Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated NRT connection time / logistics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated NRT connection time / logistics

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by hirohito888
I don't think either airport actually closes. Based on some recent trip reports I've seen, NRT/HND, they make you stay airside if you're transiting. I've seen people stay over 16h at HND airside, connecting US-Taiwan/SE Asia.
NRT: There was a report of overnight stay due to flight delay (and missing connection)

Unfortunately there were issues trying to arrange airside PCR test (to meet final country entry requirements), took a while to get it done and onward to final destination, 48hour delayed total

Flight delay leading to expired PCR test for connection

HND explicitly allows overnight connection in your itinerary,because airside terminal remains open overnight. NRT does not allow overnight in itinerary cause airside NRT closes
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Any updates when the NRT UC will open? Hoping to get in a UC shower followed by the Amazing Beer Machine.
most people should have access to ANA lounge (unless you're counting on UC membership for whole family), which also has those two items
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by paperwastage; Apr 18, 2022 at 1:26 pm
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:58 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Connection NRT

One hour 5 min connection at NRT. TG to UA, is it doable?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by sfo
Assuming on time, yes - but likely no time for lounge or dilly-dallying. I did SIN-NRT-LAX on SQ - NRT is dead. NH lounge is open but a trek. Security was a breeze, no immigration or transit doc check.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by marks88
Assuming on time, yes - but likely no time for lounge or dilly-dallying. I did SIN-NRT-LAX on SQ - NRT is dead. NH lounge is open but a trek. Security was a breeze, no immigration or transit doc check.
I agree. I recently did BKK-NRT-LAX on NH/UA. The UA lounge remains closed. The NH lounge is a long walk and nothing special. There was a line up for security. 😊
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:13 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sfo
Separate tickets?
TG-UA MCT is 45 minutes, all term 1
Note generic term 1, I-I is 1 hr
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:31 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for the replies I do appreciate them. One ticket, with only one hour did not expect to go to the lounge. This is for Feb 2023 and I know things can change in an instant. Am booked now through TPE, but who knows when they will start accepting transit passengers. I think NRT is a better bet.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sfo
Thanks for the replies I do appreciate them. One ticket, with only one hour did not expect to go to the lounge. This is for Feb 2023 and I know things can change in an instant. Am booked now through TPE, but who knows when they will start accepting transit passengers. I think NRT is a better bet.
NRT is a nicer connection IMO than TPE. I'd say TPE should be open by 2023 for transit, but who knows. Of course if TPE means you are flying BR ... then that is a lot better than TG and worth a consideration
Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott
I know this is the NRT connection thread, but I have an HND connection question. Next week, I am connecting through HND. Entire ticket booked in United App. TSA to HND, arriving 10am on an Eva Air flight - this segment has its own PNR in the app. HND to ORD 6:00pm ish. I am leaving the airport for lunch with a work colleague, plenty of time. I have a bottle I'd like to give him as a gift. Since I literally never check bags, I am not super versed. When I arrive at HND for this connection, will I have the opportunity to `re-check' my bag and therefore nab the bottle out before I meet him for lunch? Or does it check only all the way through to ORD? Any other practical thoughts here. FWIW, bottle is my favorite Kentucky spirit, hard to get so thats why I am bringing as a gift. Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Bag will be checked all the way through though maybe you can short-check it given 8 hour layover.
craftyabs and bmwe92fan like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by drewguy
Bag will be checked all the way through though maybe you can short-check it given 8 hour layover.
Agree -- or is it possible to purchase this spirit in duty free at the airport? If not it may take some sweet talking at the EVA check in desk to get them to agree to short check....
craftyabs likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:35 pm

Any recent nrt Transit data points? I've got 55 minutes for tg676 to ua838.

Same ticket, J, the two of us should be carry on only... Still find a 45mct allowance a little aggressive...
Old Jan 16, 2023, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Asuskibum
Any recent nrt Transit data points? I've got 55 minutes for tg676 to ua838.

Same ticket, J, the two of us should be carry on only... Still find a 45mct allowance a little aggressive...
You will need to clear transit security so the arrival time of your inbound will dictate how busy security will be, but if that TG flight is late, you're done for. To me, this seems like a risky connection. TG676 arrives in the afternoon and transit security can be very busy at that hour.
Asuskibum likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: UA LifetimeGS, DL LifetimePM, HH Dia, Bonvoy Ambassador, IHG Plat, Avis Chairman, Hertz Plat
As I recall in the past, there was a "Gold Line" for security for premium cabin passengers? They simply checked your boarding pass and let you through the shorter security line...good luck!
Asuskibum likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sumfungai
As I recall in the past, there was a "Gold Line" for security for premium cabin passengers? They simply checked your boarding pass and let you through the shorter security line...good luck!
The Gold Line can sometimes be jammed with more passengers than the regular line. Unless you are among the first to arrive in between arrival banks, I would be budgeting 15-20 minutes to clear security with *G status - just in case.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:27 am

Programs: UA 1K
I made the TG676 to UA838 connection in the first week of January. The TG flight arrived 20 min late. The flight attendants allowed connecting passengers to exit first and the security check took 5 mins. The security check area was well staffed to rush passengers through. Make sure to get your UA boarding pass from the Thai checkin counter in Bangkok (I could not do this with the Thai or UA apps). My checked suitcase made it too!
Good luck!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.