Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2023, 5:29 pm

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Hi guys, I've sent my status match application through turkish airlines website for status match my Cathay Pacific Gold Membership (Sapphire level) with Miles&Smiles Gold star alliance (Elite Miles&Smiles) and I got rejected (please see email below) :

"Thank you for your interest in Miles&Smiles, the frequent flyer program which offers a whole world of benefits.

However, the level of your frequent flyer program membership is not equivalent to Star Alliance Gold. As such, we’re unable to fulfill your request to match your membership status to Elite.

Your membership status in another frequent flyer program must be equivalent to at least Miles&Smiles Elite status to be matched.

If you have any more questions about the Miles&Smiles program, please contact our call center on 0 850 333 0 849 (if you’re calling from outside Türkiye, please visit the “get in touch” page on turkishairlines.com to find the call center number for your region).

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to flying with you soon."

Actually both levels are equivalent in my opinion, any one you guys managed to get this status match?

Thanks for your feedback.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by fedeflyer
Hi guys, I've sent my status match application through turkish airlines website for status match my Cathay Pacific Gold Membership (Sapphire level) with Miles&Smiles Gold star alliance (Elite Miles&Smiles) and I got rejected

Actually both levels are equivalent in my opinion, any one you guys managed to get this status match?

Thanks for your feedback.
Unfortunately, TK doesn't match oneworld Sapphire to Elite so you were correctly rejected by them.
While, the benefits of OWS and *G might be similar, TK is the one to set the T&C of this program and they could decide whatever to do.

As far as I know, they did match at least one Finnair Gold here ( oneworld Sapphire ) which was back before COVID but other than that I have not heard any OWS being successfully matched to Turkish Miles&Smiles.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, TK doesn't match oneworld Sapphire to Elite so you were correctly rejected by them.
While, the benefits of OWS and *G might be similar, TK is the one to set the T&C of this program and they could decide whatever to do.

As far as I know, they did match at least one Finnair Gold here ( oneworld Sapphire ) which was back before COVID but other than that I have not heard any OWS being successfully matched to Turkish Miles&Smiles.
Ah, than everything makes sense, I thought there was a mistake from the customer support operator. All good.
Any suggestion for other successful status match from OW Sapphire to other Star Alliance frequent flyer program (Gold level)?

Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2023, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Ah, than everything makes sense, I thought there was a mistake from the customer support operator. All good.
Any suggestion for other successful status match from OW Sapphire to other Star Alliance frequent flyer program (Gold level)?

Thanks
I personally have no information but this thread could help: Airline Status Match Master Thread
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:26 pm

Smile

I personally have no information but this thread could help: Airline Status Match Master Thread
Thank you very much
Old Aug 14, 2023, 12:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite

Except they did exactly this for me earlier last year - just before a TK flight I did BKK-LHR in April 2022 - from Cathay Gold (OneWorld Sapphire) to Miles&Smiles Elite so it's not a clear-cut rule. The OP may have been referencing my posts in this thread on the subject.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:46 am

