Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 21, 12, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by dpdapper View Post
Yes, I was able to "nominate" Mrs. dpdapper this afternoon and received a confirming e-mail immediately.
My nomination went through immediately as well. Now to wait for the new card to arrive.
Old Apr 21, 12, 5:22 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by dornec View Post
Second.....I have noticed since the merger... there seem to be lots of "infrequent" travelers in first.... I make this assumption by the way they handle themselves: coats in the overhead, not knowing where the bathroom is up front, etc.... It seems like since the merger, this has been happening a lot.... are there lots of companion 1MM spouses in first?
Any thoughts?
More likely Y/B fare instant upgraders and TODs (cash upgraders).
Old Apr 21, 12, 7:41 am

Programs: UA mm, Marriott PLT, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by MrJBoy View Post
However, her status now shows Premier Silver.
My spouse also shows only silver. I am going to give it the 48 hours the site says it may take and then make a call if necessary.
Old Apr 21, 12, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Mrs Mikel's package arrive about 1 week ago she is pretty thrilled to be GS for a year.
Old Apr 21, 12, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2 MM; IC Spire Amb;
Originally Posted by StingWest View Post
Yes, my wife just received her 1K packet yesterday. Signed her up at least a month ago though...
Curious... Was that shipped by U.S. Mail... unlike the packages that went out for regular 1K MM around 3/1?
Old Apr 21, 12, 11:16 am

Programs: UA, 1K
Question on eligibility for MM companion benefit.

Dear All,

I was looking at the eligibility requirements and notice that the new T&C states

"A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information."

does it mean that we can now nominate children living at the same address? (The old T&C had a caveat in the FAQs stating that children were not eligible, but this seems to have been dropped). Ms Uyflyer has 1K/MM status on her own, so the old benefit was useless to us. This modified one could be somewhat useful (not a full replacement for the lost CR1s, but better than nothing).

Any information or a pointer to a FAQ explicitly allowing/disallowing nomination of children will be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 21, 12, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
My wife, who would be a GM otherwise, got her 1K card yesterday.
Old Apr 21, 12, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by mander View Post
My wife, who would be a GM otherwise, got her 1K card yesterday.
Just like myself. And guess what, while I only received 5 drink chits she got 10 ...

F.R.
Old Apr 21, 12, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA mm, Marriott PLT, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by blue47 View Post
My spouse also shows only silver. I am going to give it the 48 hours the site says it may take and then make a call if necessary.
In less than 24 hours from nomination, she now shows platinum.
Old Apr 21, 12, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA1K 2MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Frau D's 1K package came in today.
Old Apr 21, 12, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My wife who had no status last year and did not receive a 2012 card, got her 1K card yesterday. I got her 10 drink chits. Since they had previously sent me the wrong package (1K instead of 1K MM) I got 20 plus her 10. This will be useful with the new UDU rules and 1/2 my flights being CRJ200 or E145.
Old Apr 21, 12, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold/1MM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by blue47 View Post
It's fixed now.
Old Apr 21, 12, 7:28 pm

The link for adding someone as a companion for million milers is finally working

The link for adding someone as a companion for million milers is finally working. united.com/MMcompanion
Old Apr 22, 12, 9:34 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Spouse's credentials package arrived yesterday. She was nominated several months ago.
Old Apr 22, 12, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
Curious... Was that shipped by U.S. Mail... unlike the packages that went out for regular 1K MM around 3/1?
Regular US mail. It would be a true waste of money to ship this by some kind of package service IMHO

Search this Thread
Search Engine: