Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
There is no "bonus" for using a United card at the M+ Shopping portal. You get the stated miles (RDMs only - ex: 6 miles per dollar) posted from the shopping activity.

Separately, you get miles for the spend on your credit card...probably 1 mile per dollar. It is not considered as a United purchase for 1.5 or 2 miles per dollar, like if you buy an airline ticket.

There is no "bonus" PQD either.
Thanks, but my question was not how portals work in general. It was specifically around the higher portal pay out for people that have a registered Chase MP card linked to their account. I am not sure if you knew this but the portal should pay out a higher number of points per dollar for people that have that card linked. My question is if it does it automatically or something else I need to do. I'm sure someone will weigh in.

BTW, I use cash back monitor to tell me the difference between the payout with a UACC versus the pay out with no UACC.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Newgene
It was specifically around the higher portal pay out for people that have a registered Chase MP card linked to their account. I am not sure if you knew this but the portal should pay out a higher number of points per dollar for people that have that card linked.
What makes you believe that this is the case? Where do you see it documented?

AFAIK, the "extra miles" are just the miles you earn from the purchase itself, not additional miles from the portal. I don't see anything to the contrary on the website.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:14 pm

If you log into MP Shopping and click the "How It Works" link from the top menu, you should see

As a MileagePlus Credit Card member, you can earn an average of 25% more bonus miles on top of the standard offer at most stores.
I think you need to make sure that your MP CC is in the United.com profile as the default payment type. That's how it decides to give out the benefit across UA, including MP shopping and free bag, as well as XN booking for saver awards.

Comparing to my spouse's MP shopping account, sometimes I earn 2 miles/$ while she earns 1 mile/$. There is no additional bonus, but the rate is higher for MP CC holders at some stores.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B747SP
I think you need to make sure that your MP CC is in the United.com profile as the default payment type. That's how it decides to give out the benefit across UA, including MP shopping and free bag, as well as XN booking for saver awards.

Comparing to my spouse's MP shopping account, sometimes I earn 2 miles/$ while she earns 1 mile/$. There is no additional bonus, but the rate is higher for MP CC holders at some stores.
OK, thanks for this. I'd thought I'd seen something like that before, but it's extremely well hidden.

OP: I just compared the rates I got offered at the same store while logged in and logged out. I picked the Aveda store, and it offered me 5 miles / $ when logged in and 3 when logged out. There was nothing on the listing for Aveda that indicated that it was any kind of bonus offer. I thought 5 was just their standard amount.

You can try that as a test, or just look at your United account when you're logged in. If you mouse over the '?' icon near the expiration date on the main United.com page, it should give you a Thank You message for being a cardholder and it will tell you that your miles don't expire.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by B747SP
If you log into MP Shopping and click the "How It Works" link from the top menu, you should see

So, I just changed my primary CC to the MPE, and it is still showing what I believe is the lower rate. For example, I only see 0.5 points/$ at Target. I assume it is 1 pt for card holders. Can anyone else verify which one they see?

https://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/target/

I use that link for example to find current portal deals, but for some reason, nothing I do shows the higher values on any site. Sure, it's a 3rd party site, but it has always worked for me, or so I thought.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan
OK, thanks for this. I'd thought I'd seen something like that before, but it's extremely well hidden.

OP: I just compared the rates I got offered at the same store while logged in and logged out. I picked the Aveda store, and it offered me 5 miles / $ when logged in and 3 when logged out. There was nothing on the listing for Aveda that indicated that it was any kind of bonus offer. I thought 5 was just their standard amount.

You can try that as a test, or just look at your United account when you're logged in. If you mouse over the '?' icon near the expiration date on the main United.com page, it should give you a Thank You message for being a cardholder and it will tell you that your miles don't expire.
Yeah, it's weird, I moused over the "?," and get this:

Thank you for being a Chase MileagePlus cardmember. Your miles will not expire as long as your credit card account is active, your annual membership fee has been paid and the card is not in default. Upon cancellation of your credit card account, your miles will expire in accordance with the MileagePlus program rules.

BTW, the big carrier portals (i.e. UA, WN, AA, etc.) are all paying a holiday bonus through around 11/19 or 11/20. So, I would use these portals over BeFrugal, Ebates, Plenti, etc. if you have any online shopping to do.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, I just changed my primary CC to the MPE, and it is still showing what I believe is the lower rate. For example, I only see 0.5 points/$ at Target. I assume it is 1 pt for card holders. Can anyone else verify which one they see?
Confirmed; I see 1 mile / dollar at Target.

Yeah, it's weird, I moused over the "?," and get this:
OK, so United knows you who are, but Cartera (who manages the Shopping site) must not. My "My account" page does show the 'average of 25% more bonus miles' message at the top of it, BTW, so that's another place to look.

