Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Baze
Thanks, just enrolled my wife ^
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:29 pm
formerly MNLGuy

Programs: UAGold/MM DL AA
MM granting status to spouse/SO

For those of us who are MM, when can we grant our spouse/SO the status? Is it now, or do we have to wait until they sort out the integration? Would appear that it could be a simple thing to do now...
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MNLGuy
For those of us who are MM, when can we grant our spouse/SO the status? Is it now, or do we have to wait until they sort out the integration? Would appear that it could be a simple thing to do now...
You can submit the application now @ http://www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion but the status will not become effective until the new program starts in "late Q1 2012"
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:50 pm
formerly MNLGuy

Programs: UAGold/MM DL AA
Thanks for the quick reply! That one is clear at least... Done my part... now let's let them do theirs!
Old Jan 1, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Fredd

I also notice my buddy ua1flyer was bumped up "only" 3MM, a much lower % than many others report.
Have to admit that my bump was quite a bit less than expected. Guess 2MM is going to be hanging out there in front of me for quite some time. Probably forever unless I really hit it internationally again at some point down the line...
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:04 am

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I reached 1mm with the adjustment, will I get the SWU's for reaching 1mm since my lifetime balance was over 1 mm on December 31, 2011 or is United considering the adjustment effective January 1, 2012?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
I received my final two CR-1s for 2011 (old rules) in accordance with united.com announcement "at the end of every year."

2012 is not part of the CR-1 earning for million-mile purposes.

Real million-milers should have received their final CR-1 for 2011 by this time. If you have not received them, a call to MP should solve the problem.
-
Pardon my sloppy terminology -- when I said "the two CR-1s for 2012" I meant the two CR-1s that would be valid for 2012. As a 1K, when I earned SWUs in the old days (where you had to wait until the beginning of the next year for them to post), I always considered and referred to them as being "for" the next year - the year they were valid, not the year they were earned. Sorry for any confusion.

Anyway, they popped in overnight. My account is now "current".

(This does not mean that I'm not still upset about the failure of United to grandfather this benefit for pre-2012 Million Milers, though.)

Last edited by Counsellor; Jan 2, 2012 at 3:49 am Reason: clarifying terminology
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Is the receipt of SWUs a benefit of lifetime 1k status (which UACO claims will be given after exceeding 3MM)? (i.e., are the SWUs given regardless of how many flights flown in the year?)
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Pardon my sloppy terminology -- when I said "the two CR-1s for 2012" I meant the two CR-1s that would be valid for 2012. As a 1K, when I earned SWUs in the old days (where you had to wait until the beginning of the next year for them to post), I always considered and referred to them as being "for" the next year - the year they were valid, not the year they were earned. Sorry for any confusion.

Anyway, they popped in overnight. My account is now "current".

(This does not mean that I'm not still upset about the failure of United to grandfather this benefit for pre-2012 Million Milers, though.)
Just checked my account, and saw that 2 more CR1s just showed up as well - I have way too many CR1s for 2012
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sapguy
Just checked my account, and saw that 2 more CR1s just showed up as well - I have way too many CR1s for 2012
Same here - though I'm annoyed as they're again posting in Jan but with a Dec '12 expiry date...can't even get a full 12 months out of them anymore
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Same here - though I'm annoyed as they're again posting in Jan but with a Dec '12 expiry date...can't even get a full 12 months out of them anymore
I just noticed my CR's posted overnight with a Dec expiration date vs in the past years, they were Jan expiration date (one month longer than the ones posted into my account last night).
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I saw two additional CR-1s in my account also this morning. It was dated 31 Dec 2011. I guess UA has decided to continue to award MM 2 CR-1s.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
The recalculation gave me an 18% bump and pushed me to 1mm. I never flew CO, but did sign up for all the promos the past decade. I won't be on UA much anymore as i'm not happy with their product - especially not getting upgraded with SWU.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
A benefit that I might not have expected from the companion status but which I discovered this morning.

Now, my wife has skin in the game for my status, and that may be just the little nudge necessary for those years when I might need a last minute MR for 1K (like last year).

She actually feels a little bad now that she didn't let me do a last-second HKG to put me over 1K.

She did tell me that I could never leave her now, though, since she would never get the status on her own.

Greg
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Wow, one day short of a full 12 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.