Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
How about choosing a route from gcmap.com that will give you exactly 20M (a few miles over are okay)?
Happy travels!
drewguy likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Gcmap will not do it. Nor will the star alliance timetable. UA is sometimes different by. 1 or 2 miles.

I did this for my million milestone, bit it took some serious spreadsheet work and hunting UA to get it right

Happy to help if he wants to hit 2 with 8 zeroes.
riphamilton likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Island Hopper?

-James
not a bad idea, but want to find a route that I can share the experience with my wife and kids. Maybe do it between now and then. Always wanted to do that route.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: All the programs!
It would be pretty awesome to hit exactly 20,000,000.
Of course the flying to a good destination also matters. I think UA1 is a good idea.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Seaborne was a great disappointment ,but Crystal no doubt is the best cruise line to take.
Hello Tom,

We've been looking into both Seaborne and Crystal for our next cruise. Greatly appreciate if if you could PM me a bit more details on why one was better than the other.

Thank you!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Need to figure out what route to take for my 20 million. Any ideas?
You may have addressed this back on the thread, but how do you feel about UA eliminated GF? I assume you'll be treated just as well as before, but will being in the Polaris/BF cabin make flying UA a bit less attractive for you? (I'm guessing you're one of the few UA customers for whom the elimination of GF actually matters much . . . )
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
UA1......HMMMMM, Not a bad idea.
I was thinking the new UA115 SFO-PPT route... party on the plane, and then relax for a few days in Tahiti.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by pnsnkr
Hello Tom,

We've been looking into both Seaborne and Crystal for our next cruise. Greatly appreciate if if you could PM me a bit more details on why one was better than the other.

Thank you!
if you go Seabourn do the small ships. They built a mid size ship a year ago to compete with Crystal. That’s what we sailed on. Understaffed, food was like a high school cafeteria. Even the Seabourn loyalists were disappointed. I you go Seabourn, stay with the smaller ships until they figure it out. There is a reason Crystal was voted best cruise line 13 years or so......Best food,best service,best entertainment etc. Just did my 8th cruise with them. I will book 2 next year. They have the highest retention rate of all cruise lines. It costs more than most other cruise lines, but worth every penny!
pnsnkr and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

SFO-PPT - probably starts around the same time you are up for 20mm!
I vote for this! ^

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Island Hopper?

-James
jjmoore likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Had an unbelievable summer traveling the world with my wife. Trips to Israel,Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and two cruises in August. Seaborne was a great disappointment ,but Crystal no doubt is the best cruise line to take. Flew back from Venice today, stopped in New Jersey long enough to repack and head back to Newark in time to catch the flight to SFO and on to Sydney tonight. I hit 2.5 million PQM tonight as well as pass 19,7 million BIS. 20 million is now within sight. I will update at 19.8. Need to figure out what route to take for my 20 million. Any ideas?
Hey Tom

ORD - SYD, holland america cruise SYD-AKL , AKL-ORD

When the ship stops in MEL drinks on my deck overlooking the port !

Stay busy my friend

JJ
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: UA GS, QF Plat, Marriot/SPG Plat, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
Hey Tom

ORD - SYD, holland america cruise SYD-AKL , AKL-ORD

When the ship stops in MEL drinks on my deck overlooking the port !

Stay busy my friend

JJ
My deck might be bigger... and I’ll fire up the grill. Port Melbourne is a great community, luck to be here and watch the Spirit of Tazzy pull out each night. Can’t wait for some better weather to enjoy the views.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
TOM pick a flight UA still have F seats on to hit 20mm
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by mellon
TOM pick a flight UA still have F seats on to hit 20mm
tough call, but just don’t see me doing his without trying to get my wife and 2 sons involved somehow.
kirkwoodj and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:05 pm

Just passed 2.700.000 PQM on way home from Norita. Closing in on 19.8million lifetime . Iwill update when I pass it.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Just passed 2.700.000 PQM on way home from Norita. Closing in on 19.8million lifetime . Iwill update when I pass it.
@ua1flyer ... have you narrowed down the choices for your celebratory route?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.