Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
It's strange this thread has no Wiki, so here it is, created 7/21/2015

PLEASE READ THE OP Post first

For case related questions ( ex: Am I eligible, etc... ) contact[email protected] first before posting your question here.

TK free hotel room rules:

A complimentary hotel accommodation (maximum 2 nights) will be provided to our valuable passengers when there are more than 10 hours (for economy cabin passengers) and 7 or more hours (for business cabin passengers) waiting during their international connecting flights due to Turkish Airlines’ schedule structure. However, if your destination can be reached by an alternative flight to your first flight and the waiting time is less, you cannot take advantage of the hotel service. This service is not applicable when there is a shorter connection available within the time frame mentioned above. The first and the connecting flights must be with Turkish Airlines. All passengers must hold a confirmed reservation for the first and the connecting flights. Complimentary accommodation will be arranged with Turkish Airlines’ corporate partners and will be provided through the “Hotel Desk” located after the customs’ check point at the arrival. Passengers must check for any visa requirements when entering Turkey. In the event where a visa is not granted, Turkish Airlines assumes no responsibility for providing complimentary hotel accommodation.

Note:
- You still need e-VISA to enter Turkish for a Tour or Hotel. The prices vary by countries ($60 USD for Canadian, $20 for USA, etc...)
You can apply here at https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Tour website is at http://www.istanbulinhours.com/
There are 3 tours offered (Schedule)
  1. Tour 1 8:30am - 11am - Sightseeing Tour
  2. Tour 2 9am - 3pm - Tour
  3. Tour 3 9am - 6pm - Tour
  4. Tour 4 12pm - 6pm - Tour
  5. Tour 5 4pm - 9pm - Cultural Walk Tour
How to Apply - You need minimum 6 hours layover, max 24 hours. Both inbound and outbound flights must be on TK.

A Bosphorus cruise, with food and drinks, is available for business class passengers of more than 7 hour layover (€183 as of Nov. 2017)

Here's a list of the common hotels that are reported in this thread:

Marriott Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel (72% TripAdvisor – most common)
Akgün Istanbul Hotel (44% TripAdvisor–common – far from the airport)
Wow Airport Hotel (56% TripAdvisor–common - very close to airport)
DoubleTree
Wyndham İstanbul Petek (92% TripAdvisor)
Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel (53% TripAdvisor)
Hilton Garden Inn
Courtyard by Marriott Istanbul International Airport
Gonen Hotel Istanbul
Pullman Istanbul Airport Hotel
Print Wikipost

FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:44 pm

as a reminder on how to get confirmation of eligibility:

email [email protected] w/ flite details and ask them if u're eligible
Old Apr 5, 2014, 2:35 am

I am landing at IST at 7pm by itenary and i have a 12h40m layover until my flight to SKP at 7.40am the next morning.

Problem is there is a flight 7.25pm the same night to SKP and i when i tried to book that flight there was no possibility because 25m is too short!

Will i be eligible for a hotel?

Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:02 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Bobby991
I am landing at IST at 7pm by itenary and i have a 12h40m layover until my flight to SKP at 7.40am the next morning.

Problem is there is a flight 7.25pm the same night to SKP and i when i tried to book that flight there was no possibility because 25m is too short!

Will i be eligible for a hotel?

Thanks.
Where are you flying in from?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Where are you flying in from?
St.Petersburg. It's a 3 hour flight, always had bad luck before at Istanbul airport, airplane taxiing for half an hour and then taking the bus. Really hope for a breakout here, i really like TA.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:50 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Bobby991
St.Petersburg. It's a 3 hour flight, always had bad luck before at Istanbul airport, airplane taxiing for half an hour and then taking the bus. Really hope for a breakout here, i really like TA.
As this appears to be the only connection possible you should be able to get a room.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:43 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Looks like they changed the requirements online
Now you need a 4:30PM or later dept for the 9A-3P tour.

Yesterday we had a long layover. At least the airport has a nice metro system. We took the subway into the town. Took some 45min. the stop is close to the main sites and it was quite easy to see them.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:16 am
Suspended

Does anybody know if I would get a free room if I choose a layover of abouth 17 hours instead of 11 hours,the 11 hour stopover is offcause the shortest possible,so there is no flight whitind the 10 hour limit.

