Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by diburning
Now, are there any other caveats on mileage earnings on flights booked through an OTA vs direct through UA? I've only ever booked directly through UA. If I go through Travelocity to take advantage of this, will I still earn full PQM/PQD?
PQM is independent of ticket stock, but PQD isn't. If all UA then it will still be 016 ticket stock and PQD earning. If other airlines involved then it gets more complex but at a minimum the UA operated flights will earn PQDs
diburning likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I booked through Travelocity tonight. It looks like everything worked fine. The website is showing 2 free bags, so that part worked out OK. So the difference is only .5 miles/dollar for the transaction as you stated, but it will also qualify me for the 1,000 mile bonus being offered by Mileage Plus Shopping right now, so worth the bother.

Travelociy does make it pretty clear that their price is for BE, and that you can upgrade at checkout. The inconvenience is that you can't see the regular economy price until that point. Fortunately I already knew the price from searching on United.com. Thanks for the responses.
Update on this. My charge via Travelocity shows up as a United charge on my Club Card account, with 2X miles/dollar.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Looks like Saks is no longer a partner. They have had generous offerings very recently - surprised they disappeared without warning!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Looks like Saks is no longer a partner. They have had generous offerings very recently - surprised they disappeared without warning!
https://shopping.mileageplus.com/me____.htm?gmid=1880

Seems to be the case, unfortunately.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
I'm seeing Marriott as an option now in the mall at 2 miles per dollar spent, anyone used this yet? I usually book several weeks out, and have had good results using ebates.com
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I'm seeing Marriott as an option now in the mall at 2 miles per dollar spent, anyone used this yet? I usually book several weeks out, and have had good results using ebates.com
Waiting for my points from a recent stay at a Marriott hotel last weekend to post...we'll see how it goes. Because the hotel bookings I have done tend not to be fulfilledfor weeks/months after I have 'shopped' for them, I worry that I am going to end up having to chase down the miles.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:16 am

Update on this. My charge via Travelocity shows up as a United charge on my Club Card account, with 2X miles/dollar.
Follow-up again. Travelocity doesn't post miles until after the travel. I just completed my travel last weekend, so I'm interested to see how long it will take before my miles post. In addition, I'm curious as to how well that miles posting will trigger the bonus that I should have earned.

Does anyone have experience with Travelocity miles and how long it takes for them to post after you complete the travel?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Waiting for my points from a recent stay at a Marriott hotel last weekend to post...we'll see how it goes. Because the hotel bookings I have done tend not to be fulfilledfor weeks/months after I have 'shopped' for them, I worry that I am going to end up having to chase down the miles.
Seems Marriott is gone now. Temporary?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Wouldn't be surprised if they are taken down while the SPG integration gets sorted through.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:51 pm

Follow-up again. Travelocity doesn't post miles until after the travel. I just completed my travel last weekend, so I'm interested to see how long it will take before my miles post. In addition, I'm curious as to how well that miles posting will trigger the bonus that I should have earned.

Does anyone have experience with Travelocity miles and how long it takes for them to post after you complete the travel?
To answer my own question: The miles posted within a week of the completion of my travel.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:47 am

Magazines.com

Quick question about the using the airline portals to generate miles from Magazines.com (currently 50 pts/$ on UA as well as AA)

Anyone have experience cancelling subscriptions right after 90 days? Terms indicate you'd get to keep all the points from the referring portal and youd' be refunded for all remaining issues, which seems to generous to be true. In other words, for a 2 year subscription of a monthly magazine, you'd be refunded at least 7/8 of your initial purchase (but likely higher since these magazines often take a few weeks to begin a subscription).

Just wondering if Cartera (or Magazines.com) has a history of taking back miles or blocking you from future portal usage if you do it too much? I'm sure this is YMMV but any recent data points would be helpful.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
Wouldn't be surprised if they are taken down while the SPG integration gets sorted through.
And indeed it's back. It would be weird that they'd take it down for the integration—and then put it back while their hair is still on fire—but it'd also be a weird coincidence of timing.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:46 pm

I'm a new user to Mileageplus Shopping. I'm just wondering if my situation is normal.
I purchased $40 of goods from JC Penny online. I have received the points in 2 days and I can see the transaction in my history on the MP Shopping portal.
I made another transaction through New Egg for $500. It's been 3 days and I don't see that transaction in my history (nor have I received the points). Is that normal?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The points credit when the order is confirmed to Cartera by the merchant. Some merchants take longer than others.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH, AY, HHonors Gold
A nice feature of MileagePlus Shopping, which doesn't seem to have been mentioned here before, is that it has 0.5 miles/$ for all bookings on Expedia, including flights. This is in contrast to all click-through cashback sites that I'm aware of, which have a small flat reward for flight bookings on Expedia and other third-party booking sites (e.g. $1.25 for Expedia flights on Ebates). For high-priced flights the miles should easily be worth more.

It's not a lot, but it seems like a nice little extra for basically nothing. Do you think this would be enough to justify booking United flights through Expedia rather than directly on the United site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.