Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

to the ua employees working on thanksgiving

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

to the ua employees working on thanksgiving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
No turkey on my turkey-day MR

(Well, I bought a turkey sub in one of the airports.) Did get a burger on one of two segments in F. And lots of friendly service, and lots of "Happy Thanksgiving" from crew. ^
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:20 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
yes, you work a 7 day a week job but it is still hard to work on a holiday and to be away from family so i would simply like to say thank you to the folks at my favorite airline
As Thanksgiving week as now started, it's time to give this thread its annual bump and say thank you to my favorite airline employees
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Though I'm not flying UA anymore, I'd like to thank all of the employees I interacted with over the years and wish all of them a Happy Thanksgiving ^
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SQ Gold, MAR Plat, Hilton Gold
Happy thanksgiving to some of the nicest employees out there. And best of luck to dealing with the traveler who flies once every 10 years and is now berating the agent for a 30min flight delay
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:09 pm

Thank you all. I guess it will be my turn this year working on Thanks Giving.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks United crews shuttling us around everyday and of course, on Thanksgiving. See you in the skies on Thursday!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:47 pm

From an employee of once great airline, thanks to all flyers who has supported United through out the years. Without you, we would not be around. Happy Thanks Giving. If you have to fly, have a wonderful time wherever you end up to be.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Honestly, I feel for everyone who has to work on Thanksgiving Day. Not just the airline employees, but everyone else at the airports: air traffic controllers, TSA and all security and safety personnel, the cleaning crews, not to mention the employees in all of the shops that are open inside the airports. I just hope that for those who work at the airports (not actually flying) they are able to get some time with their families and/or friends on this day. Thank you all very much and please have a Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:54 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by goalie
yes, you work a 7 day a week job but it is still hard to work on a holiday and to be away from family so i would simply like to say thank you to the folks at my favorite airline
With a quote of the original post, I Thank you

Last edited by goalie; Nov 24, 2015 at 10:33 pm Reason: Added quote
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Thanks to all of them for taking us where we need to go, and getting us in one piece!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
Thanks to the great crew on my flight (with family) SFO-DEN yesterday.

I also saw the GA at the gate next to us (gate 68 in SFO) doing an outstanding job handling a down gauge (and thus oversell) situation on a SFO-OGG flight. United didn't really give her the right tools to do her job well -- the computer system for reseating was horribly inefficient, and she was only able to offer $500 in compensation to people for getting on a flight 24 hours later (sounds like a lot, though not for a Hawaii flight on Thanksgiving weekend!).

But she, as an individual employee, was handling a very difficult situation in a very competent and classy manner.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
Let me add my best wishes to all who have to work on Thanksgiving--and to the many fine employees who are fortunate not to have to work tomorrow.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: United Mileageplus Primier 1K
To all those working in the airline industry in general with a special shoutout to the UA folks, firstly, I wish you safe travels today and tomorrow and secondly, I hope you get home to your families soon!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:17 am

Good news! I'm going to be in another country for Black Friday shopping!

I start the first of six days of flying on Thanksgiving this year, and my family and I have "airline holidays" which are just like the real ones except on a different day.

It's true for many people in the various service industries. I wouldn't trade actual holidays off for an office job in a bazillion years!

FAB
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by goalie
+1!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.