Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:26 am

problems with united mileage plus shopping

I purchased about $200 worth of magazines and other items on magazines.com from the united.com portal. Apparently, my order never got credited for miles, and there was a 40x promotion going on at the time, meaning about 8,000 miles is missing.

According to magazines.com, the portal I used was somehow shopathome.com. I have absolutely no idea how there was an issue since I never used shopathome.com. Do you have any idea what happened?

A supervisor from magazines.com will call me back today to see what can be done with the miles. Have you had any experiences in dealing with them about missing miles? What are my options if things go south and if they do not credit my account?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by samnc0
I purchased about $200 worth of magazines and other items on magazines.com from the united.com portal. Apparently, my order never got credited for miles, and there was a 40x promotion going on at the time, meaning about 8,000 miles is missing.

According to magazines.com, the portal I used was somehow shopathome.com. I have absolutely no idea how there was an issue since I never used shopathome.com. Do you have any idea what happened?

A supervisor from magazines.com will call me back today to see what can be done with the miles. Have you had any experiences in dealing with them about missing miles? What are my options if things go south and if they do not credit my account?
Always had them credit normally. Did you use the MP website, or the app?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:45 am

I used the MP website...I am pretty upset--I want the 40x points!

How long did it take for you to get the credits?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: United Silver
About 90% of my purchases from the United Mileage Plus portal do not get posted. I have to keep a spreadsheet that has all of the information for the purchase with a field that is the order date + 45 (days) so I can manually file the request. To their credit, they have manually awarded all of the miles I have requested/earned. I wish I would have started this type of mile/cashback tracking years ago, I am sure I have missed out on hundreds of dollars and thousands of miles.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by BrycePGH
About 90% of my purchases from the United Mileage Plus portal do not get posted. I have to keep a spreadsheet that has all of the information for the purchase with a field that is the order date + 45 (days) so I can manually file the request. To their credit, they have manually awarded all of the miles I have requested/earned. I wish I would have started this type of mile/cashback tracking years ago, I am sure I have missed out on hundreds of dollars and thousands of miles.
This is NOT accurate! 95% of my purchases get posted automatically (and recently very quickly, it takes about a week). Make sure you are not using unauthorized promo codes and cookies are enabled in your web browser.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Only about a third of mine post without contacting MP shopping. The ones that do post do so quickly (7-10 days) but I have to submit a request for the rest.

Oddly I never have a problem with MP Dining...
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:39 pm

Mileage plus phone number

I need to talk to a real person from united mileage plus shopping regarding missing miles. I called one number but only got a recording, and even though I did leave a message they of course did not call me back.

Any help for a phone number? the general number to united explorer or mileage plus is not helpful.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
I need to talk to a real person from united mileage plus shopping regarding missing miles. I called one number but only got a recording, and even though I did leave a message they of course did not call me back.

Any help for a phone number? the general number to united explorer or mileage plus is not helpful.
Pretty sure it's part of the phone tree (using the number on your MP credit card), maybe start with "missing miles" and go from there. When you hit a wall, just say "Agent" into the phone and eventually you'll talk with a live person.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 5:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
.. eventually you'll talk with a live person.
given the peak holiday travel period and the significant weather occurring, expect long hold times.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry

What is the problem? Have you contacted Cartera yet? You can reach them through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the mileageplusshopping.com webpage.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 6:59 pm

But no phone number, would prefer to talk to a real person not email
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Why's that? Cartera's not going to help you out unless it has been 45 days since you made the purchase through the website. Was curious what your issue was because I filed a BBB complaint against Cartera last year and was successful in getting the issue resolved.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
why do you think that will be a more successful approach?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:01 pm

Dunno, guess i could get the problem resolved faster with a real person.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:45 am

miles got posted on its own...just a long delay to get the miles posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.