Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidential Plus Card Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
This card is virtually worthless for anybody who flies 75K+ annually. Amex has got to be licking its chops right now. They understand the value of big spenders.

VERY bad move on UA's part.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:14 pm

Makes my decision to cancel easy. Crappy card, definitely not worth the fee.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA Insider

New benefits
I checked out some of these so-called "benefits." They are expensive, and all in NY. I'll take my FEQM's with no expiration date and no limitations on usage, please.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by SS255
I checked out some of these so-called "benefits." They are expensive, and all in NY. I'll take my FEQM's with no expiration date and no limitations on usage, please.
I live in NYC and they don't sound appealing at all.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: CO Plat, PPlus
So, the question is: which card to move to? AMEX plat? Suggestions?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
Originally Posted by edcho
UA Insider,

Can you address the following quote from the website?

https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...splus/faq.aspx

Is there an actual mileage limit to the Flex EQMs now (you can only earn up to 5,000 flex miles)?
X2 - as someone who easily makes gold, but is challenged to make plat, the limitation to plat is no big deal, but a limitation on how many miles I can earn would be a deal killer.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by browncow
So, the question is: which card to move to? AMEX plat? Suggestions?
I'm starting to do research as well. Any suggestions from a PPlus card is welcomed.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:42 pm

So much for the PPlus trying to be the equivalent to the Amex Plat...
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
What a joke....I'll keep my Amex Plat. Bye, bye Chase PPlus!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:27 pm

Thumbs down a change we don't like

i wonder who's great idea it was to implement all these "enhancements". the new features aren't that new, and the standout benefits of the card are being taken away.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Well, I used to be excited about upgrading to one of these. Now... not so much. I think I'll keep my regular OnePass card while looking around for other options.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: *G, UA Plat, Hertz Pres
As a *G I don't see the value in paying $400 a year for club membership (I already had a US Air club membership for $250 which gets me into PC and RCC).

I think the card is now going after those who don't travel much because many of the benefits are superfluous for Silver+. But who doesn't travel much and wants to spend $400 a year?

That said, I didn't have the card to begin with :-)
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
Wow, my PP card is going in the trash 12/31/11!!

Usually I feel like CO has some logic to what they do. This is the first time in a while where everything they announced was completely negative and really just doesn't make sense to me from a data or gut perspective. What are they thinking!!??
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hilton Preferential Gold VIP, Hyatt Platinum, United Club
I've made my decision. Starting tomorrow, all my personal spending (10-15K+ per month) will go back to my Amex card. All my flex miles are now virtually useless since I now always make Platinum, and I won't be able to use these to get to 1K. I feel like a fool for building these FEQMs up, only to have the rules changed to make them worthless to me and others in my situation. As a CEO of a mid-sized national business myself, I have to ask: What kind of short-sighted folks do they have running these airlines? There is SUCH an opportunity for someone to come in and grab major market share by making a truly incredible, stand-out product for high-volume, high-revenue flyers (and it wouldn't be difficult to do) -- I had hopes the new United might be trying for that -- but all these guys (not just SMI/J) know how to do is reach for mediocrity, nickel and dime us, and think we're stupid enough to believe these are "enhancements". I grew our business significantly during the recession by creating new, stand-out products, by investing in my best customers. These airline execs have no imagination, should be fired, and replaced by businesspeople who know what they're doing.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:41 pm

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
Originally Posted by flycal312
Usually I feel like CO has some logic to what they do. This is the first time in a while where everything they announced was completely negative and really just doesn't make sense to me from a data or gut perspective. What are they thinking!!??
+1. Not sure either. Perhaps with co and Amex divorcing they feel that most will feel compelled to keep their pplus to have lounge access. I was starting to feel that both cards (Amex plat & pplus) were pretty equal with pplus being a little bit more valuable to a co flier. Not so anymore.

I was always happy that I had my pp card. It was the big benefits, mainly lounge access, that got me to "purchase" the card. Then it were those little benefits (flex eqm with no expiry, 25% rdm on co, stronger purchase protection) that kept me loyal to it. Now that two of those are pretty much gone I will have to reevaluate this relationship.

"It's you, not me..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.