Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler companion benefit {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2024, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Million Miler companion benefit

To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or https://promo.united.com/offers/mmcomp

First companion choice selection becomes effective immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.
While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed (UA may be tighten this up starting in late 2022)
The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

Companion eligibility:
  1. A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information.
  2. Your companion must be an enrolled member of the MileagePlus program under his or her own name and may not already be the companion of another Million Miler.
  3. The companion benefit is awarded on an annual basis and is nontransferable.
  4. Your companion will receive his or her own individual Premier credentials and does not need to travel with you to enjoy the benefits of the Premier level awarded.
  5. Your designated companion will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise by November 30 of the current year.
  6. You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by November 30 (for changes to existing companion nominations) or December 30 (for first-time nominations) to be effective for the following year. MileagePlus will not be able to accept changes to existing companion nominations during the month of December.
See UA Million Miler program web page for more

Relevant thread: UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM

Anyone MMers successfully nominated someone to share your lifetime status?

Just want to know what status the one you nominated will get? I'm a 1KMMer, let's say if I nominate my wife, does it mean that she also gets 1KMM benefits even if I don't fly with her? She has no status on MP at the moment. Will she get a 1K MP membership card as well?

Care to share more?

All 2012 Million Milers will be able to share their lifetime status annually with a spouse or significant other.

Starting September 26, 2011, every MileagePlus Million Mile Flyer can go to www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion to nominate this special person, whose status will take effect with the 2012 MileagePlus program, late in the first quarter of 2012.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:23 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
The companion you name under the Million Miler program will have the same status as you do in any given year, whether or not you travel together and irrespective of whether the companion now has or doesn't have elite status. Your companion will get the MileagePlus card showing that status but will not receive any confirmable upgrade certificates which you earn as a 1K.

As you point out, the realization of this status won't occur until full integration, likely near the end of the first quarter of 2012.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Dec 19, 2011 at 10:29 pm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Thanks Ocn Vw 1k! That's pretty good news. I remember, in the past I could also nominate one person but with much lower status as something like "premier associate" even though I was 1KMM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
....Care to share more?...
Terms and Conditions for MileagePlus Million Miler Companion Benefit
All 2012 members who earn one million lifetime miles and beyond earn lifetime status rewards for themselves as well as the option to extend their current elite status on an annual basis to a spouse or significant other.

2012 Million Miler benefits, including spouse or significant other Premier benefits, are scheduled to take effect for all members late in the first quarter of 2012.
Million Miler Eligibility:
If your Lifetime Flight Mile balance is one million miles or more, you are considered a Million Miler and may designate your spouse or significant other ("companion") even if you have not yet received any notification from MileagePlus.
You may designate one (1) companion to receive the same Premier level as you currently hold, regardless if you have 1 Million lifetime miles or more than 2 Million lifetime miles.
If you earn a higher Premier level during the program year, your companion will also receive that higher status level. However if your companion earns a higher Premier level, your account status will not change.
Companion Eligibility:
A companion is defined as your spouse or significant other who either resides at the same address as you, based on your MileagePlus profile information, or shares your last name.
Your children, other family members, friends or co-workers are not eligible for this benefit.
Your companion must be an enrolled member of the MileagePlus program under their own name and may not already be the companion of another Million Miler.
The companion benefit is awarded on an annual basis and is non-transferable.
Your companion will be sent their own individual Premier credentials and does not need to be traveling with you to receive the benefits of the Premier level awarded.
Your designated companion will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise by December 30 of the current year.
You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by December 30 to be effective for the following year.
The MileagePlus Million Miler program and the Premier program are extensions of the MileagePlus frequent flyer program. All MileagePlus terms and conditions apply.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG75, UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Platinum
Combined Million--How Long?

Any experiences with how long it takes to get mileage combined? I have 721K on UA and 298K on CO (I went over the million mark about 3 weeks ago), but when I go to the page to designate Mrs. Peejayemm, I get the message "You are not eligible to designate a companion as elite, since you are not a Million Miler."
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by peejayemm
Any experiences with how long it takes to get mileage combined? I have 721K on UA and 298K on CO (I went over the million mark about 3 weeks ago), but when I go to the page to designate Mrs. Peejayemm, I get the message "You are not eligible to designate a companion as elite, since you are not a Million Miler."
Likely not until the programs merge in March-ish.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1.55MM Lifetime Premier Gold, AA Exec. Plt., NW MM(875K on DL), MC Gold, HH Diamond, SPG, HY GP
Has anybody else encountered the devaluation of this benefit? I don't have a spouse or domestic partner. Hence, I cannot have a companion. MP pretty told me to jump in Lake Michigan.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
When does MM significant others kick in

Just booked a standard award flight for Mrs. mikel51 for a Mar.9-12 long weekend in San Francisco. She is currently a GM with no premier status, and they offered to let me buy up to E+. When her status match kicks in, she will be eligible for E+. It would be nice if her new status kicks in on Mar 3, so I can change seats--or do we have to wait.

Also curious if she will go to 1K or GS. If GS, I could try to upgrade her with a CR1.

Sorry if this is buried in a long post somewhere, but I didn't easily find in via search.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is supposed to start March 3rd when the 2 systems merge into one.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:56 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Your spouse will have the same status you have each year.

(Also see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...fits-swus.html )
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
One thing we'll know soon-- did United get the MM companion credentials (currently in the mail) right, or are they messed up like the "status preview" was (which only reflected personally earned status, not MM status-match).

Fingers crossed that they managed to take MM status-match into account...
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
So I should be able to call on Mar 3 and have the service desk remove and replace her mp number (she doesn't have a new OP number yet) and the reservation will reflect her new status???? I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not really expecting it to go exactly according to plan.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: UA - million Miler
Originally Posted by flyer215
One thing we'll know soon-- did United get the MM companion credentials (currently in the mail) right, or are they messed up like the "status preview" was (which only reflected personally earned status, not MM status-match).

Fingers crossed that they managed to take MM status-match into account...
Glad you wrote that. I'm a new 2011 MM and have the same issue as my wife's "gifted status" does not show in the status preview and I've been worried. We also have a trip booked and I want to move her to E+. Agent says I can't since she doe not have status. We are departing different days and meeting up in Europe. I was concerned that the match was not going to happen.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Just got an email saying my premier card will arrive soon. It also had a link to a personalized preview. I followed the link, entered my MP data,and sure enough it had my onepass number, said I was 1K and showed my MM balance. So I did the same for my wife, who I have designated as my MM status partner and it has a new MP number for her but no 1K status. Hopefully this will get sorted out soon.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:52 am
Senior Moderator

Speaking about new numbers for MMer spouses, I registered mine to be matched to my status some time ago. She never had a OP number and currently has no elite status.

Today, I go into her preview page and notice that she has a number that has three letters and five numbers, like KNC12345. Since I thought that the OP number array is two letters and five numbers, wonder if status-matched spouses of MMers get an added letter "C" to segregate them in the MileagePlus record system???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.