Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

to the ua employees working on thanksgiving

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by freshairborne
Ya just never know! Stick your head in the pointy end and see if the cap has argyle socks, a patriotic tie, and a super-clashy Swatch on.

That'd be me.

FAB
If I ever stuck my head in the cockpit, asked the captain to see his socks I would expect to be thrown off the plane and have my head examined!!

Thanks FAB and all the UA employees who post here not only for your insight but also spending time off the clock just because you love what you do.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I also want to extend my THANKS to all of you who make my flying experiences memorable and pleasant. I'll also be flying tomorrow (Ord-Ams). Had not thought about bringing something for the FAs... hmmm... now you've got me thinking! Have a lovely Thanksgiving Day, where ever you are spending it!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:24 pm

This thread is a nice gesture. Thank you for the kind responses.

This years Thanksgiving has me marooned for 91 hours in one of our most expensive European cites. We're making the best of it.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by njcommodore
If I ever stuck my head in the cockpit, asked the captain to see his socks I would expect to be thrown off the plane and have my head examined!!

Thanks FAB and all the UA employees who post here not only for your insight but also spending time off the clock just because you love what you do.
My socks (and the rest of me, and my crew, and 182 x 2 passengers) have been on both coasts today, and there are a few from each category that think maybe I need my head examined as well.

My Thanksgiving dinner will be Cuban food with a Cuban cigar chaser tomorrow night, and that ain't all bad!

FAB
Old Nov 22, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Happy Thanksgiving all. Wherever you might be working. Thank you.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 2:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
FAB I almost thought I might get to ride w/you finally but that itinerary sounds less like a final stop in SFO and more like a final stop on the east coast someplace.

I'll be flying today via SFO to SEA and wish everyone sUA and sCO a Happy Thanksgiving and special thanks for getting us to our destination safely with bags in tow.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:19 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all those employees sacrificing time with their families to work today!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This morning I called the MPSC at 7am CST, the moment it opened. Michelle answered, and I said "Michelle, I'm sorry you have to work Thanksgiving," and she broke out laughing, said thanks, and solved my problem with very good humor.

Thanks to Michelle and everyone else working today
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Gold / Bonvoy Platinum
We just found that my mother in law is in intense care in Hamburg, Germany. My wife will be on one of the next flights over.

I got good help from the call center and I am very thankful that there are UA employees out there working for us.

So, Thank you very much, Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:11 am

^
Originally Posted by jdtravel
Happy Thanksgiving to all those employees sacrificing time with their families to work today!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
Add my thanks as well. ^
Old Nov 22, 2012, 2:44 pm

Thanks to GA's @ BDL and BOS.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
On board now, but sadly, no argyle socks up front. I did bring some candies to the flight crew, and they were very appreciative.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 5:26 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I would like to thank the pilots and cabin crews of UA795 and UA1191 for working today. Both flights were terrific. Kudos also to the rampers, gate agents, and everyone else working today so we could have Thanksgiving Dinner with our families and loved ones.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 6:06 pm

I'm flying tonight on UA982 to Bahrain. So far I've bought enough SBUX Card with $5 each for the Flight Crew and Gate Agents working the flight. I've also made a Card from scratch thanking them for working the Holidays.

I'm in the industry but I had today off so I appreciate them for flying us tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.