Talking

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Except they did exactly this for me earlier last year - just before a TK flight I did BKK-LHR in April 2022 - from Cathay Gold (OneWorld Sapphire) to Miles&Smiles Elite so it's not a clear-cut rule. The OP may have been referencing my posts in this thread on the subject.
This is interesting, thanks for sharing ! I might try to apply for a "new feedback" through their website asking if they could reconsider my application if I show them one flight booking with TK. My status match request is actually finalized to move all my coming flights to TK because not happy with CX network anymore and with their service as well. Let's see what happens.. otherwise I play last card... Status Match with Kenya Airways Asante and then trying to status match the SkyTeam Plus membership from Kenya Airways to TK
ftrichard likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Status Match with Kenya Airways Asante and then trying to status match the SkyTeam Plus membership from Kenya Airways to TK
That's some devious imagination at play. I like it
Old Aug 27, 2023, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jyrsa
That's some devious imagination at play. I like it
haha, first step done...
Old Aug 27, 2023, 7:12 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
haha, first step done...
you need to send TK a statement of the matched card with flight movements for the last two months. Tjey might be stingy and you need a good explanation
Old Aug 27, 2023, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
you need to send TK a statement of the matched card with flight movements for the last two months. Tjey might be stingy and you need a good explanation
Yes, correct. I will wait until I'll credit few flights on Asante Rewards, I have many coming through. Above all, next year TK will be the airline of first choice anyway for all my flights.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Yes, correct. I will wait until I'll credit few flights on Asante Rewards, I have many coming through. Above all, next year TK will be the airline of first choice anyway for all my flights.
I thought this too when I did the status match. However, I've found their fares BKK-LHR or BKK-LIS to be extremely uncompetitive so I've not booked them after my initial one-way BKK-LIS that I booked with them because we could take the cat in the cabin. I have qualified as Elite for the next two years since then organically but only because I've done a few Eva return flights BKK-LHR because they were cheapest on the route (and direct too). This trip I'm on Qatar on the same route because it was the cheapest. Or at least the cheapest of the airlines I'm prepared to travel (not so not connecting in India or China). Thing is this return Qatar flight is accruing to BA and will get me most of the way to BA Silver which I'll make a point of achieving before the end of my deadline in March next year so that's another nail in the coffin of *A for me.

So TK gets none of this business when it was my express intention to make them my long-haul carrier of choice in business class between Europe and Asia after I left Hong Kong at the end of 2021. Oh well. Loyalty doesn't seem to pay.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:06 am

I thought this too when I did the status match. However, I've found their fares BKK-LHR or BKK-LIS to be extremely uncompetitive so I've not booked them after my initial one-way BKK-LIS that I booked with them because we could take the cat in the cabin. I have qualified as Elite for the next two years since then organically but only because I've done a few Eva return flights BKK-LHR because they were cheapest on the route (and direct too). This trip I'm on Qatar on the same route because it was the cheapest. Or at least the cheapest of the airlines I'm prepared to travel (not so not connecting in India or China). Thing is this return Qatar flight is accruing to BA and will get me most of the way to BA Silver which I'll make a point of achieving before the end of my deadline in March next year so that's another nail in the coffin of *A for me.

So TK gets none of this business when it was my express intention to make them my long-haul carrier of choice in business class between Europe and Asia after I left Hong Kong at the end of 2021. Oh well. Loyalty doesn't seem to pay.
Yes, I understand you and agree with you that TK is not the chapest nowadays ... but to me they still offer a good service. I'm very disappointed by CX, I won't qualify for the Gold Membership this year as I used to do for the past 6 years... now this airlines is a nightmare, they cut lot of their network and, most of all, it is basically impossible to redeem Asiamiles. That's why I want to move my flights to TK. Their Miles&Smiles program is quite attractive when redeeming miles.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Status matched in 18 hours!

I requested around 1am this morning, and I received a message on my phone to check my email at 5pm. When I did, I had been matched to Elite with AA Exec Plat. (OW Emerald)

I have a few questions.. for the remaining extension of 8 extra months, does the first flight count towards the 15K required to extend it by another year or does the count start after that first flight. I am thinking of doing a day trip turnaround from London to Istanbul. Has anyone attempted that?

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
On July 08 they will extend the status until March 07 2024.
If you collect 15.000 miles (including the first one that extended the status by 8 months) on INTERNATIONAL TK flights within the first year of the status match the status will be extended by another year on March 07 - with expiration on March 07 2025 - BUT your status miles will be reset to zero. Then you need to collect 25.000 miles on Star alliance airlines until March 07 2025 to extend the status by another two years. From then you are in the regular requalification cycle.
*Thank you - you just answered the above question for me, but another thing I didn't quite understand what the website states that Business Class flights earn 1.75 bonus... Does that mean, on TK Business Class flights, I earn an additional 1.75x bonus as Elite? Can someone help clarify this?
Thanks

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Sep 13, 2023 at 11:00 am Reason: Correction
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
For some weird unexplained reason, TK fares are cheaper originating from Europe to Asia.
ftrichard likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.