ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:44 am

It looks like you enjoyed yourself on the last 747 flight! I saw some pictures and images, and it looked like a blast with nice, festive fun!

Unfortunately, however, word also got out that the FA on the return flight to EWR was extremely nasty to you during the maintenance delay, almost un-acceptably nasty. I hope that didn’t ruin your special trip to see the Queen!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis

Unfortunately, however, word also got out that the FA on the return flight to EWR was extremely nasty to you during the maintenance delay, almost un-acceptably nasty. I hope that didnt ruin your special trip to see the Queen!
That doesn't sound fun... What did they do?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by warrenw
That doesn't sound fun... What did they do?
Here’s a link to the tweets from Jason who was on the return fight with him:

Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
I see a corrective action in someone's future.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
How did UA1Flyer respond?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
How did UA1Flyer respond?
I hope he stayed chill and someone else pulled a 'DYKWHI'.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I too was a bit surprised and put off by the FA's attitude. Tom handled it in stride with the usual class, but unfortunately the situation got worse as our HNL-EWR flight canceled shortly thereafter, and not nearly enough F seats were available on UA back to the mainland to accommodate the displaced pax... .

UA was quick with the 'apology' e-mails and I hope everyone got their downgrade comp!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Tom is the one guy who could get away with saying "DYKWIA" on United.!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K *G; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
I was in the galley with Tom when this FA mouthed off. He grabbed nuts and she went "HOW DARE YOU! Those are for the pilots!"

He was cool about it, but I honestly couldn't believe what I saw. She was the nastiest FA I've seen to date on UA, and to mouth off to Tom like that is next level.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:22 am

Did no one say to her "Do You Know Who That Is?"
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by eklapper
I was in the galley with Tom when this FA mouthed off. He grabbed nuts and she went "HOW DARE YOU! Those are for the pilots!"

He was cool about it, but I honestly couldn't believe what I saw. She was the nastiest FA I've seen to date on UA, and to mouth off to Tom like that is next level.
Unbelievable. At it’s best, the customer at Untied is truly one-of-a-kind, exceptional, almost. At it’s worst however, United is not a friendly place.

This level of variance is my biggest concern with United, luckily, I’ve had more exceptional experiences than sub-par ones of late, but this is concerning.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Did no one say to her "Do You Know Who That Is?"
No...he was wearing a fleece that said 18 Million Miler or something. And there were PAs from the captain prior to the delay that acknowledged there were passengers aboard from UA747 -- so some implication there might be some VIPs aboard.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:47 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Were they packets of nuts or in ramekins? Were they just sitting on a counter? What kind of aircraft was it?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Were they packets of nuts or in ramekins? Were they just sitting on a counter? What kind of aircraft was it?
There were three of them on the counter (for the three pilots) and it was ramekins. It was a 764 and we were in the door 2 galley, between F and Y.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by EWR764
I too was a bit surprised and put off by the FA's attitude. Tom handled it in stride with the usual class, but unfortunately the situation got worse as our HNL-EWR flight canceled shortly thereafter, and not nearly enough F seats were available on UA back to the mainland to accommodate the displaced pax... .

UA was quick with the 'apology' e-mails and I hope everyone got their downgrade comp!
I figured everyone flying back from UA747 would be pretty bummed after being on such a special flight with such a high service level. 2hr delay, cancellation, being sent to Y, that's got to sting and make one miss the 747 even more.

Originally Posted by eklapper

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Unbelievable. At its best, the customer at Untied is truly one-of-a-kind, exceptional, almost. At its worst however, United is not a friendly place.

This level of variance is my biggest concern with United, luckily, Ive had more exceptional experiences than sub-par ones of late, but this is concerning.
I figure anyone that has flown 19MM (or in his line of business) will have learned how to deal with rude people.

I'd much rather have good consistent service than sometimes excellent, sometimes horrible. It's just like a restaurant. You might have the best meal of your life, but if they can reproduce that same experience every time, then it's a crappy restaurant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.