Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
--Wine Tasting and canapes with Doug Frost (United's Sommelier) and tour of UA's wine cellar
--A day in FA training
--Tour of multiple long haul aircraft models from nose to tail, cargo hold to crew quarters, including a guided exterior visual inspection with a UA pilot
--Flight to LAX and tour of Los Angeles Flight Path Museum and Learning Center and meal with retired UA pilot and FA in LAX Theme restaurant
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Question for ua1flyer.... how do you feel about United's elimination of Global First?
aCavalierInCoach likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
The sports auctions need to offer more unique experiences.

6 years ago I used UA miles to steal 2nd base during an Indians game. Since then they've just had boring old tickets up for auction.

I used Starpoints to throw out the first pitch before game 7 of the world series in 2016, but United doesn't seem to auction off that kind of stuff anymore.

Experiences or suites that I can't just buy on StubHub would be great. Space on UA charter with a team would be amazing.
schley, kirkwoodj, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Experiences or suites that I can't just buy on StubHub would be great. Space on UA charter with a team would be amazing.
Fly to the Olympics with TeamUSA would be awesome!
Old May 4, 2018, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SS255
Hollywood VIP Experience:

- 2 first class tickets to Los Angeles from anywhere in the United States
- 3 nights at the Beverly Hills Hotel (or equivalent)
- 2 tickets to dinner and a show at the Magic Castle
- VIP behind-the-scenes tour of a Hollywood Studio, including lunch in the executive dining room
- 2 tickets to a Hollywood (big summer tentpole) movie premiere, including the after-party
- Chauffeur-driven limo service to and from all events
If you live in LA, can you instead reallocate those tickets to go to any other city of choice?
Old May 5, 2018, 12:28 am

Some ideas:
  • Global Services for a Week/Month/Year?
  • Items off a retro (tulip) UA 747 aircraft (i.e. J/F seat)
  • Tickets to playoff sporting event (i.e. NBA Championship)
  • "Round-the-world" in Polaris ticket
  • Name gate at UA hub airport (EWR, ORD, SFO, etc.O)
  • Dinner with UA1Flyer
Safe Travels,

James
tuolumne and BeanTownBoy like this.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by BeanTownBoy
--Wine Tasting and canapes with Doug Frost (United's Sommelier) and tour of UA's wine cellar
The United wine cellar? The majority of the wines served are $8-15 retail ...
schley likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012

If you live in LA, can you instead reallocate those tickets to go to any other city of choice?
But then do you still have to go to the Magic Castle?
Old May 7, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Hammer0425

I think he meant "swill" cellar.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
Originally Posted by Hammer0425
No, some actually go for $20 (and champagnes up to $40)! Really it would be to get an overview of the range of inventory and understand a little more about what it takes to stock an international airline system. Also, it would be interesting to learn how aspects of taste are affected by flying in an arid, pressurized tube at 40,000 feet and to see how they taste on the ground. Frost is very qualified and I am sure he has some interesting thoughts and reasons behind the wines served.

Last edited by BeanTownBoy; May 7, 2018 at 10:31 pm
Old May 7, 2018, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BeanTownBoy
...meal with retired UA pilot and FA in LAX Theme restaurant
The Encounter restaurant/bar in the Theme Building closed a couple of years ago.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

The Encounter restaurant/bar in the Theme Building closed a couple of years ago.
Although you could do the Bob Hope USO Center at the bottom and then go up to the observation deck (that's open on Sat/Sun, but I'm sure UA could arrange a VIP experience).
Old May 8, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: UA GS
Another cool one would be a tour of the Control Tower at a hub. I did one back at MDW when i was a student pilot and it was very cool.
Old May 8, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Great ideas!! Keep them coming!! I assure you that mileage plus will see every post/suggestion and be grateful for your input. The diss about the wines was an “ouch” but noteworthy .So here come my latest suggestion. As many of you may know I won one of United’s first auctions, which was to appear on the Seinfeld Show. It was a memory of a lifetime!! So, What show would you like to appear on through an auction?
Old May 8, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
OK , I can’t Help myself. What would you bid for a 1 month unlimited pass in first/business on United metal only. You wouldn’t earn miles and it it wouldn’t count as status..... or maybe just lifetime miles and status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.