Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

to the ua employees working on thanksgiving

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:37 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by goalie
yes, you work a 7 day a week job but it is still hard to work on a holiday and to be away from family so i would simply like to say thank you to the folks at my favorite airline
Time for the annual bump to say thank you for all that you do
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
yes, you work a 7 day a week job but it is still hard to work on a holiday and to be away from family so i would simply like to say thank you to the folks at my favorite airline
Cheers Goalie well said!!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:20 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Absolutely! It's been a difficult year for many of us.

And an extra special hug to my UA angel for the help in fixing my flights so Mom89339 who broke 3 ribs this week can travel in relative comfort without being poked in her ribs and we will be able to spend Thanksgiving together.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, National EE
Thanks to all the UA employees who are helping me to get to Turkey on Turkey day!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by coutura
Thanks to all the UA employees who are helping me to get to Turkey on Turkey day!
And those helping me get back from there on the same day
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Silver 2014), AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
My thanks to UA and AC staff who help me to join friends in the US for American Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
I'll add my voice to those flying the friendly skies this turkey day - actually a quick MR starting late the evening before, but the vast majority of the trip will take place on Thanksgiving. This thread actually reminded me to check seats, and I got to move up a few rows on my first flight. Since I'm a lowly silver doing the MR to get to gold, I have to wait 'til the day before to see if I get any upgrades or to at least get E+ seats.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Thanks again for getting me around all year!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I will actually be flying on thanksgiving day and plan to give a thanks.
I flew on thanksgiving night last year (in F on ORD-PHL). I joked to the FA "what no turkey?" She said "we have one on board but its for the crew, you'd be surprised what you can do in these ovens"
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
Thank you to all the hard working PAX friendly folks at United and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
^ for bumping Goalie.

Would also like to add my heartfelt thank you to everyone at UA. All of those magical moments would not have been possible without you.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eng3
I will actually be flying on thanksgiving day and plan to give a thanks.
I flew on thanksgiving night last year (in F on ORD-PHL). I joked to the FA "what no turkey?" She said "we have one on board but its for the crew, you'd be surprised what you can do in these ovens"
They should! It just doesn't seem right not to serve turkey to paxs on turkey day.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BayAreaTraveler
They should! It just doesn't seem right not to serve turkey to paxs on turkey day.
On LH premium cabins they have goose as an option for all of November and December.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Standard p.s. menu for my Thanksgivukkah lunch today. That being said, I am thankful to all the UA employees who are working today so I can spend the holiday with my family.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:46 pm

I am actually off today so far, more or less. My fleet, seat, and crew base has less flying these days, thus putting more of us on reserve, (me, for instance). As luck would have it, the crew desk has not called me so far, so it looks like I've got my first Thanksgiving at home in years!

My thanks to all our passengers that fly United, the other UA employees who are working today, and especially to my fellow crewmembers that didn't get sick, break a jet, misconnect, etc, which kept me fhome with my wife today!

FAB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.