Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Mileage Plus Shopping portal - how long to post miles

I've probably seen similar posts in the past, but wondering why it seems the miles NEVER post ?

I can actually see the purchases in the dashboard, but they never post to my MP account - ideas?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by caseminole
I've probably seen similar posts in the past, but wondering why it seems the miles NEVER post ?

I can actually see the purchases in the dashboard, but they never post to my MP account - ideas?
IME they always post, but unable to tell how long it takes. Sometimes it's days, sometimes it's months, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason. I've stopped bothering with it and asking for follow-ups, their answer is always basically "they post when they post" and yes they do post eventually.

If you did several purchases from different stores and NONE has posted in months, I'd contact them though. There could be an issue there.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by mozilla
IME they always post, but unable to tell how long it takes. Sometimes it's days, sometimes it's months, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason. I've stopped bothering with it and asking for follow-ups, their answer is always basically "they post when they post" and yes they do post eventually.

If you did several purchases from different stores and NONE has posted in months, I'd contact them though. There could be an issue there.
It's been just over a month, so i will give it a little time. It's several smaller purchases. You can actually SEE the activity in the shopping portal, so for sure it was tracked.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I normally use Rakuten since I can earn AMEX MR, but are there any digital goods worth buying from the United portal?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I normally use Rakuten since I can earn AMEX MR, but are there any digital goods worth buying from the United portal?
Simple answer is yes.
Look at the retailers on the portal. You can often get between 1 and 10 miles per $. Promos run often.
double dip on some retailers by using the MPX gift card app to facilitate your purchase. E.g. I buy a lot from Petco through the portal. I get 2 miles per $ for that. But I get an extra 5 miles per $ by using a petco mpx gift card to pay.

I earn about 40k miles a year through the UA shopping portal.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:11 pm

Miles posting issue Booking.com via UA Shopping

Greetings,
For some time UA Shopping has had a deal with Booking.com - 3 miles for every pre-tax $ for each reservation. The miles allegedly post 60 days after checkout. I've had many pass the 60 day threshold without posting but got it resolved by requesting missing miles which is starting to get tedious as there are a dozen more still to post. Also their c.s. agents have started to give me the runaround now saying they'll look into it and it could take another 2 months to be resolved.

Off chance anyone else has experienced this?

In the past I have used the AA Shopping site for booking.com res and never had an issue.

Does anyone happen to have an email that would connect me to a clued-in rep?

Cheers.

Jon
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Does anyone know if MP Shopping still runs the occasional 10 miles per $ promotion when shopping at Apple? I used to get the e-mails with the daily promotion updates, but disabled them a while ago. I would see the 10/$ promotion at least once per month.
I'm looking to get a high-end new Mac and would love to get a ton of miles with it.

I saw 4 miles per dollar early last week, but can hold out for 10 if they still offer that promotion once in a while.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by phkc070408
Does anyone know if MP Shopping still runs the occasional 10 miles per $ promotion when shopping at Apple? I used to get the e-mails with the daily promotion updates, but disabled them a while ago. I would see the 10/$ promotion at least once per month.
I'm looking to get a high-end new Mac and would love to get a ton of miles with it.

I saw 4 miles per dollar early last week, but can hold out for 10 if they still offer that promotion once in a while.
You asked the right person. Here's the history of the past MP Shopping Apple promos:

2022-02-24: 4mi/$
2022-03-07: 4mi/$
2022-05-23: 4mi/$
2022-06-27: 4mi/$
2022-08-15: 4mi/$
2022-09-26: 4mi/$
2022-10-31: 4mi/$

My guess is that around xmas there will be another 4mi/$! I haven't seen more than 5mi/$ in many, many years. I'm an avid Apple shopper so I check all the time. So next time you see 4mi/$ buy it.

Source: https://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cash...-rate-history/
Old Nov 9, 2022, 6:10 pm

Great Info. I saw the 4mi/$ on Halloween and was tempted to pull the trigger, but I was holding out for a 10 that I recall seeing in the past.

It's still OK, 4mi/$ on a $6k purchase will still be pretty sweet.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:40 pm

Make sure you read the small print that contains the large list of items (typically newer and/or premium models) that do not qualify for earnings via Apple
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:55 pm

Oh don't worry, I got burned on that a few times to know better. Thanks for the tip though.

In fact, I always take several screenshots as I make the purchase, including the current terms and the final page that usually has the congratulations banner on it. I also take a few in between, basically anything that shows that I properly entered MP shopping. I make sure to screenshot the entire screen to make sure the date in time are included.

Ever since I started that, whenever I have missing miles from shopping, I include one or two of the screenshots with the receipt and I'm yet to be turned down or asked for more information. Only once did they have to dig deeper on the merchants end.
SPN Lifer and SuperKirby like this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 1:28 pm

Does anyone remember when the MP Shopping Holiday Bonus promotion normally starts? It's usually at the very end of October, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.