Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Successful Legal Cases Against Turkish Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful Legal Cases Against Turkish Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nacho
OP is claiming a cancelled flight from GZP-IST with TK. TK is not an EU airline and the flight is not inside EU territory. Therefore TK is not obligated to follow EU 261.
Ahh.. good point. Got confused with the reference to LGW above and thought the flight was from the UK.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Received 600 euros after 6 hour delay YYZ-IST. Reach out on twitter to TK help desk, very responsive.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:27 pm

I bought ticket to fly to Istanbul from Munich . (Ticket num: 235XXXXXXXXXXX)Ongoing flight date was 23Feb2019 ( Turkish Airlines TK 1630
Confirmation code: XXXXX ) and Return was 3rd MArch 2019( Turkish Airlines TK 1635
Confirmation code: XXXXX) . I flew on 23rd Feb 2019 From Munich to Istanbul and Then on 3rd March 2019 , i reached airport 2.5 hours as usual considering a fact an international flight and formalities. I did online checkin but failed to get boarding pass on my mobile app. .And Upon Arriving Airport, I asked for boarding pass , they said there is some problem in system , please go to Sales Ticket Department and i waited at that department queue for 1hour or so and then they told me , we don't have your information in our system that you flew from Munich to Istanbul using Turkish Airlines, and i was shocked because its ridiculous for me.I
asked what to do ? help me here because its not my fault, they asked me my boarding pass and i showed them boarding pass when i flew from munich to istanbul and then i again waited for 30mins or so . time was less because plane will fly . So they came to me saying we cannot help now because our system doesn't show any info. I was very disappointed , under pressure , and tired. I asked what to do . They said dont worry , it seems system error . you can buy new ticket and when u arrive munich , speak with customer care , they will definitely help me. They offered me a ticket of fare 623Euros which is a big money , and luckily had credit card with me , without thinking much and trusting the words they told me , i bought the ticket. Since then I am communicating with Turkish airlines via feedback and they rejected my request once and i refilled the feedback again , to help me . I am hopeless now and its not fair . I am innocent and turkish airlines seems to be stealing money of customers.

I called customer care multiple times and they are very non helping and rude . One customer care person Rabia , hanged my call saying i cannot hear you anymore .
Other told me , you cannot get compensation , tomorrow you'l ask for millions.
I have given up hopes ,and i dont know how to solve this problem
Can anyone help me here?

Last edited by starflyergold; Apr 2, 2019 at 11:38 pm Reason: private info removed
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:46 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FT Rakesh Sadhu. It is not a good idea to make your private data (ticket number, booking code) public. I have removed the information from your post to protect your privacy.

You may wish to consider a small claims court action: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...s/index_en.htmI presume the ticket was bought in Germany?

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
cloudzocker and Rakesh Sadhu like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Rakesh Sadhu
I called customer care multiple times and they are very non helping and rude . One customer care person Rabia , hanged my call saying i cannot hear you anymore .
Other told me , you cannot get compensation , tomorrow you'l ask for millions.
I have given up hopes ,and i dont know how to solve this problem
Can anyone help me here?

I can't begin to understand what the underlying problem is. TK's customer care can be absolutely awful, and dealing with them in a third language is going to make an awkward process even worse.

My strong suggestion is that you deal directly, face to face, with a TK sales office. They have proved to be extremely helpful intermediaries when I've reached a brick wall with customer care.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Do you have an itinerary? Did you credit the flight to your Miles and Smiles account? If you do, screenshot everything and send it to TK's facebook page to see if they can do that for you.

Sometimes I think it's difficult for TK customer service to understand what the customer is asking for.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by slickvik
Received 600 euros after 6 hour delay YYZ-IST. Reach out on twitter to TK help desk, very responsive.
Is this part of the new Canadian rules?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by kq747
Is this part of the new Canadian rules?
Turkey has its own version of the EU law with the same amounts (as far as I know) as the compensation.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by max_kolesne
Turkey has its own version of the EU law with the same amounts (as far as I know) as the compensation.
Oh wow. Had no idea but I guess you learn something new everyday. Kind of interesting then how TK tries so hard to avoid paying it out if both EU and Turkish law apply but airlines will be airlines
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:21 pm

Problem is this :
I bought a ticket to and fro , Munich <=> Istanbul , while returning back from Istanbul to Munich , they didn't give me boarding pass, saying i was not on flight from Munich to Istanbul ( No Show ) .

So, it invalidates my Complete ticket and then I was forced under such circumstances to buy a ticket of 623 Euros from Istanbul to Munich

Thank you for listening to me.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:23 pm

Thank for your reply and I completely agree with you . I called them three times and each time i have to explain whats the problem and they dont understand well and finally they just say, all we can do is file your feedback.

I would go to Turkish Sales Office , before i take any final decision .

Thank you for helping and suggesting me
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:25 pm

Thank you , Yes i bought ticket online ( Munich <=> Istanbul ) , but extra extra which i was forced to buy ,was bought at Istanbul Airport. Would it be ok in that case?
Because I want to reimburse that money back { extra ticket }
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Rakesh Sadhu
Thank you , Yes i bought ticket online ( Munich <=> Istanbul ) , but extra extra which i was forced to buy ,was bought at Istanbul Airport. Would it be ok in that case?
Because I want to reimburse that money back { extra ticket }
Have you credited your flight to your frequent flyer programme? If you have, then show them that the flight has been credited because it's the best proof that you were on that flight. The way that I deal with TK is plenty of screenshots.

Did you pay your ticket with a credit card? If you did, and TK doesn't do anything to help, try to do a charge back with your credit card issuer.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:13 am

Hello,

I just want to report about a successful Legal case:
17.9.2018 flight MUC - IST - PVG; 2nd leg is delayed by 4.5 hours, reason was a technical problem. I claim 600 EUR (EG-261).
Online-claim is rejected; Claim by mail to German office transferred to Turkey, rejected agein; I transferred the case to flightright (a German lawfirm specializing in this).
They claimed again, no answer.
Then they opened a court case and finally won.
Today I received the message that Turkish Airlines had paid them the 600 EUR; I will receive 400, they keep 200.

From the very beginning is was clear that they were wrong, but they didn't care and even are willing to invest additional time and money (costs for the law case).
This is a typical lose-lose situation.

Recently the same situation happened again (3hours and 2 minutes delay). Let's see if they agree to pay directly now, or will go the same way ...

I will report.
eqeqeqx likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by treb
This is a typical lose-lose situation.
No it's not... many people give up trying without going to court. And the airlines don't actually spend much money defending themselves in court. So they undoubtedly save money by being difficult.

I seriously doubt that paying out claims quickly and painlessly would actually generate enough consumer goodwill and extra business to justify the obvious cost... I've got a case pending via a claims firm against BA, but that doesn't mean I've stopped flying BA...
rozy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.