Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

I see my MM BIS on UA metal as a distinction (and some might also question my sanity -- but that is another topic).
I really can't see it has any operational plusses?

MM seems not to even count in upgrade tie breakers etc.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
.... I see my MM BIS on UA metal as a distinction (and some might also question my sanity -- but that is another topic).
I really can't see it has any operational plusses?

Agree, as far as I know, it makes no "operational" difference.

The distinction, as a PMUA MM, is in my mind -- I did it as BIS miles, not bonus miles, not credit miles, .... MM the old fashion way. A certain sense of accomplishment. That's what I m referring to.

Programs like what AA has done but will be stopping, that counted credit card RDMs created pseudo inflated MM. CO program was closer to UA's for most flyers.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Wouldn't that be nice?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:48 pm

NOTHING ever keeps "all the people happy all of the time", but that one seems to have got widespread support in this thread since you made it.
It's been said that one sign of a good compromise is when neither side is entirely happy with the outcome. While the best solution would be for United to simply make good on its original promises to MM flyers, I think the compromise proposed by uastarflyer is a good one.

While converting 1MM flyers to Premier Platinum would still represent a reduction from 100% RDM to 75% RDM, the added benefits of Platinum would make this a fair trade to most I would think. This would also help with the loss of CR-1s. Most of the 1MM flyers I know are upset about the loss of CR-1s not because of the CR-1s themselves, but because its so hard on many flights to get upgraded with UDU. According to the e-mail responses from UA, they seem to think that 1MM flyers no longer need CR-1s because they now have UDU. What UA fails to understand is that the value of UDU is somewhat lost on 1MM flyers who find themselves ranked number 24 on the upgrade list.

Speaking of e-mails from UA, my thanks to those who posted your e-mail replies from UA on this topic. It's taken UA over six weeks to respond to my original e-mail to them, and the response I received yesterday is a nearly verbatim cut and paste of the e-mails that others have received on this topic. Thanks to FT for allowing me to read in advance the reply that UA took six weeks to send me!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by SADDE6

It's been said that one sign of a good compromise is when neither side is entirely happy with the outcome. While the best solution would be for United to simply make good on its original promises to MM flyers, I think the compromise proposed by uastarflyer is a good one.

While converting 1MM flyers to Premier Platinum would still represent a reduction from 100% RDM to 75% RDM, the added benefits of Platinum would make this a fair trade to most I would think. This would also help with the loss of CR-1s. Most of the 1MM flyers I know are upset about the loss of CR-1s not because of the CR-1s themselves, but because its so hard on many flights to get upgraded with UDU. According to the e-mail responses from UA, they seem to think that 1MM flyers no longer need CR-1s because they now have UDU. What UA fails to understand is that the value of UDU is somewhat lost on 1MM flyers who find themselves ranked number 24 on the upgrade list.

Speaking of e-mails from UA, my thanks to those who posted your e-mail replies from UA on this topic. It's taken UA over six weeks to respond to my original e-mail to them, and the response I received yesterday is a nearly verbatim cut and paste of the e-mails that others have received on this topic. Thanks to FT for allowing me to read in advance the reply that UA took six weeks to send me!
I like your post. I agree with what you wrote, "the best solution would be for United to simply make good on its original promises to MM flyers, I think the compromise proposed by uastarflyer is a good one."

We are at the last day of this year and there has been nothing from UA Insider to indicate that the discriminatory demotions and breached promises will be rectified.

Wouldn't it be a nice New Year's gift if such an announcement were made?
-
Old Dec 31, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Lifetime gold and beyond

So, I'll reach 1MM this year and will be lifetime gold...does that mean that my yearly status begins at Gold and goes from there to 1K with only 50K miles?

sorry if has been answered elsewhere--flame me if you wish.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by boss315
So, I'll reach 1MM this year and will be lifetime gold...does that mean that my yearly status begins at Gold and goes from there to 1K with only 50K miles?

No, to get a higher status you have to earn it from zero each year.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by hellmutt
My updated EQM total is posted! Got more than I had hoped - almost 200K! Huzzah!
The very active thread you started here might be more relevant for those interested in posting their new totals. @:-)

Million Miler updates just posted
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by boss315

No flame, but no, you don't get a shortcut to 1K.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nmenaker
yep, got a bigger bump than I though about 375K miles. I had about 50K CO, lots of years of DEQM promos, a fair amount of LH and SAS and quite a few Z,D,Y fares over the past 15 years. Nice new years gift, now at 1.350MM
This should only show the UA bump. the combining of UA & CO supposedly has not happened yet and won't for a while.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
yes

Originally Posted by Baze
This should only show the UA bump. the combining of UA & CO supposedly has not happened yet and won't for a while.
yes, it appears so, I'l have to checkout the thread about how the calcs were done.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:39 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fredd
The very active thread you started here might be more relevant for those interested in posting their new totals. @:-)

Million Miler updates just posted
I just moved the posts that have the new lifetime totals in them to this thread. Please post that information there so that this thread can remain exclusively for discussion on Million Miler benefits.

l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
We are at the last day of this year and there has been nothing from UA Insider to indicate that the discriminatory demotions and breached promises will be rectified.

Wouldn't it be a nice New Year's gift if such an announcement were made?
-
Yes, the silence has been deafening from United on this. Meanwhile, we all have decisions to make as to our priorities for mileage earning in 2012. It's a shame that United is effectively telling all it's 1MM flyers "thanks, but take your next million elsewhere!"

Happy New Year to all and safe travels in 2012!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by SADDE6

Yes, the silence has been deafening from United on this. Meanwhile, we all have decisions to make as to our priorities for mileage earning in 2012. It's a shame that United is effectively telling all it's 1MM flyers "thanks, but take your next million elsewhere!"
-
Considering the callous disregard shown to many million-milers, it does seem to indicate that the new UA management is telling the million-mile flyers to "shut up" or take their business elsewhere.

By the way, there is still no word from AA regarding a status match versus a challenge (which they will readily do). My latest e-mail from their marketing representative said the status match is still under consideration but is delayed because of their bankruptcy issues.

If AA reconsiders and grants the match, the new UA management can expect to revisit the discriminatory demotions and other things it has done to the million-mile program (breached promises).
-
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Lots of happy new MMers around the boards today, seems it'd be wise to screencap the lifetime miles to ensure that they get the last round of upgrades. UA did the adjustment well in my eyes - doing it before year end so those folks would get the last set of upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.