Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by epitheconsultant
... I am going to hit 119.5 EQS for the year - just a half segment from renewing my 1K status. .....
Do you happen to have a Chase MP credit card -- Convert 10K ChoicePoints/RDMs for 1 EQS.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
Need 4500 Miles

Need 4500 More Miles before the end of the year. I can fly out of SFO, OAK, SJC, or SMF and I do need to go to St. Louis on 12/31 but it doesn't get me enough miles.

Any ideas
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Sonoma, might want to do the SFO-ORD DEQM non-stop.

Note: some have said the entire trip needs to be in a qualifying fare class. That doesn't seem obvious to me given the wording, but I just raise it as an issue. At this late date, that's likely not a problem.

From SFO, it's 1846 miles each way x 2 for almost 7400 miles.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
Just did that one last week - searching for a decent fare on it for the days that I can possibly travel.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I need 5200 miles out of ORD or MKE to qualify for 1k.

I missed out on the $320 ORD-SFO W fare a few days ago...it didnt say the fare was on last day and when I went to book it the following day, it was almost triple.

Any thoughts on how to get 5200 EQM for around $600 or less?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: M+ 1K, HHonors Gold, PC Gold, SPG Gold
Just finished an itinerary on USAir a few days ago and after a canceled return flight I'm short 1800 miles.

After a few more days of fretting about hitting 1K, I just got myself booked for a flight from EWR-PEK on 12/31, so this will definitely get me over the hump. Just got my fingers crossed that everything goes as planned.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:53 pm

Programs: UAL: 1K; MAR: T
20 miles short for silver

Hi folks. I have been reading this forum for a long time, but this is my first post.

I have been a silver with CO/UA for the past few years, and had finally convinced my girlfriend to do all her flying activity with UA/CO this year. Now that she has 24980 PQM/EQM combined and will be doing some more flying activity in the next two weeks(CLE-MCO/MIA-EWR-LHR). Since she will be checking in two pieces of luggage at CLE, it will be really nice to have a premier status.

We had tried to call UA/CO for many times in the past few weeks to see if she can be bumped to silver before taking that flight. But it doesn't seem to work that way.

Any other thoughts? I really appreciate you guys' expertise.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, tetrahydrofuran

Originally Posted by tetrahydrofuran
... We had tried to call UA/CO for many times in the past few weeks to see if she can be bumped to silver before taking that flight. But it doesn't seem to work that way. ....
there is no standard answer to this. It can sometimes happen but it is purely at UACO discretion. The lack of previous status and the lower level of status are not factors likely to help.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:01 am

Not Going to Do It

My travel was way down in 2011 and I'm now about 1500 short of 2P/Silver. I have absolutely no time to take a flight. I understand that my 2 options are about $200 for CO Elite Maximizer and trading 20000 choices for 2000 miles.

In the first few months 2012, I have already booked 2 TLAN in paid business on LH and LX and a trip to the east coast with my family on US. So, as far as I can tell, the only advantages of 2P would be (1) a few free checked bags with perhaps an elite security lane (although not at LAX) on the US trip and (2) some RDM bonus miles on the TLANs that will not come close to 20000. I imagine that a 2P doesn't get much consideration in IRROPs, especially since flights will not be on UA.

Unless I'm missing something, I would be a chump to make any effort to reach 25K now and will be regaining it in a few months anyway.

I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me that I'm missing something here or would analyze differently.

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hey guys I'm 3,285 miles shy of Plat. I wanted to see if any of you could come up with a mileage run for me. Flying out of EWR. Needs to be done any time next week. Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by CO777
Hey guys I'm 3,285 miles shy of Plat. I wanted to see if any of you could come up with a mileage run for me. Flying out of EWR. Needs to be done any time next week. Thanks
EWR-LAS has some same day turns next week for $370 ai. 8.4 CPM isn't great but Elite Maximizer is rising fast, so at this point the MR might be the better option.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...r-rate-14.html
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
I've been looking for hauls from BOS/MHT to get myself up to Premier Platinum, about 2900mi short after a BOS-SLC trip tomorrow. Fares are eye-popping to the usual suspects e.g. LAX/SFO/SAN/PHX/SEA/PDX. Wondering if it'd be cheaper to do this Elite Maximizer thing and be done with it. I can travel any day between 12/25 and 1/2 inclusive.

BTW, if Silver = 2P Gold = 1P what will be the shorthand for this new 75,000 mile Platinum tier? zero P?

I was made a comp 2P early this year at around 18K EQM and flew BIS to make it to ~68K EQM not including this SLC trip which will push it to about 72,200. Ya think if I whine and pule loudly enough I'd get bumped to zero-P or should I look at spending some cash, which is not exactly plentiful these days? I found a trip to Boise for $548 but dang...
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy
.... Wondering if it'd be cheaper to do this Elite Maximizer thing and be done with it. ....
Elite Maximizer has hit 18 cpm and was 13 cpm just a few days ago -- and likely to rise higher

Originally Posted by born sleepy
.... I was made a comp 2P early this year at around 18K EQM and flew BIS to make it to ~68K EQM not including this SLC trip which will push it to about 72,200. Ya think if I whine and pule loudly enough I'd get bumped to zero-P or should I look at spending some cash, which is not exactly plentiful these days? I found a trip to Boise for $548 but dang...
I doubt whinning will get anything, it is up to you to decide if to chance it.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: UA Silver
How to earn 6000 EQM before 2012?

Hi,

I need 6000 EQM to qualify for the Gold tier next year.
It sounds easy and inexpensive to earn 6000 EQM with just a trans-continental round-trip perhaps.
However, I am in South Korea now, and there is no easy and inexpensive mileage run to do.
It seems like I need to do an international trip, but any international mileage run on Star Alliance that earns 6000 EQM out of South Korea seems quite expensive.
At this time of the year, it costs at least USD600.
Otherwise, I can do a trans-pacific mileage run on United for USD800 that earns me 100% elite bonus miles, but this trip will incur 4-day minimum stay in the West Coast which is undesirable.

Do you think if there is any better way to earn 6000 EQM other than doing a mileage run?

It is hard to let the Gold tier go away after enjoying the benefits for years, so I am trying hard to requalify for the next year.

Thanks,
Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:45 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Book any reward ticket on CO and use the Elite Maximizer and then cancel the ticket. EQM's post within a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.