FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:42 pm
Newgene

Originally Posted by jsloan
OK, thanks for this. I'd thought I'd seen something like that before, but it's extremely well hidden.

OP: I just compared the rates I got offered at the same store while logged in and logged out. I picked the Aveda store, and it offered me 5 miles / $ when logged in and 3 when logged out. There was nothing on the listing for Aveda that indicated that it was any kind of bonus offer. I thought 5 was just their standard amount.

You can try that as a test, or just look at your United account when you're logged in. If you mouse over the '?' icon near the expiration date on the main United.com page, it should give you a Thank You message for being a cardholder and it will tell you that your miles don't expire.
Yeah, it's weird, I moused over the "?," and get this:

Thank you for being a Chase MileagePlus cardmember. Your miles will not expire as long as your credit card account is active, your annual membership fee has been paid and the card is not in default. Upon cancellation of your credit card account, your miles will expire in accordance with the MileagePlus program rules.

BTW, the big carrier portals (i.e. UA, WN, AA, etc.) are all paying a holiday bonus through around 11/19 or 11/20. So, I would use these portals over BeFrugal, Ebates, Plenti, etc. if you have any online shopping to do.