Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by jsilver123
That's great for your 2 Million Miles, I hit 3 million a week ago and got nothing from United.
Impressive. Congrats.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
After 15 Million miles on United, I would say we are in the right direction. The merger was a tough go and there are still a few wrinkles to iron out, but it will be a great airline once we settle down in 2014.It's market driven and I have a lot confidence in our leadership to put us in the right direction.
I admire the regimen, ua1flyer, but Im glad Im not you. (If you met me in person, you would be glad not to be me, too.... )

Its statements like this

"I have to fly one year to redeem one free FC ticket to Asia. "

that show why all the airlines have gone to spend to group and perk customers, like UA1flyer , who make them money vs the low value fliers.

How long should you have to fly before you get a free 1000-2000USD trip? A lot longer than a year, I think. Probably 20,000 spend minimum.

Last edited by LaserSailor; Dec 2, 2013 at 9:25 am Reason: removed personal stuff
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
500,000 miles per year for 30 years? 600,000 miles per year for 25 years? Please.
You don't believe him? His amount of flying has been public on this forum for many years.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by Firewind
500,000 miles per year for 30 years? 600,000 miles per year for 25 years? Please.
This is Mr. Tom Stuker, he's the real deal.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by IainC
With all due respect to you ua1flyer, I do not share your confidence. Since the merger, UA has shown a distinct lack of leaders and a swag of followers inherited from CO who have no concept of customer loyalty. In every area since the merger my assessment of this airline (I can't bring myself to write UA as it is not the airline I knew) is that it has failed miserably.
The post-merger (Continental) management (manager) values short term revenue over long term loyalty. This has already resulted in significant ground lost on revenues and yield versus Delta and the trend will likely continue. Delta places a much higher value upon extreme loyalty. Post-merger Americal will likely take its lead from Delta in making its most loyal customers feel valued. United's yields will continue to deteriorate relative to its rivals if management continues to devalue loyalty.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
"It costs 20 times more to attract a NEW high yield client, than to retain an existing one."

I am not getting paid $3 million a year like Jeffy, but if he knew even Sales #101 he'd be aware of this time proven truism.

To lie in writing to your BEST clients, rusted on for decades as Million Miler 1Ks, like I was, is commercial suicide.

Promise us a couple of measly Regionals a year for "LIFE" on the website, and then tell us all to pound sand, and all bets are off, will go down as one of the dumbest things any airline has even done to Top Elites.

Cost to them to keep their word - NIL as they control inventory - and cost of many 1000s of top end once rusted on and loyal fliers defecting is already showing on the bottom line, for all to see.

Losing 1000 folks spending $50,000 a year is $50 million lost revenue annualy. 10,000 of them is $500 million.

Those that get paid $3 million should already know this VERY basic math. @:-)@:-)

Last edited by ozstamps; Dec 21, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.