Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Delta, AA, IC Royal Ambassador, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
I saw two additional CR-1s in my account also this morning. It was dated 31 Dec 2011. I guess UA has decided to continue to award MM 2 CR-1s.
I don't think so. UACO announced that January of 2012 will be the last time that MMs are awarded their "annual" pair of CR-1s. As I mentioned earlier, many MMs will not be aware of what they have lost until January of 2013.

Dave
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Is the receipt of SWUs a benefit of lifetime 1k status (which UACO claims will be given after exceeding 3MM)? (i.e., are the SWUs given regardless of how many flights flown in the year?)
yes
(and regionals for 2mm)
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by eclipse_boi
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I reached 1mm with the adjustment, will I get the SWU's for reaching 1mm since my lifetime balance was over 1 mm on December 31, 2011 or is United considering the adjustment effective January 1, 2012?
It was answered by United in another thread.

Answer is "no". The added miles are considered to be effective 1 January, thus the MM milestone was not passed in 2011.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
yes
(and regionals for 2mm)
I wasn't aware that the new million miler program included any annual upgrade instruments and don't see that on the UA web site. Where would we find that?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by joel67
I wasn't aware that the new million miler program included any annual upgrade instruments and don't see that on the UA web site. Where would we find that?
it's very much hidden away in this thread, way way way back in post #494:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17192858-post494.html
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi JDT1955, good questions. Your interpretation is actually correct. All 3 Million Milers in the new program will indeed receive 6 GPUs at the beginning of the year, unless they were already earned by flying 100K PQM/120 PQS. Similarly, 2 Million Milers will receive 2 RPUs each year, unless already earned by flying 75K PQM/90 PQS. I believe that the changes causing confusion are that the one-time gift of Systemwide Upgrades and the annual gift of Regional Upgrades that all Million Milers used to receive will be replaced with the spousal benefit. We will take a peek to see if we can clarify this a bit better on our website. As for getting an estimate of your re-calculated lifetime total, we’re working on the implementation for this, but, we’re not quite there yet. We will have more on this timeline in the coming month. Until then, thanks for your patience.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights and Metrics
United Airlines
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From everything that has been posted and explained by UAInsider regionals are no more for any level, was replaced by the spouse benefit (not going to debate like or dislike of it, just stating).
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Baze
From everything that has been posted and explained by UAInsider regionals are no more for any level, was replaced by the spouse benefit (not going to debate like or dislike of it, just stating).
Right, but I thought they had eliminated them for all levels. With the latest adjustments, I'll probably hit 2MM next year (and maybe 3MM in another decade), so it's nice to know that there's at least some reward beyond the base status level that I won't need for awhile.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question

Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
Went from about 850k to 1.2 mil. Will miss the SWUs. My email complaining about the change was answered with a relatively canned response.
so the new 1 MMers will no longer able to earn extra 3 SWUs? What about the new 2 MMers? What other benefits do they have beside lifetime Premier Platinum? Anymore SWUs for 2 MMers?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right, but I thought they had eliminated them for all levels. With the latest adjustments, I'll probably hit 2MM next year (and maybe 3MM in another decade), so it's nice to know that there's at least some reward beyond the base status level that I won't need for awhile.
Looks like rob posted a quote of Shannon's that states 2MM will receive 2 RPU's annually unless already earned by flying. I stand corrected. Not as good as always getting them whether you got some from flying or not but at least guarantees you will get 2 every year at a minimum.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:03 pm

Looks like rob posted a quote of Shannon's that states 2MM will receive 2 RPU's annually unless already earned by flying. I stand corrected. Not as good as always getting them whether you got some from flying or not but at least guarantees you will get 2 every year at a minimum.
I stand corrected as well. Since you only get the instruments if you haven't flown enough to otherwise earn them, then just like the guaranteed status, they're only valuable once I stop regularly flying UA.

Leave it to the new UA to come up with a program with incentives to fly less! Doesn't anyone there ever think about the logical consequences of this kind of stinginess?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
so the new 1 MMers will no longer able to earn extra 3 SWUs? What about the new 2 MMers? What other benefits do they have beside lifetime Premier Platinum? Anymore SWUs for 2 MMers?
No more 3 SWU for crossing 1MM. No more CR-1's for 1MM. Get 1P/Premier Gold for life. 2MM get 2 annual CR-1's unless they already earned 2 from flying 75K in the year. Get 1P/Premier Platinum for life. 3MM will get 6 annual SWU's unless they already got the 6 for crossing 100K in the year. Get 1K for life. Don't know about the 4MM other than GS for life.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:08 pm

snip

Leave it to the new UA to come up with a program with incentives to fly less! Doesn't anyone there ever think about the logical consequences of this kind of stinginess?
-
Interesting - you see the consequence of the demotions, I see them, many of my friends see them, many posters here see them but a handful of posters on flyertalk see nothing wrong with the demotions. Obviously, the new UA management does not see anything wrong with the demotions.

As you wrote, the demotions are "a program with incentives to fly less!"

There might be some rescission of the demotions if the UA passenger load starts to dwindle after the first or second quarter of this year. Clearly, many former UA passengers will go to AA or to DL.

Not all the decreases in passenger loads will be attributed to the demotions but it is a sure bet that the demotions will be the main reason.
-
Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to clear the air with the way some people have perceived my responses. Overall I am NOT happy with the changes in the program. I am happy with the spouse benefit. But saying that I am happy about one part does NOT imply I am happy overall. The loss of CR-1's is bad, no SWU's when cross 1MM for first time is bad. Though is part of Gold overall and not specific to MM the reduction of elite bonus to 50% is bad. Being lower on the upgrade totem pole is bad with the addition of the Platinum level. The loss of RCC for 2MM is bad. Yes, I would like to see tweaks and adjustments to make things more in line with what it was and I feel some will be forthcoming, just need a little patience. UA is aware of the specific gripes. A proposal has been presented to them. They are mulling it over. We may get some, we may get nothing. Time will tell.

Last edited by Baze; Jan 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm
Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
2MM get 2 annual CR-1's unless they already earned 2 from flying 75K in the year.
You sure about this one?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
You sure about this one?
It was posted by Shannon elsewhere. Of course I would take it with a grain of salt, none of the adjustment has gone exactly as Shannon said it would.

Last edited by Baze; Jan 2, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.