good case in court. But a service company should do what's necessary to make customers happy.

A few years ago when I was GS, I got 9000 RDMs for losing an upgraded seat on a two hour flight because the equipment was swapped to a one class TED. I didn't care while in flight and never complained. The bonus miles were deposited automatically, followed by an apology email from the GS customer service. Based on your logic, UA should never have done that.

Of course, that was before Mr Smisek's reign. Good old times.
I've never received that high of a customer service from CO (only as a Diamond from Hyatt). I'm sure as a GS/PP, you still would receive that high level of CS but I feel like CS is being less and less emphasized as all legacy carriers try to nickel and dime everything. Like I said on previous threads, as these companies grow and grow, they will become to big to care.

So for me, the norm is not to expect CS but at-least protect yourself legally.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I've never received that high of a customer service from CO (only as a Diamond from Hyatt). I'm sure as a GS/PP, you still would receive that high level of CS but I feel like CS is being less and less emphasized as all legacy carriers try to nickel and dime everything. Like I said on previous threads, as these companies grow and grow, they will become to big to care.

So for me, the norm is not to expect CS but at-least protect yourself legally.
Agreed. My experience on CO has been negative, though I have recently found the service on the original UA improving.

I do sympathize with the folk who lost his seats he had selected a few months before. I would be upset if I were in his shoes.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyer_south
I am trying to find out if the paper SWUs for LH still apply. New united.com seems to have nothing about it; actually, it seems to have the old CO OnePass policies only. Thx.
have not heard anything about the process but last September this was posted
Originally Posted by UA Insider
...Hi pterosaur, our Global Premier Upgrades (GPUs) will continue to be valid for use on Lufthansa. We’re still working out the details as to exactly how this gets implemented..
Scott O'Leary
Managing Director, Customer Solutions
United Airlines
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:10 pm
ufo

I just printed a boarding pass for a flight tomorrow, 1K (seated in 7D) and it has boarding group 5 listed. Is this correct or an integration issue?

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: United Gold
I wonder if they knew

Since they are under no legal obligation to guarantee seat assignments, I wonder if they knew people would lose their seats and they just didn't care since there is nothing we could do about it. Maybe the code to preserve seats was too hard to write.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, as some of you have reported, we are seeing sporadic cases where pre-assigned seats were lost. Please be sure to confirm your seat assignments online at united.com. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Good advice . . . if only I could confirm/select seats online. While my originally assigned seats SEA-ORD-LHR-ORD-SEA have all vanished like a fart in the wind (great line from The Shawshank Redemption), I'm not able confirm/change/select seats online for three of the four legs. Now on hold for 68 minutes and counting.

Marc
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold
PIN overwritten

The integration somehow overwrote my original OnePass account PIN such that I can't login to my account using either my United.com MP password or original OnePass PIN. Website error tells me to contact Mileage Plus service center. Still on hold for an agent after 3 hours..

The automated system via phone does report the correct combined redeemable miles balance but when prompted for PIN, the PIN that I enter registers as incorrect. Has anyone experienced a similar problem regarding account login?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cancelled Award Tkt Came Back/Does XN WL in X?

Other than the now resolved 128 bit problem and the "modification has occurred" problems...I have an interesting problem...

An award reservation on *A that I had cancelled on United showed up after the conversion! Strange thing is it is a *A one way award, only the last (3rd) segment showed up.

Also, if I am confirmed on XN (elite award seat) and want to take another flight, should I be waitlisted for XN or just X?

Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Plat, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite
The system let me upgrade a B fare today. I was expecting to have to wait for a couple days before it would allow this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.