Last edited by geirfugl; Apr 20, 2014 at 10:29 am
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Sorry for yet another "am I eligible for a tour" question!

I'm arriving on SQ392 (booked on SQ, but this flight codeshares with Turkish - TK8867). Connecting 12hours later to a TK flight. As per the rules, both has to be a TK flight or codeshare flight. However my first flight, although codeshared with TK, is an SQ ticket. Would it be counted as a codeshare flight? Sorry, I'm confused and could not find any clear answer - would appreciate any help...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:16 am

I think this is going to work our perfectly for me. But does anyone know where the hotels are located? Near the airport? We would have like a 24 hr layover so we'd prefer to go to the city, spend the evening there, then do the 9am-3pm tour the next day and fly out. So staying at the airport would mean 2 roundtrips to the city which is painful.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by geirfugl
Does anybody know if I would get a free room if I choose a layover of abouth 17 hours instead of 11 hours,the 11 hour stopover is offcause the shortest possible,so there is no flight whitind the 10 hour limit.

I think no, I ask the same question few days ago

flight will be from Moscow, if you choice longer connection time , even if there are shorter ones , you wont be eligible... ( from moscow they have 3 flights so , you can always make shorter connection )

at least what they told me at the IST lounge...

but I think you can still try your chance ...
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:07 am

Hey there!
Sorry to start my first here post with a request.
Next tuesday me and my family (+2) will be staying overnight in IST coming from BUD and going to YYZ the next day in C (+ TK Elite status).
I booked quiet a while ago (October/November 13). Then, there was no morning flight from Budapest in TKs schedule. It seems, they now have established morning service from BUD, disqualifiying us for a free night. After a short (and rather bumpy due to lack of TKs english) conversation with HotelDesk via Mail, they told me i would not qualify.
Seems like a pickle, as TK staff (at least my mail contact) refused to believe the new introduction of the morning flight from BUD.
If i were travelling alone, i would risk it. But with family i am starting to worry a bit, as we might get stranded at 1 a.m. at the airport.
I am most definetly sure my booking was correct, as a few fellow travellers flew same routing in february and getting a free night.

Would be more then happy to hear some good news!
Old May 2, 2014, 11:09 pm

Just got back from my free accommodation. It was easy to get and we have been booked into Radisson Blu Airport Hotel. A hotel near centre would have been great, but here the transfertime was quite low.
Old May 3, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: FB Platinum Life | BA Gold | TK Elite | IHG Platinum | Club Carlson Silver | Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by daudigaudi
Just got back from my free accommodation. It was easy to get and we have been booked into Radisson Blu Airport Hotel. A hotel near centre would have been great, but here the transfertime was quite low.
I got booked into the same hotel last night. Free breakfast was also included with a pretty good selection.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
We have the exact same situation coming up in June (In C, however status is with A3)! And you are right, there was no morning flight operating when we booked BUD-IST-YYZ, but there is one now... I hope to hear how things worked out!

Originally Posted by RejectTO
Hey there!
Sorry to start my first here post with a request.
Next tuesday me and my family (+2) will be staying overnight in IST coming from BUD and going to YYZ the next day in C (+ TK Elite status).
I booked quiet a while ago (October/November 13). Then, there was no morning flight from Budapest in TKs schedule. It seems, they now have established morning service from BUD, disqualifiying us for a free night. After a short (and rather bumpy due to lack of TKs english) conversation with HotelDesk via Mail, they told me i would not qualify.
Seems like a pickle, as TK staff (at least my mail contact) refused to believe the new introduction of the morning flight from BUD.
If i were travelling alone, i would risk it. But with family i am starting to worry a bit, as we might get stranded at 1 a.m. at the airport.
I am most definetly sure my booking was correct, as a few fellow travellers flew same routing in february and getting a free night.

Would be more then happy to hear some good news!
Old May 5, 2014, 2:16 am

Went to the TK office at MUC airport, they were quite unterstanding and had no clue why the HotelDesk-Staff would behave like this.
Unfortunately, they could not do anything. Tomorrow (day of departure) i maybe try to convince them to print me out some form (preferrebly in turkish).
Letīs hope the best...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.