Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: UA GS, Library Card holder
Network Port

Don't know if this is the right place to ask or not, but what are those RJ45 network ports on the seats for?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by K2BF
Don't know if this is the right place to ask or not, but what are those RJ45 network ports on the seats for?
Where and on what type of seats? Not sure I've seen RJ45 ports anywhere.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: UA GS, Library Card holder
I mean these:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/muggsy...7623926647474/

Maybe they're not RJ45, but I sure don't know what they're for. These pictures are the front of a C seat, but I think I've seen them in F too.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by K2BF
For frying the ethernet card in your laptop.

Old May 3, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
9B or 6H? Opinions?

Flying ORD-PEK and curious about opinions on 9B (larger J cabin, aisle/adjacent to window) or 6H (smaller J cabin, backward facing, aisle/center area, adjacent to F cabin). I have not flown J on a UA 777. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old May 3, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
Flying ORD-PEK and curious about opinions on 9B (larger J cabin, aisle/adjacent to window) or 6H (smaller J cabin, backward facing, aisle/center area, adjacent to F cabin). I have not flown J on a UA 777. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
I would go 6H...in fact I have that seat selected for one of my upcoming 777Q legs.

I prefer flying backwards due to plane angle. Front of J cabin, so service starts here...quicker to get drinks, quicker to get food, quicker to get sleep. Smaller J cabin, so should be a bit more quiet with no galley around.

Middle section also means there is another route out of the aisle instead of climbing over me.
Old May 3, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer

Thanks.
We were in 9 J and K recently, flying back from LHR. You have three windows all to yourself!! You face forward. We liked the row and would select it again.

Row 8 and 7 should be avoided: too close to the action in the galley.
Old May 3, 2014, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mmack
We were in 9 J and K recently, flying back from LHR. You have three windows all to yourself!! You face forward. We liked the row and would select it again.

Row 8 and 7 should be avoided: too close to the action in the galley.
I just sat in 8A NRT-IAD, and the galley noise was nonexistent.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by halls120
I just sat in 8A NRT-IAD, and the galley noise was nonexistent.
+1. No noisier than other seats in J.
Old May 7, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, SPG Platinum
1C or 1H?

I'm most interested in minimum light intrusion so that I can get a good night's sleep. Is one of these better than the other? Unfortunately, these are the only options in F.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Flying SFO-SYD in Sept on the 777 in (ugh) Economy+. 20 A,B and J not available.I have one of us in 20k, window.I have 19G Bulkhead aisle.Must have aisle! 21 C and H not available.

What are the pair of seats in 31 like? I assume there is much more legroom in the next row, Exit Row 33? Are they Economy+ size, or just regular seats?
Old May 10, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by mmack
Flying SFO-SYD in Sept on the 777 in (ugh) Economy+. 20 A,B and J not available.I have one of us in 20k, window.I have 19G Bulkhead aisle.Must have aisle! 21 C and H not available.

What are the pair of seats in 31 like? I assume there is much more legroom in the next row, Exit Row 33? Are they Economy+ size, or just regular seats?
31 has standard economy plus legroom (seat pitch) and regular recline. I prioritize the following seats/rows on the 777: 21C/H, 20A/B/J/K, 33A/C/H/K, and then row 31.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 14, 2014, 9:45 am

6B, 6K or 7A IAD-FRA?

I've never flown in the lie flat seats in BF. Generally I choose aisles when traveling; rarely choose a window (unless it's, say, an exit with nothing in front). On this flight, I hope to sleep. Any recommendations on 6B, 6K or 7A or is it pretty much a toss up?
Old May 14, 2014, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mmthomps
I've never flown in the lie flat seats in BF. Generally I choose aisles when traveling; rarely choose a window (unless it's, say, an exit with nothing in front). On this flight, I hope to sleep. Any recommendations on 6B, 6K or 7A or is it pretty much a toss up?
6K will be the quietest seat in the cabin, IMO. Got a good amount of sleep in it from IAD-DXB..
Old May 14, 2014, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Given the choice, I always go with rear facing - I prefer head marginally above feet, rather than the other way around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.