Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Successful Legal Cases Against Turkish Airlines

Successful Legal Cases Against Turkish Airlines

Old Oct 8, 2023, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by PG2023
thanks for the link! The info about the crazy drivers and inedible meals are the facts that prove what is called 'negligence' in the US. A company that negligently puts customers' lives in danger in USA can lose a TON of money in the court of law - not just 600 Euro for the delay, but hundreds of thousands if not millions, just be cause they could care, could control their business processes, and they negligently dont do it. One of Turkish Airlines employees told us (on the record) "We sell too many tickets to care about all the passengers" - after I told her that, say, in Dubai airport when we had a short connection, we had a person with a "SHORT CONNECTION" sign in her hands, and an electric buggy to deliver ALL the passengers (economy class by the way!) who could be late for the next flight to the gate on time. So TA employee openly said that, in short, they dont care because there are too many of us, passengers, and they are a super busy company. )) This record alone, be it an American airline company, would help them lose their case in ABSOLUTELY ANY court in the US.
So I mentioned these details (and we have A LOT OF another negligent and intentionally distressful moments like this from their side on the video records) in case some lawyer is reading the thread and wants to pick up the case.
Just to let you know that TK does have people standing by the gates with short connection passengers, I was one of them once. Which airline is not overselling? That's why we have EU 261 to protect passengers when this happens.

Once AA went MX we were put in a Fairfield Inn as OW S passengers - we had to wait 2 hours to get our rooms and we were ahead of most people (we got it in the flagship lounge at LAX). We didn't get dinner or anything (fortunately we filled ourselves up at the lounge). The hotel had breakfast - typical FFI breakfast. Despite we had boarding pass for the next flight we had to drag our checked bags out from the luggage carousel and then to the shuttle and back and check them in the next day - 2 adults 3 kids and 7 checked bags! We waited 90 minutes for the shuttle to come. By the time we got to the hotel it was past midnight. I don't know who is more distress here.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.