Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Can't Redeem Missing Miles - Interface Bug?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't Redeem Missing Miles - Interface Bug?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Can't Redeem Missing Miles - Interface Bug?

Hello guys,

I'm trying to redeem missing miles but whenever I select an entry on the dropdown box the form doesn't show any extra fields nor do I get sent to another page in order to fill out my flight information.
Is anyone encountering the same bug?

Thank you!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:37 am

Do it on the mobile app for TK flights. Easy and instantaneous. The website has ... issues.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Do it on the mobile app for TK flights. Easy and instantaneous. The website has ... issues.
Oh, that's a great idea, it didn't even occur to me! Will give it a shot, thank you!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Turkish M&S; Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Thanks for the suggestion. I have the same problem. It used to work but no longer. (I fly AC regularly, and in the past couple of years, none of them have been credited automatically, so I have been a bit of a regular user of the form..)

Tried the app, it ask for a "Voucher number". Not sure what that is, so just put 0. Any other suggestion?

The app keep saying "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later" (MS-MS038066034). Not sure if this is temporary, so will try again later...
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by boywonderto
Thanks for the suggestion. I have the same problem. It used to work but no longer. (I fly AC regularly, and in the past couple of years, none of them have been credited automatically, so I have been a bit of a regular user of the form..)

Tried the app, it ask for a "Voucher number". Not sure what that is, so just put 0. Any other suggestion?

The app keep saying "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later" (MS-MS038066034). Not sure if this is temporary, so will try again later...
I almost put on my original post that I only used it for Turkish flights. That was easy and instantaneous.

I just went back and I see for Star Alliance flights the required input is different. I see the voucher number part and I honestly have no clue what that is. Maybe someone more savvy with this kind of stuff can chime in.

I'd just call Turkish's customer service and ask what to put in that field. You could also email Miles & Smiles and ask them to credit the miles, but you might wait for a long time so I'd try to do it yourself.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:57 am

I have the same issue here and would be happy to receive any Input if someone already got in touch with the Hotline/found a workaround?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:41 am

I can't use the feedback form to claim missing miles either; keep getting an error message at the end of the process when I hit "send."
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Ferrum
I have the same issue here and would be happy to receive any Input if someone already got in touch with the Hotline/found a workaround?
I emailed Miles & Smiles for credit and they did respond within a week, so they do respond. It didn't matter because I found the mobile app trick I mentioned above and did it myself, but it was nice that they got back to me.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by m4cc
Hello guys,

I'm trying to redeem missing miles but whenever I select an entry on the dropdown box the form doesn't show any extra fields nor do I get sent to another page in order to fill out my flight information.
Is anyone encountering the same bug?

Thank you!
I'm confused by your terminology and wonder whether this could be party of the problem.

To redeem miles in a FF program means to use the miles, for example to take miles from your account and pay for an award ("free") plane ticket with them. In this case, the number of miles in your account would go down in exchange for the ticket you want.

However, your problem seems to be missing miles, which would be described as miles that haven't been posted/credited to your account even though you have taken one or more flights to earn the missing miles. In this case, you want the miles showing in your account to go up by the number of miles that are missing.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by manhattan92
I can't use the feedback form to claim missing miles either; keep getting an error message at the end of the process when I hit "send."
I'm having a similar issue when trying to claim missing miles from a Star Alliance itinerary (TG) - after entering all the required information, I get the following code:

Error-MS-MS038066612

I'll follow the suggestion to use the app function rather than the website - hopefully that will be successful.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by boywonderto

Now that I've tried the app, I am also seeing this behavior. "Voucher number" is a required field, but there's no explanation of what it pertains to, and entering 0 definitely does not work. If anyone has had success understanding what entry is expected here, it would be a great help
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:37 am

Could be the solution

The statement from the website
  • You can inquire about flights made with program partner airlines 14 days after they have taken place.

Voucher number should be the e ticket itinerary number
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Gerbs
Now that I've tried the app, I am also seeing this behavior. "Voucher number" is a required field, but there's no explanation of what it pertains to, and entering 0 definitely does not work. If anyone has had success understanding what entry is expected here, it would be a great help
Same problem here. Anybody knows what is "voucher number"?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:25 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
I entered the ticket number again as I have to clue what voucher number coule be.

The app says enter booking class single format and denies submitting the claim. All i put there is a single J ... Guess we all love tk IT
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cln
I entered the ticket number again as I have to clue what voucher number coule be.

The app says enter booking class single format and denies submitting the claim. All i put there is a single J ... Guess we all love tk IT
For a TK flight or for a flight operated by another *A partner?

If it's a TK flight, try the mobile application.
If it's a *A flight, fill out a feedback form on the TK website including your passport photo page, boarding pass, e-ticket copy

to retroclaim miles.

By the way, what meant by voucher number is the e-ticket number.
Also for Business Class, try C instead of J. TK uses C for Business Class rather than J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.