I guess I'd write to MileagePlus Shopping customer service, say that you're a MP credit card member, and ask them to update your account. Their customer service team is actually pretty responsive. There's a contact link at the bottom of the portal site.

Hope this helps...
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan
Confirmed; I see 1 mile / dollar at Target.

OK, so United knows you who are, but Cartera (who manages the Shopping site) must not. My "My account" page does show the 'average of 25% more bonus miles' message at the top of it, BTW, so that's another place to look.

I guess I'd write to MileagePlus Shopping customer service, say that you're a MP credit card member, and ask them to update your account. Their customer service team is actually pretty responsive. There's a contact link at the bottom of the portal site.

Hope this helps...
You read my mind. I just sent the question through the contact link that you use for missing points. We'll see if they can sort it out. I've had the card for 2 months, and my recent purchases tracked at the lower rate. Thanks for confirming.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
MP Shopping - is anyone else having problems?

Starting about two months ago, I used to receive an email from MP shopping soon after I made a purchase, stating that "We have been notified about your order," but this seams to have stopped. I've made a few MP purchases over the past three weeks and none of them generated that message.

I normally wouldn't worry, but I made a pretty large MP Shopping purchase back on 14-Nov-17. In addition to the miles earned from the purchase, there was a MP shopping bonus, which if I recall correctly, I spent over the threshold of $750.00 and should receive 1,500 miles for that on top of the 2X/$.

I haven't seen any of the miles come in yet. In my experience, miles actually normally post within 3-5 business days of making the purchase, but nothing has arrived this time.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by phkc070408
Starting about two months ago, I used to receive an email from MP shopping soon after I made a purchase, stating that "We have been notified about your order," but this seams to have stopped. I've made a few MP purchases over the past three weeks and none of them generated that message.

I normally wouldn't worry, but I made a pretty large MP Shopping purchase back on 14-Nov-17. In addition to the miles earned from the purchase, there was a MP shopping bonus, which if I recall correctly, I spent over the threshold of $750.00 and should receive 1,500 miles for that on top of the 2X/$.

I haven't seen any of the miles come in yet. In my experience, miles actually normally post within 3-5 business days of making the purchase, but nothing has arrived this time.
I got it as recently as a couple days ago for a couple orders I placed, but I didn't get it for a couple orders done last night. I would keep an eye out, but if it doesn't post in a month, I would reach out to Customer Care. They are actually pretty decent.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
The emails do seem to be sporadic.

Note that you can log into your MileagePlus shopping account and see activity in a much better way now. It tracks and logs which sites you have visited, as well as when you make a purchase. If you see the activity there, it should be no problem to eventually get the miles. It does take a couple of days to show up in the activity log though...

Also, the bonus miles will take 6-8 weeks to post.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Note that you can log into your MileagePlus shopping account and see activity in a much better way now. It tracks and logs which sites you have visited, as well as when you make a purchase..
That's pretty cool. I never knew you could do that.

Well, the one only showed that I visited the site, but does not show a purchase. The other two show purchases of the incorrect amount ($0.00). I uploaded the receipts. The two with the incorrect amount should be easy to prove since the order numbers on my receipts match the order numbers that they show.

I hope that they take my word for the one that didn't generate an order at all. I did provide a receipt that has the same date as the day that I ordered the item. The order is worth 2,000 miles, pretty substantial. I do not have a history of making complaints with them.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by phkc070408
That's pretty cool. I never knew you could do that.

Well, the one only showed that I visited the site, but does not show a purchase. The other two show purchases of the incorrect amount ($0.00). I uploaded the receipts. The two with the incorrect amount should be easy to prove since the order numbers on my receipts match the order numbers that they show.

I hope that they take my word for the one that didn't generate an order at all. I did provide a receipt that has the same date as the day that I ordered the item. The order is worth 2,000 miles, pretty substantial. I do not have a history of making complaints with them.
Hopefully it will work out. I have noticed that the tracking of "orders" under the website visits can take some time. Seems to be related to how the vendors report back info to the system. Backorders can muck things up a bit, etc.

It is MUCH better than it used to be when I first started using M+ shopping.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Having made three orders so far at a particular merchant, I can say for sure that purchases at Dell never track correctly. If it's a small amount, Cartera will give you the miles. If it's a large amount, they'll contact Dell who will ignore them for a few months before confirming the order.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:06 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Hopefully this hasn't been asked, and that search isn't broken.

I want to double dip in a couple bonuses. I would like to buy a Best Buy GC at BB with the new Chase Pay promotion for 10x points, and then use that GC to buy some items from BB through mileageplus shopping to take advantage of email I just received (1000 miles after $200 purchase).

Any experience with getting MP credit when paying with a store gift card? I've seen paying through Paypal as counting so i'm guess as long as the qualifying transaction occurs through MP Shopping portal they don't care how you pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.